NATION

PASSWORD

[Draft] Repeal: "Minimum Standard of Living Act"

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
United Cats of America
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 26, 2020
Ex-Nation

[Draft] Repeal: "Minimum Standard of Living Act"

Postby United Cats of America » Tue May 05, 2020 12:24 pm

General Assembly Resolution #344 “Minimum Standard of Living Act” (Category: Social Justice; Strength: Strong) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

The World Assembly,

Commending the resolution for its efforts to reduce poverty around the world;

Acknowledging the need to provide a minimum standard of living for every individual in the member states of the World Assembly;

Concerned about the limitations in the resolutions in having a solid plan to reduce poverty in the world;

Believing that Section 1 does not go far enough to set a standard of living that is desirable for every single individual in a country;

Noting that Section 2 is vague in terms of setting what member states have to do to set a minimum standard of living;

Also noting that Section 4, Clause B gives the governments of member states the ability to deny a minimum standard of living for individuals in a country through unfair or biased reasons;

Aware of the statement in Section 6 that allows this repeal to take place;

Shocked that Section 5 gives governments of countries ability to not provide a full standard of living during the times individuals need a minimum standard of living the most;

Also aware of the need for a stronger act setting the minimum standards of living in the near future;

Hereby repeals GA#344 "Minimum Standard of Living Act"

This is what the repeal proposal will look like. Any thoughts?
Last edited by United Cats of America on Tue May 05, 2020 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathol Rift
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kathol Rift » Tue May 05, 2020 12:26 pm

Ooc: It generally helps if you post it for feedback prior to submitting it. Otherwise, there’s not much purpose to posting for feedback. I believe other people mentioned this on your other proposals as well.
Hot Girls Vote

I drive wee-woo wagon and professionally distribute band-aids. For some ungodly reason they trusted me with drugs and I am using them to hijack my own gender.

As the top of the sig says. Singularity technology and Juggernaut military by The Pacific Standards. We're good now, sort of.

This nation was developed under the influence of metal

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Tue May 05, 2020 12:32 pm

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

United Cats of America
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 26, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby United Cats of America » Tue May 05, 2020 12:32 pm

Kathol Rift wrote:Ooc: It generally helps if you post it for feedback prior to submitting it. Otherwise, there’s not much purpose to posting for feedback. I believe other people mentioned this on your other proposals as well.

Fine. I deleted my proposal and changed the title of the forum post to "Draft"

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Tue May 05, 2020 12:45 pm

United Cats of America wrote:
General Assembly Resolution #344 “Minimum Standard of Living Act” (Category: Social Justice; Strength: Strong) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

The World Assembly,

Commending the resolution for its efforts to reduce poverty around the world;

Acknowledging the need to provide a minimum standard of living for every individual in the member states of the World Assembly;

Concerned about the limitations in the resolutions in having a solid plan to reduce poverty in the world;

Believing that Section 1 does not go far enough to set a standard of living that is desirable for every single individual in a country;
Defines the "minimum standard of living", for the purposes of this resolution, as the minimum levels of access to food and water, clothing, housing, sanitation, appropriate utilities, and appropriate transportation necessary for a person to remain reasonably healthy, safe and productive in a given member state;
Actually, this sets a quite acceptable amount.

Noting that Section 2 is vague in terms of setting what member states have to do to set a minimum standard of living;
Declares that each member state is required to guarantee a minimum standard of living to all inhabitants of that member state;
This is not in the least bit vague.

Also noting that Section 4, Clause B gives the governments of member states the ability to deny a minimum standard of living for individuals in a country through unfair or biased reasons;
So? What exactly in “unfair” or “biased”?

Aware of the statement in Section 6 that allows this repeal to take place;
Only Resolution 1 and repeals cannot be repealed. This is not required.

Shocked that Section 5 gives governments of countries ability to not provide a full standard of living during the times individuals need a minimum standard of living the most;
If a country is in economic freefall, just what do you expect them to do? Just keep printing money? Its been tried. This is how you loaves of bread that cost trillions.

Also aware of the need for a stronger act setting the minimum standards of living in the near future;
Draconian one-size-fits-all legislation does not work. It rapidly becomes one-size-fits-nobody.

Hereby repeals GA#344 "Minimum Standard of Living Act"

This is what the repeal proposal will look like. Any thoughts?
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Return to General Assembly