NATION

PASSWORD

General Assembly Q&A

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Nepleslia
Attaché
 
Posts: 84
Founded: Jun 23, 2020
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Nepleslia » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:01 pm

Untecna wrote:I find it that I still prefer WA legislation over my own. Anyone else without WA membership feel the same?

I see little reason to hand my nation’s self-governance and sovereignty over to a bunch of self-serving globalist bureaucrats that are both unelected and unaccountable.
Last edited by Nepleslia on Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 15787
Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Separatist Peoples » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:15 pm

Nepleslia wrote:
Untecna wrote:I find it that I still prefer WA legislation over my own. Anyone else without WA membership feel the same?

I see little reason to hand my nation’s self-governance and sovereignty over to a bunch of self-serving globalist bureaucrats that are both unelected and unaccountable.

The WA is a democratic institution without leaders. You don't understand the WA or how it works.

His Worshipfulness Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

User avatar
Islands Of Ventro
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 113
Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Islands Of Ventro » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:30 pm

So I have been trying to get different legislations passed over the last few weeks and now my region is dying , I only have one endorsement and cannot continue trying to write them if I only have that small amount, and before you say you can leave your region, No. I will not leave my region. Can anyone help me with this
Proud member of Kazrogu | Communism and Democracy Together | You should never be afraid when your Here
First Annual Gardivia National Chess Championship - Henry Reque; 19th
Arena Bowl VIII - TBD
Rake

User avatar
Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 15787
Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Separatist Peoples » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:36 pm

Islands Of Ventro wrote:So I have been trying to get different legislations passed over the last few weeks and now my region is dying , I only have one endorsement and cannot continue trying to write them if I only have that small amount, and before you say you can leave your region, No. I will not leave my region. Can anyone help me with this

If you aren't willing to leave your region, I'm not sure why other people would be willing to leave their regions. There's nothing else anybody can do.

His Worshipfulness Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

User avatar
Wille-Harlia
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 53
Founded: Apr 09, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Wille-Harlia » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:43 pm

Is there any specific thread that lists the appropriate syntax for GA Proposals? Like whether to use a semicolon, colon, period, etc.
Posts are OOC unless marked otherwise
Minister to the World Assembly: John J. Hill
Senator for Himes West (Roleplay) 10000 Islands

User avatar
Kenmoria
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6530
Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Corporate Bordello

Postby Kenmoria » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:02 am

Wille-Harlia wrote:Is there any specific thread that lists the appropriate syntax for GA Proposals? Like whether to use a semicolon, colon, period, etc.

Though it isn’t a thread, there is a web page, authored by Imperium Anglorum, which explains legislative styles.
A representative democracy with a parliament of 535 seats
Kenmoria is Laissez-Faire on economy but centre-left on social issues
Located in Europe and border France to the right and Spain below
NS stats and policies are not canon, use the factbooks
Not in the WA despite coincidentally following nearly all resolutions
This is due to a problem with how the WA contradicts democracy
However we do have a WA mission and often participate in drafting
Current ambassador: James Lewitt

For more information, read the factbooks here.

User avatar
Wille-Harlia
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 53
Founded: Apr 09, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Wille-Harlia » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:41 am

Kenmoria wrote:
Wille-Harlia wrote:Is there any specific thread that lists the appropriate syntax for GA Proposals? Like whether to use a semicolon, colon, period, etc.

Though it isn’t a thread, there is a web page, authored by Imperium Anglorum, which explains legislative styles.

Thanks!
Posts are OOC unless marked otherwise
Minister to the World Assembly: John J. Hill
Senator for Himes West (Roleplay) 10000 Islands

User avatar
Untecna
Diplomat
 
Posts: 940
Founded: Jun 02, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Untecna » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:56 am

Just so everyone knows, someone is trying to repeal GAR#17.
Somehow still arguing in the WA since 2020.
A Middle East nation that hates extremists of all stripes, and loves to keep his policies except for some that he needs to get rid of due to unfairness. Except the Death Penalty. We use it fairly, we are going to keep it.
Part of: SETA | IFTC | GRAIL | CATO
My storefronts: Palo

I denounce you

User avatar
Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 15787
Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Separatist Peoples » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:38 am

Untecna wrote:Just so everyone knows, someone is trying to repeal GAR#17.

Anybody is welcome to try to repeal anything in the GA. We don't need notices when people try. Especially when the proposal won't hit quorum.

His Worshipfulness Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

User avatar
Shubharora734
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: Dec 11, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Shubharora734 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:53 am

I don't think I'm really understanding your question, because I can't see the connection between "parliament" and "world police". The WA can't be the sort of parliament that decides to go to war or set up a world police, because it's been told it can't have armies, military or police.

User avatar
Imperium Anglorum
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10155
Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:11 pm

Shubharora734 wrote:I don't think I'm really understanding your question, because I can't see the connection between "parliament" and "world police". The WA can't be the sort of parliament that decides to go to war or set up a world police, because it's been told it can't have armies, military or police.

This seems entirely devoid of context. Can you provide some?

Author: 1 SC and 40 GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
Toxic villainous globalist kittehs
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley (EMW); OOC unless otherwise indicated
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Dastardly villain providing free services to the community sans remuneration

User avatar
New France Republic
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: Dec 09, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New France Republic » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:27 pm

Wrapper wrote:
Urgench wrote:Either that or can legality issues be dealt with the old way, in drafting threads ?

This thread is primarily for clarifying the actual rules themselves. Legality issues are ideally dealt with through the draft thread itself.

this my News for all Nation.

User avatar
The Trollface Ethnostate
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 8
Founded: Dec 23, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Trollface Ethnostate » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:39 pm

Is GA just an RP thing, or does it affect gameplay?

User avatar
Balkede
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 11
Founded: Oct 11, 2020
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Balkede » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:41 pm

The Trollface Ethnostate wrote:Is GA just an RP thing, or does it affect gameplay?

It's mostly RP, but it affects stats.

Also hi Trollface Ethnostate :)

User avatar
The Trollface Ethnostate
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 8
Founded: Dec 23, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Trollface Ethnostate » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:49 pm

Balkede wrote:
The Trollface Ethnostate wrote:Is GA just an RP thing, or does it affect gameplay?

It's mostly RP, but it affects stats.

Also hi Trollface Ethnostate :)

What stats does it affect?

User avatar
Balkede
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 11
Founded: Oct 11, 2020
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Balkede » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:51 pm

The Trollface Ethnostate wrote:
Balkede wrote:It's mostly RP, but it affects stats.

Also hi Trollface Ethnostate :)

What stats does it affect?

all of them except stats like population, influence, residency.

User avatar
The Trollface Ethnostate
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 8
Founded: Dec 23, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Trollface Ethnostate » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:56 pm

Balkede wrote:
The Trollface Ethnostate wrote:What stats does it affect?

all of them except stats like population, influence, residency.


How are the affected stats decided?

User avatar
Lord Dominator
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6466
Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Lord Dominator » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:39 pm

The Trollface Ethnostate wrote:
Balkede wrote:all of them except stats like population, influence, residency.


How are the affected stats decided?

Which stats are affected are predetermined by category & area of effect, with how large the effect coming from the strength.

User avatar
Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 15787
Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Separatist Peoples » Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:49 am

The Trollface Ethnostate wrote:
Balkede wrote:all of them except stats like population, influence, residency.


How are the affected stats decided?

The admin have a coding system. The coding system roughly corresponds between gameside values and GA categories.

The actual stats are Very Secret. Only site staff gets to look at them, and not even all of them, iirc.

His Worshipfulness Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

User avatar
Ongmonnif
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 6
Founded: Dec 11, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Ongmonnif » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:31 pm

If at some point, I wanted to write my own General Assembly resolution, what would the first step be?

User avatar
Tinhampton
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7744
Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Tinhampton » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:33 pm

Ongmonnif wrote:If at some point, I wanted to write my own General Assembly resolution, what would the first step be?

Draft it on the forums.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 319,372): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540
Other achievements: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; -45 Darkspawn Kill Points; current WA Delegate of Auctor; "Tinhampton? the man's literally god"
Who am I, really? 45yo Tory woman; Cambridge graduate; possibly very controversial; currently simping for Marie Newman

User avatar
Panemore
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 188
Founded: Jan 24, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

I have a question.

Postby Panemore » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:21 pm

Would it be possible to propose a resolution that would sweep obesity rates under the carpet to benefit corporate entities? (i.e food chains, restaurants). Does this sound like a good idea in the first place?

User avatar
Imperium Anglorum
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10155
Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:01 pm

Panemore wrote:Would it be possible to propose a resolution that would sweep obesity rates under the carpet to benefit corporate entities? (i.e food chains, restaurants). Does this sound like a good idea in the first place?

Are you really proposing 'force all nations not to measure it so the problem is swept under the rug'? Imperium Anglorum, NationStates (26 Jan 2021) viewtopic.php?p=38259676#p38259676. That sounds like a terrible idea.

Author: 1 SC and 40 GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
Toxic villainous globalist kittehs
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley (EMW); OOC unless otherwise indicated
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Dastardly villain providing free services to the community sans remuneration

User avatar
Panemore
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 188
Founded: Jan 24, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Panemore » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:32 am

Imperium Anglorum wrote:
Panemore wrote:Would it be possible to propose a resolution that would sweep obesity rates under the carpet to benefit corporate entities? (i.e food chains, restaurants). Does this sound like a good idea in the first place?

Are you really proposing 'force all nations not to measure it so the problem is swept under the rug'? Imperium Anglorum, NationStates (26 Jan 2021) viewtopic.php?p=38259676#p38259676. That sounds like a terrible idea.

No, I am proposing food/drink companies to have more freedom from the government which would lead to the companies' ignorance against obesity. I apologize for my bad wording.

User avatar
Walfo
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 12
Founded: Dec 11, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

How to submit?

Postby Walfo » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:51 am

I have made a draft for a resolution but when the time comes, how do I submit it to the GA?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads