NATION

PASSWORD

General Assembly Q&A

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nagatar Karumuttu Chettiar
Envoy

Founded: Mar 17, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nagatar Karumuttu Chettiar » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:24 pm

Tinfect wrote:
Nagatar Karumuttu Chettiar wrote:Is there legislation against murder in the GA?

I really hope there is, but there is an amazing opportunity if there isn't.

Nope. Not remotely an international issue.

I find it to be kind of disgusting we don't legislation on it.

I am going to make a proposal out of it.
To Contact the Nagathar Delegate to the General Assembly Contact: Dhanvantari.Krishnan.CGAC@outlook.com
Author of GA #455
My RL Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCXzH27eOIA (Starting 1:48 at least)
Aspiring Issue Author (6-times-failed)

Tinfect
Senator

Founded: Jul 04, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Tinfect » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:25 pm

Nagatar Karumuttu Chettiar wrote:I find it to be kind of disgusting we don't legislation on it.

There's... literally no reason to, but, good luck?
Raslin Seretis, Imperial Diplomatic Envoy, Male
Tolarn Feren, Civil Oversight Representative, Male
Jasot Rehlan, Military Oversight Representative, Female

Bisexual, Transgender (She/Her), Native-American, and Actual CommunistTM. This nation does not represent my actual political beliefs.

Imperium Central News Network: Fourth Fleet reports successful engagements against Aeravahn forces in the Exterior Territories | Contact lost with 3rd Legion, presumed destroyed | TCO - Desolate Star destroyed in raid by Aeravahn forces | Military Overseer addresses concerns of Aeravahn Incursion: "No immediate concerns" | Indomitable Bastard #283

My battery is low, and it is getting dark.

Nagatar Karumuttu Chettiar
Envoy

Founded: Mar 17, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nagatar Karumuttu Chettiar » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:23 pm

Tinfect wrote:
Nagatar Karumuttu Chettiar wrote:I find it to be kind of disgusting we don't legislation on it.

Thanks - nobody likes murder! :)
To Contact the Nagathar Delegate to the General Assembly Contact: Dhanvantari.Krishnan.CGAC@outlook.com
Author of GA #455
My RL Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCXzH27eOIA (Starting 1:48 at least)
Aspiring Issue Author (6-times-failed)

Araraukar
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:36 am

Nagatar Karumuttu Chettiar wrote:
Tinfect wrote:There's... literally no reason to, but, good luck?

The issue is that since all reasonable nations would already have criminalized murder, there's no need to make an international law that says the same. So it's not really an international issue.
"I've come to appreciate boring bureaucracy much more after my official execution..." - Johan Milkus, acting ambassador in the absence of miss Leveret
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.

Falcania
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 25, 2004
Capitalizt

Postby Falcania » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:12 am

Nagatar Karumuttu Chettiar wrote:
Tinfect wrote:

Define "murder".
II & Sports: The Free Kingdom of Falcania, Jayla, New Nestia, and Realms Otherwise Beneath the Skies

World Assembly: Ser Jeine Wilhelmsen on behalf of Queen Falcon IV, representing the Free Kingdom and the ancient and great region of Atlantian Oceania

Araraukar
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:39 pm

Falcania wrote:Define "murder".

Leave that for their actual thread.
"I've come to appreciate boring bureaucracy much more after my official execution..." - Johan Milkus, acting ambassador in the absence of miss Leveret
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.

Dykez
Civilian

Founded: Feb 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Dykez » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:06 pm

Hi,

I was recently appointed as the World Assembly Delegate for my region, though I'm quite new to NationStates and especially new to the World Assembly and being the delegate for my entire region. What should I do/know to get started, and is there any reading someone could suggest on this topic?

Thanks greatly.

Falcania
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 25, 2004
Capitalizt

Postby Falcania » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:07 am

Dykez wrote:Hi,

I was recently appointed as the World Assembly Delegate for my region, though I'm quite new to NationStates and especially new to the World Assembly and being the delegate for my entire region. What should I do/know to get started, and is there any reading someone could suggest on this topic?

Thanks greatly.

Welcome to the fun world of delegacy! There are now two extra ways you can influence the World Assembly.

Firstly, proposals. Every WA member may submit a proposal. The proposals must be approved by 6% of regional delegates, which at time of posting is 78 of 1,299. You are now one of that 1,299 and have the opportunity to approve proposals before they reach the voting floor.

Secondly, when proposals do reach the voting floor, a delegate gets one vote, plus one vote for each endorsement they have. Nine nations in my region have endorsed me, so my vote in the World Assembly counts as 10 votes.
II & Sports: The Free Kingdom of Falcania, Jayla, New Nestia, and Realms Otherwise Beneath the Skies

World Assembly: Ser Jeine Wilhelmsen on behalf of Queen Falcon IV, representing the Free Kingdom and the ancient and great region of Atlantian Oceania

Bears Armed
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:46 am

Falcania wrote:The proposals must be approved by 6% of regional delegates, which at time of posting is 78 of 1,299. You are now one of that 1,299 and have the opportunity to approve proposals before they reach the voting floor.
Please not, however, that many of the proposals submitted are actually 'illegal' under the GA's rules and precedents, so it might be a good idea for you to read the proposal-writing rules (which are in another sticky in this forum) before deciding which proposals to approve...
Last edited by Bears Armed on Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Confederated Clans of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Our population is approximately 20 million. We do have a national government, although its role is strictly limited. Economy = thriving. Those aren't "biker gangs", they're our traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies'... and are generally respected, not feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly