NATION

PASSWORD

Silly and/or Illegal GA Proposals. zOMG! - Q&A split

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
User avatar
Sionis Prioratus
Senator
 
Posts: 3537
Founded: Feb 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Silly and/or Illegal GA Proposals. zOMG! - Q&A split

Postby Sionis Prioratus » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:09 am

Maybe not the appropriate thread to ask this, but would it be legal to submit an otherwise legal draft in Olde English or Ebonics?
Last edited by Kryozerkia on Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cathérine Victoire de Saint-Clair
Haute Ambassadrice for the WA for
✡ The Jewish Kingdom of Sionis Prioratus
Daughter of The Late King Adrian the First
In the Name of
Sa Majesté Impériale Dagobert VI de Saint-Clair
A simple truth

User avatar
Ardchoille
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 9842
Founded: Apr 18, 2004
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ardchoille » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:13 am

Sionis Prioratus wrote:Maybe not the appropriate thread to ask this, but would it be legal to submit an otherwise legal draft in Olde English or Ebonics?


From the Proposal Rules:
Hack wrote:Format Remember where I mentioned needing more than rhetoric? Yeah, this is what I'm talking about. This also includes ... Proposals that are just too incomprehensible to make sense of ...<snip> ... if I have to spend a good chunk of time trying to figure out what's going on, it'll be nuked.

Proposals written entirely in other languages are out, too.


From that, I'd say that the test is whether it's generally understandable. Probably "flavour" text, rather than full-on accurate versions, would have more chance -- think TV-show, stage-play level. Neither ruling it out nor ruling it in; it'd depend on the individual proposal.
Ideological Bulwark #35
The more scandalous charges were suppressed; the vicar of Christ was accused only of piracy, rape, sodomy, murder and incest. -- Edward Gibbon on the schismatic Pope John XXIII (1410–1415).

User avatar
Flibbleites
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 6569
Founded: Jan 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:01 am

Ardchoille wrote:
Sionis Prioratus wrote:Maybe not the appropriate thread to ask this, but would it be legal to submit an otherwise legal draft in Olde English or Ebonics?


From the Proposal Rules:
Hack wrote:Format Remember where I mentioned needing more than rhetoric? Yeah, this is what I'm talking about. This also includes ... Proposals that are just too incomprehensible to make sense of ...<snip> ... if I have to spend a good chunk of time trying to figure out what's going on, it'll be nuked.

Proposals written entirely in other languages are out, too.


From that, I'd say that the test is whether it's generally understandable. Probably "flavour" text, rather than full-on accurate versions, would have more chance -- think TV-show, stage-play level. Neither ruling it out nor ruling it in; it'd depend on the individual proposal.

It should be noted that if you do go that route and it's legal, you'll have an uphill fight during the debate. Just check out the debate over Repeal "Rights of Minorities and Women".

User avatar
Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5725
Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:08 am

Could a new topic possibly be created for members to ask questions about the rules, like the one we had on Jolt?

...or do we already have a thread like that here?
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

User avatar
Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 11096
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:26 am

Now we do. There is a sticky for this at the top of the forum.
Problem to Report?
Game-side: Getting Help
Forum-side: Moderation
Technical issue/suggestion: Technical
A-well-a, don't you know about the bird
♦ Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word ♦
♦ A-well-a, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Get the cheese to Sickbay

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

User avatar
Pwnedbynoob
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 2
Founded: Feb 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Regarding Format

Postby Pwnedbynoob » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:41 pm

I understand that this question has probably been asked thousands of times but maybe someone can at least point me in the right direction. What kind of format should I have for a proposal in the WA for the General Assembly?

User avatar
Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 11096
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:51 pm

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=30

You can view prior resolutions there. There is no preset template for any resolution, but people tend to follow certain conventions. One of those conventions is posting the draft of their proposal for peer review, critique and comments on this forum.
Problem to Report?
Game-side: Getting Help
Forum-side: Moderation
Technical issue/suggestion: Technical
A-well-a, don't you know about the bird
♦ Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word ♦
♦ A-well-a, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Get the cheese to Sickbay

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

User avatar
Linux and the X
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5476
Founded: Apr 29, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Linux and the X » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:09 pm

Kryozerkia wrote:One of those conventions is posting the draft of their proposal for praise and sucking up.

That's more like it. Sadly.
If you see I've made a mistake in my wording or a factual detail, telegram me and I'll fix it. I'll even give you credit for pointing it out, if you'd like.
BLUE LIVES MURDER

[violet]: Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Me, responding to a request to vote for a liberation: But... but that would blemish my near-perfect history of spitefully voting against anything the SC does!
Farnhamia: That is not to be taken as license to start calling people "buttmunch."

GPG key ID: A8960638 fingerprint: 2239 2687 0B50 2CEC 28F7 D950 CCD0 26FC A896 0638

they/them pronouns

User avatar
Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 11096
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:17 pm

Linux and the X wrote:
Kryozerkia wrote:One of those conventions is posting the draft of their proposal for praise and sucking up.

That's more like it. Sadly.

How dare you make my statement more accurate! :o
Problem to Report?
Game-side: Getting Help
Forum-side: Moderation
Technical issue/suggestion: Technical
A-well-a, don't you know about the bird
♦ Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word ♦
♦ A-well-a, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Get the cheese to Sickbay

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

User avatar
Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5725
Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:21 pm

Um, gravedig lock, perhaps? We already have the sticky for questions as these. 8)
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson


Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Tinhampton

Advertisement

Remove ads