NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] global naval disarmament REVISED

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

MineLegotia and Equestria
Envoy

Founded: Jul 22, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby MineLegotia and Equestria » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:28 am

Separatist Peoples wrote:
MineLegotia and Equestria wrote:

"Fuck, how many resolutions did my nation break already, because we can add GAR#2 to the list, also, we can still transfer it to a non-member state, legally not under our control, and pay them to do the job!"

"You want to transfer your navy to a foreign power who obeys you out of...what, the goodness of their own hearts? They can almost certainly sell your navy for more than you pay them. Ambassador, that is the dumbest suggestion to evade compliance I have heard in years."

"[airquotes]Legally[/airquotes] not under our control, who said anything about not giving it to a new nation you created in the leader's office and appointing your current leader, leader of that nation, and transferring the navy to it?"
Recent News: Imperial Regent strengthens Anti-Corruption Offices after Scandal | Minister of FA found after Ministry Blackout; Cults Blamed | 'Caplanbourgh surrender not in sight' says Minister of Defense | Parliament to pass 3843/383/23/04/2389

A nation of various species, who are mostly bureaucrats, traversing the multiverse in the name of harmony and colonialism. Not the worst nor best type of civilisation you'd want to meet.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:30 am

Separatist Peoples wrote:"You want to transfer your navy to a foreign power who obeys you out of...what, the goodness of their own hearts? They can almost certainly sell your navy for more than you pay them. Ambassador, that is the dumbest suggestion to evade compliance I have heard in years."

"[airquotes]Legally[/airquotes] not under our control, who said anything about not giving it to a new nation you created in the leader's office and appointing your current leader, leader of that nation, and transferring the navy to it?"

"There is no good faith way that would not constructively constitute an extension of a member's jurisdiction, ambassador. Are you familiar with the concept of good faith?"

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Envoy

Postby MineLegotia and Equestria » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:32 am

"There is no good faith way that would not constructively constitute an extension of a member's jurisdiction, ambassador. Are you familiar with the concept of good faith?"

"Top 5% Corruption Sir, there is no concept of good faith from where I'm from, but a shit ton of money,"
Recent News: Imperial Regent strengthens Anti-Corruption Offices after Scandal | Minister of FA found after Ministry Blackout; Cults Blamed | 'Caplanbourgh surrender not in sight' says Minister of Defense | Parliament to pass 3843/383/23/04/2389

A nation of various species, who are mostly bureaucrats, traversing the multiverse in the name of harmony and colonialism. Not the worst nor best type of civilisation you'd want to meet.

Yohannes
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Re: global naval disarmament REVISED

Postby Yohannes » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:34 am

"The Commonwealth Navy will oppose this bill."
The Pink Diary | Financial Diary | Embassy Exchange | Main Characters
The Archbishop and His Mission | Adrian Goldwert’s Yohannesian Peace | ISEC | Retired Storytelling Account
Currency | HASF Materials | Bank of Yohannes | SC Resolution # 237 | #teamnana | Posts | Views
Retired II RP Mentor | Yohannes’ [ National Flag ] | Commended WA Nation
♚ Moving to a new nation not because I "wish to move on from past events," but because I'm bored writing about a fictional large nation on NS. Can online personalities with too much time on their hands stop spreading unfounded rumours about this online boy?? XOXO ♚

Hiram Land
Ambassador

Founded: May 10, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Hiram Land » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:36 am

Yohannes wrote:"The Commonwealth Navy will oppose this bill."

"And the Army?"
Слава Україні!
#KyrusiaSoTrue
he/him
uwu
National Information
Unidas et Hyramalunde
Nationbuilder
Old Dispatches

Alternate: Hiramia-Omfew
_____ Hiram Land _____
Hyramas or Bust!
Thank you to Nanako Island for providing help for the signature.

Proud UFN member
RIP UNoE and UoJ

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:36 am

Separatist Peoples wrote:"There is no good faith way that would not constructively constitute an extension of a member's jurisdiction, ambassador. Are you familiar with the concept of good faith?"

"Top 5% Corruption Sir, there is no concept of good faith from where I'm from, but a shit ton of money,"

"Not for long if you find yourself out of compliance. The Compliance Commission will fine your nation outrageously and increasingly until you comply. Failure to pay will require all member states employ the strictest embargoes and sanctions available."

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!

Envoy

Postby MineLegotia and Equestria » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:37 am

Hiram Land wrote:
Yohannes wrote:"The Commonwealth Navy will oppose this bill."

"And the Army?"

Sarcastically, the ambassador speaks, "They support it, they dislike the navy a lot,"
Last edited by MineLegotia and Equestria on Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Newark Aristocracy
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Newark Aristocracy » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:37 am

"TO HELL WITH IT,WE BE GOIN TO WAR!"-ambassdor of the Newark Aristocracy,aprox 1 second before shooting Komere's ambassador in the legs with a hidden 9mm.

Hiram Land
Ambassador

Postby Hiram Land » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:38 am

Hiram Land wrote:"And the Army?"

Sarcastically, the ambassador speaks, "They oppose it, they dislike the navy a lot,"

"Yeah, I suppose the Air Force is clapping with you tonight with that statement!"
Last edited by Hiram Land on Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Слава Україні!
#KyrusiaSoTrue
he/him
uwu
National Information
Unidas et Hyramalunde
Nationbuilder
Old Dispatches

_____ Hiram Land _____
Hyramas or Bust!

Proud UFN member
RIP UNoE and UoJ

Komere
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Komere » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:40 am

i understand that disarmament is not the way to go but arming our navy's to the teeth so to say i instead propose that military spending in all member nations is increased by 20%

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:40 am

Newark Aristocracy wrote:"TO HELL WITH IT,WE BE GOIN TO WAR!"-ambassdor of the Newark Aristocracy,aprox 1 second before shooting Komere's ambassador in the legs with a hidden 9mm.

Ooc: physical violence against other ambassadors is godmodding. Only the player can cause harm to their ambassadors.

Hiram Land
Ambassador

Postby Hiram Land » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:41 am

Komere wrote:i understand that disarmament is not the way to go but arming our navy's to the teeth so to say i instead propose that military spending in all member nations is increased by 20%

You can't control how much we spend and on what. That is where nation's themselves decide.
Слава Україні!
#KyrusiaSoTrue
he/him
uwu
National Information
Unidas et Hyramalunde
Nationbuilder
Old Dispatches

_____ Hiram Land _____
Hyramas or Bust!

Proud UFN member
RIP UNoE and UoJ

Newark Aristocracy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Newark Aristocracy » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:42 am

ok.

Envoy

Postby MineLegotia and Equestria » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:43 am

"Not for long if you find yourself out of compliance. The Compliance Commission will fine your nation outrageously and increasingly until you comply. Failure to pay will require all member states employ the strictest embargoes and sanctions available."

"How much exactly is this fine?"

Edit: I think we're slowly threadjacking. We better stop this
Last edited by MineLegotia and Equestria on Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:45 am

Hiram Land wrote:
Komere wrote:i understand that disarmament is not the way to go but arming our navy's to the teeth so to say i instead propose that military spending in all member nations is increased by 20%

You can't control how much we spend and on what. That is where nation's themselves decide.

Ooc: now is a good time to read the GA rules.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:46 am

Separatist Peoples wrote:"Not for long if you find yourself out of compliance. The Compliance Commission will fine your nation outrageously and increasingly until you comply. Failure to pay will require all member states employ the strictest embargoes and sanctions available."

"How much exactly is this fine?"

Edit: I think we're slowly threadjacking. We better stop this

"An amount high enough to coerce compliance."
Last edited by Separatist Peoples on Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hiram Land
Ambassador

Postby Hiram Land » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:47 am

Hiram Land wrote:You can't control how much we spend and on what. That is where nation's themselves decide.

Ooc: now is a good time to read the GA rules.

OOC: Yeah, I haven't been to this side of the forum in... ever so I'm dumb when it comes to WA regulations lol, yeah i'll read
Слава Україні!
#KyrusiaSoTrue
he/him
uwu
National Information
Unidas et Hyramalunde
Nationbuilder
Old Dispatches

_____ Hiram Land _____
Hyramas or Bust!

Proud UFN member
RIP UNoE and UoJ

Komere
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Komere » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:48 am

as i have said i understand that disarmament is not the correct action to take and i will not attempt to push this bill at all instead i will increase my military budget by 50%
Last edited by Komere on Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Newark Aristocracy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Newark Aristocracy » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:49 am

My WA ambassador would run out of the buliding right as police arrived to secure the site of the shooting of Komere's ambassador.

Envoy

Postby MineLegotia and Equestria » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:50 am

Komere wrote:as i have said i understand that disarmament is not the correct action to take and i will not attempt to push this bill at all instead i will increase my military budget by 50%

"So you're dropping the proposal?"

Hiram Land
Ambassador

Postby Hiram Land » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:51 am

Komere wrote:as i have said i understand that disarmament is not the correct action to take and i will not attempt to push this bill at all instead i will increase my military budget by 50%

I think this proposal is dropped.
Слава Україні!
#KyrusiaSoTrue
he/him
uwu
National Information
Unidas et Hyramalunde
Nationbuilder
Old Dispatches

_____ Hiram Land _____
Hyramas or Bust!

Proud UFN member
RIP UNoE and UoJ

Komere
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Komere » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:51 am

it is indeed

Hiram Land
Ambassador

Postby Hiram Land » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:56 am

Calling it, the global naval disarmament REVISED bill is declared dead at 10:54 hours, dead on the scene at the General Assembly forums at NationStates LLC by unofficial coroner Hiram Land. Cause of death is the bill being vague and contradictory along with a dose of criticism.
Слава Україні!
#KyrusiaSoTrue
he/him
uwu
National Information
Unidas et Hyramalunde
Nationbuilder
Old Dispatches

_____ Hiram Land _____
Hyramas or Bust!

Proud UFN member
RIP UNoE and UoJ

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:06 am

Hiram Land wrote:Calling it, the global naval disarmament REVISED bill is declared dead at 10:54 hours, dead on the scene at the General Assembly forums at NationStates LLC by unofficial coroner Hiram Land. Cause of death is the bill being vague and contradictory along with a dose of criticism.

OOC: Cut it out. This is not helpful, and I am not convinced your own efforts would be much less gauge and contradictory. Glass houses and throwing stones and all that.

Hiram Land
Ambassador

Postby Hiram Land » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:18 am

Hiram Land wrote:Calling it, the global naval disarmament REVISED bill is declared dead at 10:54 hours, dead on the scene at the General Assembly forums at NationStates LLC by unofficial coroner Hiram Land. Cause of death is the bill being vague and contradictory along with a dose of criticism.

OOC: Cut it out. This is not helpful, and I am not convinced your own efforts would be much less gauge and contradictory. Glass houses and throwing stones and all that.

OOC: My bad.
Слава Україні!
#KyrusiaSoTrue
he/him
uwu
National Information
Unidas et Hyramalunde
Nationbuilder
Old Dispatches

_____ Hiram Land _____
Hyramas or Bust!

Proud UFN member
RIP UNoE and UoJ

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly