NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Repeal Convention On Freshwater Shortages

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cretox State
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Cretox State » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:28 am

"Given that the author has failed to directly reference their proposed replacement(s) in their opening address, we have decided to do it for them:"
Edit: "We would support this promising effort, were it not for the fact that the proposed repeal and both potential replacements have some ways to go before they supersede the target resolution."
Last edited by Cretox State on Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
GA/SC/Issues author. Public Servant. Killer of Stats. Thought Leader. Influencer. P20 Laureate. Delegate Emeritus of thousands of regions.

Nagatar Karumuttu Chettiar
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Nagatar Karumuttu Chettiar » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:32 am

Kenmoria wrote:
Honeydewistania wrote:"You'll find the replacement in the OP, however it is an early draft. Anyways, the arguments presented are not very strong at all and do not warrant a repeal."

“Precisely, there is a replacement currently being drafted, but it doesn’t seem finished and therefore isn’t at the same level as the target resolution. I could potentially support a repeal, but not without a replacement of superior quality to the original.”

“Ambassadors, it may be worth noting that the replacement you are referring to is one of two in a set. The other one in the set being completely and fully drafted. Additionally, I feel the optionality of the target resolution, particularly clause 2, is severely detrimental to the outcomes it wishes to deliver. I hope you can offer good advice on the one in newer drafting, however, as we agree both the repeal and secondary replacement are in the newer stages of development and needs work done on it’s wording and specificity.”
Author of GA #455
Favourite Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9iYAsoX5t8
Aspiring Issue Author (6-times-failed)
Ban Abortion!

"A person's a person, no matter how small."

Choose love over death!

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:42 am

Nagatar Karumuttu Chettiar wrote:
Kenmoria wrote:“Precisely, there is a replacement currently being drafted, but it doesn’t seem finished and therefore isn’t at the same level as the target resolution. I could potentially support a repeal, but not without a replacement of superior quality to the original.”

“Ambassadors, it may be worth noting that the replacement you are referring to is one of two in a set. The other one in the set being completely and fully drafted. Additionally, I feel the optionality of the target resolution, particularly clause 2, is severely detrimental to the outcomes it wishes to deliver. I hope you can offer good advice on the one in newer drafting, however, as we agree both the repeal and secondary replacement are in the newer stages of development and needs work done on it’s wording and specificity.”

"Try and consider some of the comments I made in my previous post(s), and maybe I can see what needs to be done."
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:32 pm

Nagatar Karumuttu Chettiar wrote:is severely detrimental to the outcomes it wishes to deliver

OOC: To be fair, so is that part of your sentence. I know you're roleplaying, but unless your ambassador is a walking dictionary/robotic, try using more relaxed language when speaking as them. The proposal can be Legalese all the way, but real people don't really say things like you just did. Only some RP advice, don't worry too much. :)

IC: "Like many others have said, until there is a replacement that neither copies from the target, nor contains any of the issues you're trying to highlight, and does what the target does, only better, there's no point, really, to argue the repeal much, as practically all support depends on the merits of the replacement."
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Bananaistan
Senator

Founded: Apr 20, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bananaistan » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:43 am

"Opposed. The proposing delegation represents a nation which refuses to comply in good faith with mandates of this assembly and wishes to pick and choose which mandates of World Assembly law they apply. We will not facilitate the assembly and its members being treated in such contempt."
Delegation of the People's Republic of Bananaistan to the World Assembly
Head of delegation and the Permanent Representative: Comrade Ambassador Theodorus "Ted" Hornwood
General Assistant and Head of Security: Comrade Watchman Brian of Tarth
There was the Pope and John F. Kennedy and Jack Charlton and the three of them were staring me in the face.
Ideological Bulwark #281
THIS

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:23 am

Bananaistan wrote:"Opposed. The proposing delegation represents a nation which refuses to comply in good faith with mandates of this assembly and wishes to pick and choose which mandates of World Assembly law they apply. We will not facilitate the assembly and its members being treated in such contempt."

"We has also noted that, however even if they were in compliance I cannot support either this or the replacements offered as they are inferior to the target"
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Previous

Return to General Assembly