NATION

PASSWORD

[Draft] WA Ban On The Killing Of Innocent Civilians Act

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Tezikstan
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 17, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

[Draft] WA Ban On The Killing Of Innocent Civilians Act

Postby Tezikstan » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:39 pm

Draft 1
WA Ban On The Killing Of Innocent Civilians Act

Category: Civil Rights
Strength: Strong
Purposer: Tezikstan

The world assembly,

A resolution to keep innocent people safe

The purpose of this act is to create a uniform idea that killing innocent people should not be tolerated within World Assembly member states and should not be practiced or used by governments.

Surprised no act has banned the outright killing of innocent civilians.

Recognizing that the murder of innocents is morally evil.

Seeks to establish an organization to keep watch of governments and that makes sure nations are following the articles of this act.

Seeks an act that protects the lives of the common people from being killed by governments for no reason.

1. This articles definition of an innocent person is a person who has not committed a crime or has already been punished for their crimes

2. This articles definition for banning nations from killing innocent civilians is as any government member using their governmental powers to kill an innocent person in their nation.

Article I the effects of the act.
(a) This act bans nations from murdering people in their nations that have not committed any crimes or have already been punished for their crimes.
(b) This act sets up the General Assembly organization, The Governmental Watch Organization (GWO).
(c) The (GWO) will be made up of people and not nations
(d) This Act also sets up the Governmental watch committee (GWC) which will be in charge of the (GWO).
(e) The (GWC) will appoint every (GWO) member.
(f) The (GWC) will be made of 10 nations.
(g) All (GWC) decisions will be done with a vote. A tie will always keep the status quo.
(h) The (GWO)s duty is to make sure that governments are following the clauses in this act.
(i) Any innocent people that were killed wrongly by any nation's government in the last 50 years shall have their family compensated by the government.
(j) Any people who the government wrongfully killed while this act is in effect will compensate the family like in article I clause (i)
(k) The amount of compensation for the families in clauses (i) or (j) will be decided by the (GWO).
(l) The (GWC) has the authority to punish nations who break Article I clause (j) and can decide the financial punishment.
(m)Nations should have an office or building for (GWO) members to work within their nation.
(n) 1 (GWO) member will be in a nation for every 5 million people and have a minimum of two members (i.e a country of 5 million will still have 2 members)
(o) The (GWC) can give special investigative powers to (GWO) members in a specific nation if the (GWC) feels that the nation is secretly killing people.
(p) (GWO) members can request the powers from article I clause (o) if they feel secret government killings are happening and the request can be denied or accepted by the (GWC)
(q) The (GWC) will decide the investigative powers (GWO) members get on a case
per case basis if they were requested or given to (GWO) members.
(r) Member states can give (GWO) investigative rights in their own nation.
(s) Member states can request the (GWC) to give them more (GWO) members to be in their country. The (GWC) can accept or deny this request
Article II What the act doesn't do for clarification.
(a) Ban capital punishment.
(b) Restrict nations from using capital punishments for crimes.
(c) Discourage or encourage the use of capital punishment.
(d) It does not restrict the government's police force from killing people who are
committing crimes.
(e) The (GWO) and (GWC) do not have more power to enforce this act or laws in the act unless given more by future acts.

OOC: This is my first attempt at an Act in NationStates. Constructive criticism and any recommendation is welcomed. I would also welcome anyone who tells me about any rules broken or if an act like this has already happened. I did not see an act for something like this though. Any grammar or spelling error fixes that are recommended are also appreciated.]

Draft 2
WA Ban On The Killing Of Innocent Civilians Act

Category: Civil Rights
Strength: Strong
Purposer: Tezikstan

The world assembly,

A resolution to keep innocent people safe

The purpose of this act is to create a uniform idea that killing innocent people should not be tolerated within World Assembly member states and should not be practiced or used by governments.

Surprised no act has banned the outright killing of innocent civilians.

Recognizing that the murder of innocents is morally evil.

Seeks to establish an organization to keep watch of governments and that makes sure they are following the articles of this act.

Seeks an act that protects the lives of the common people from being killed by governments for no reason.

1. This articles definition of an innocent person is a person who has not committed a crime or has already been punished for their crimes.

2. This articles definition for banning nations from killing innocent civilians is as any government member using their governmental powers to kill an innocent person in a nation.
Article I the effects of the act.
(a) This act bans nations from murdering people in their nations that have not
committed any crimes or have already been punished for their crimes.
(b) This act sets up the General Assembly organization, The Governmental Watch
Organization (GWO).
(c) The (GWO) will be made up of people and not nations
(d) This Act also sets up the Governmental watch committee (GWC) which will be in charge of the (GWO).
(e) The (GWC) will appoint every (GWO) member.
(f) All (GWC) decisions will be done with a vote. A tie will always keep the status quo.
(g) The (GWO)s duty is to make sure that governments are following the clauses in this act.
(h) Any innocent people that were killed wrongly by any nation's government in the last 50 years shall have their family compensated by the government.
(i) Any people who the government wrongfully killed while this act is in effect will compensate the family like in article I clause (h).
(j) The amount of compensation for the families in clauses (h) or (i) will be decided by the (GWO).
(k) The (GWC) has the authority to punish nations who break Article I clause (i) and can decide the financial punishment.
(l) Nations should have an office or building for (GWO) members to work within their nation.
(m) 1 (GWO) member will be in a nation for every 5 million people and have a minimum of two members (i.e a country of 5 million will still have 2 members)
(n) The (GWC) can give special investigative powers to (GWO) members in a specific country if the (GWC) feels that the country is secretly killing people.
(o) (GWO) members can request the powers from article I clause (n) if they feel secret government killings are happening and the request can be denied or
accepted by the (GWC).
(p) The (GWC) will decide the investigative powers (GWO) members get on a case per case basis if they were requested or given to (GWO) members.
(q) Member states can give (GWO) investigative rights in their own nation.
(r) Member states can request the (GWC) to give them more (GWO) members to be in their country. The (GWC) can accept or deny this request.
Article II What the act doesn't do for clarification.
(a) Ban capital punishment.
(b) Restrict nations from using capital punishments for crimes.
(c) Discourage or encourage the use of capital punishment.
(d) It does not restrict the government's police force from killing people who are committing crimes.
(e) The (GWO) and (GWC) do not have more power to enforce this act or laws in the act unless given more by future acts.

OOC: fixed some punctuation and got rid of the illegal clause. I still want feedback on rules punctuation and grammar. I have read the rules but I might have still broken one. Thank you for reading this post. Sorry I can't figure out spoiler boxes for drafts, any advice is welcomed.
Last edited by Tezikstan on Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:45 pm

Tezikstan wrote:(f) The (GWC) will be made of 10 nations.

Illegal for defining committee membership. Read the rules, will you?
Last edited by Tinhampton on Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Tezikstan
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 17, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Tezikstan » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:53 pm

Tinhampton wrote:
Tezikstan wrote:(f) The (GWC) will be made of 10 nations.

Illegal for defining committee membership. Read the rules, will you?

Thanks I thought it was just term limits, and who assigns them. Thanks for telling me.

Return to General Assembly