NATION

PASSWORD

General Assembly Q&A

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Rhenish League
Secretary

Founded: Sep 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rhenish League » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:36 pm

Separatist Peoples wrote:
Saranidia wrote:Consensual only means OOC consensual though right?

No. WA resolutions are IC. So the requirement is IC.

The Rhenish League wrote:Yes. Nations agree in an OOC manner on whether or not to war each other IC - it isn't really different if within or outside the WA.

That was the intent, but it doesn't square with the IC nature of WA resolutions.

Okay, we might have misunderstood each other - of course, WA resolutions are IC, and so are all requirements to comply with them. I just (mis?)interpreted the question whether war declarations are consensual depending on WA Membership.

Saranidia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saranidia » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:03 am

The Rhenish League wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:No. WA resolutions are IC. So the requirement is IC.

That was the intent, but it doesn't square with the IC nature of WA resolutions.

Okay, we might have misunderstood each other - of course, WA resolutions are IC, and so are all requirements to comply with them. I just (mis?)interpreted the question whether war declarations are consensual depending on WA Membership.

So someone role plays agreeeing to have their country invaded?or is it just that they agree to the RP oocly?
Mostly represents my views but what I think a Middle Eastern nation should do which will be sometimes different to what I think a western nation should do(because the people have different needs in different places)

Vote Lisa Nandy

Copy this into your sig if you know sex and gender are different and did not fail biology.

RIP grandpa kitchen

Sargon Reman
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Sargon Reman » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:00 pm

Hello I had a question regarding Co authorship.
In this resolution:

https://www.nationstates.net/page=WA_pa ... /council=1

Charlotte Ryberg is listed as having "Edited" the resolution. Does this mean they were co author since they had some hand in the resolution?

I was just wanting to know because I was considering mentioning it in a SC Resolution.
Since its a GA resolution in question I thought I would ask here.

Thank you
Author of SC Resolution #265, #281...and #288.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:29 pm

Sargon Reman wrote:Hello I had a question regarding Co authorship.
In this resolution:

https://www.nationstates.net/page=WA_pa ... /council=1

Charlotte Ryberg is listed as having "Edited" the resolution. Does this mean they were co author since they had some hand in the resolution?

I was just wanting to know because I was considering mentioning it in a SC Resolution.
Since its a GA resolution in question I thought I would ask here.

Thank you

Yes, that counts as a Co-Author credit. Its a little more standardized now, as things often become over time.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Liberimery
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Liberimery » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:56 am

Saranidia wrote:Consensual only means OOC consensual though right?

No. WA resolutions are IC. So the requirement is IC.

The Rhenish League wrote:Yes. Nations agree in an OOC manner on whether or not to war each other IC - it isn't really different if within or outside the WA.

Could we make the IC ruling that Belligerent Actions with any nation by a member state may not occur without a formal Declaration of War made either in a public setting or given directly to a government's head of government, head of state, or the heads of foreign and defense ministries or equivalent branches of that tasking. Basically no Pearl Harbors.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:00 am

Liberimery wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:No. WA resolutions are IC. So the requirement is IC.

Could we make the IC ruling that Belligerent Actions with any nation by a member state may not occur without a formal Declaration of War made either in a public setting or given directly to a government's head of government, head of state, or the heads of foreign and defense ministries or equivalent branches of that tasking. Basically no Pearl Harbors.

GenSec doesn't issue In Character rulings. That isn't how it works.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!

Saranidia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saranidia » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:50 pm

Are racist and Islamaphobic wars illegal?
Mostly represents my views but what I think a Middle Eastern nation should do which will be sometimes different to what I think a western nation should do(because the people have different needs in different places)

Vote Lisa Nandy

Copy this into your sig if you know sex and gender are different and did not fail biology.

RIP grandpa kitchen

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:30 pm

Saranidia wrote:Are racist and Islamaphobic wars illegal?

No. There are no laws regarding causes of war.

Saranidia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saranidia » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:32 pm

Saranidia wrote:Are racist and Islamaphobic wars illegal?

No. There are no laws regarding causes of war.

But wouldn’t it come under laws about discrimination generally?

Vote Lisa Nandy

RIP grandpa kitchen

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:21 pm

Saranidia wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:No. There are no laws regarding causes of war.

But wouldn’t it come under laws about discrimination generally?

No. They would not.

Saranidia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saranidia » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:08 pm

Saranidia wrote:But wouldn’t it come under laws about discrimination generally?

No. They would not.

How would they not?

Vote Lisa Nandy

RIP grandpa kitchen

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:12 pm

Saranidia wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:No. They would not.

How would they not?

Because there are no laws governing causes of war, and cause for waging a war doesn't inherently rise to the level of discrimination. Actions taken in promulgating that war may, but declaring a war for religious rationale doesn't itself violate GAR#35.

Saranidia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saranidia » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:15 pm

Saranidia wrote:How would they not?

Because there are no laws governing causes of war, and cause for waging a war doesn't inherently rise to the level of discrimination. Actions taken in promulgating that war may, but declaring a war for religious rationale doesn't itself violate GAR#35.

What does constitute discrimination then?

Vote Lisa Nandy

RIP grandpa kitchen

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:22 pm

Saranidia wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:Because there are no laws governing causes of war, and cause for waging a war doesn't inherently rise to the level of discrimination. Actions taken in promulgating that war may, but declaring a war for religious rationale doesn't itself violate GAR#35.

What does constitute discrimination then?

You should search through the Passed Resolutions to find out. Pay extra close attention to GAR#35, which I noted explicitly in the post you quoted.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:56 am

And also GA #38.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006

Postby Farnhamia » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:38 am

Eskeyodo wrote:sup broo im here to win anyon got the new call of duty lol :mad:

BumpyLand wrote:yall neegas scared fr now huh? 8)

*** Warned for spam, both of you, here and elsewhere in the thread. ***
Last edited by Farnhamia on Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

The Red Coat Militia
Civilian

Founded: Oct 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Red Coat Militia » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:17 am

Farnhamia wrote:
Eskeyodo wrote:sup broo im here to win anyon got the new call of duty lol :mad:

BumpyLand wrote:yall neegas scared fr now huh? 8)

Wah wah wah shut up fuqin nerd waddup bumpy and Eskeyodo! :rofl:

Audioslavia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Audioslavia » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:51 pm

The Red Coat Militia wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:

Wah wah wah shut up fuqin nerd waddup bumpy and Eskeyodo! :rofl:

Hi.

Here's a *** one-day ban ***. It applies to all of your nations.

Sort yourself out.
Last edited by Audioslavia on Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This Is Not A Puppet
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Proposals

Postby This Is Not A Puppet » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:24 pm

Is it possible for someone to translate the WA proposals into English for me? It might just be me but WA proposals seem increasingly dense and full of legalese. I have trouble understanding what they are actually saying.

See WA Resolution
https://www.nationstates.net/page=ga
Sweet Caroline dun Dun dun

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:26 pm

This Is Not A Puppet wrote:Is it possible for someone to translate the WA proposals into English for me? It might just be me but WA proposals seem increasingly dense and full of legalese. I have trouble understanding what they are actually saying.

See WA Resolution

Try Google Translate.

This Is Not A Puppet
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby This Is Not A Puppet » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:32 pm

This Is Not A Puppet wrote:Is it possible for someone to translate the WA proposals into English for me? It might just be me but WA proposals seem increasingly dense and full of legalese. I have trouble understanding what they are actually saying.

See WA Resolution

Try Google Translate.

Very funny, I don't think they offer to translate legalese
Sweet Caroline dun Dun dun

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:44 pm

This Is Not A Puppet wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:Try Google Translate.

Learn legalese?

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:53 pm

This Is Not A Puppet wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:Try Google Translate.

Translating legalese? Have you tried checking to see if you've installed the SLIS formula into xkoranate?
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Danubian Peoples
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 21, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Danubian Peoples » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:35 am

Are you allowed to write a proposal and have another nation submit it on your behalf? I'm asking because I don't wanna join the WA for security reasons (it requires my email y'know), but at the same time I want to write proposals.
NS stats are not used.
This nation does not reflect my IRL views on anything.
Sorry for any mistakes I make with regards to history while roleplaying in historical RPs. Also I am not a qualified historian or academic. None of the make-believe I do is likely to stand up to academic scrutiny.

Valdez Islands is my puppet.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:27 am

Danubian Peoples wrote:Are you allowed to write a proposal and have another nation submit it on your behalf?

Yes.
(For one precedent, see GA resolution #20 which has its actual Author -- rather than just a Co-Author -- named at its foot.)
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly