NATION

PASSWORD

My New proposal I need help with putting together

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
User avatar
Empirical Switzerland
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1218
Founded: Feb 27, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

My New proposal I need help with putting together

Postby Empirical Switzerland » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:09 am

I am making a proposal but need more experienced users of this game.
It is to advance overall healthcare in the WA general assembly. This is it. Please tell me what to do to make it legal. As you can see I need help to make it longer and not illegal before proposal, please help.

"This document does provide healthcare more to a nations populous.
Upon being put into affect this makes healthcare more affordable or provided but not enforced."
News: Man "Yodels" himself to death, family distraught, Lord Bodie "hot as ever?!" claims newspaper, and News group claims, "Jesus loves YOU!"

Breaking News! Lord Bodie has begun dating the Grand Duchess of Cronica! He finally is taken! Back off ladies, there's a new Arch Duchess in town!

Pro Life, Small Government, Legal Immigrants, 2nd Amendment, Capitalism, Free Markets, and Equal Marriage
Abortion, Large Government, Socialism, Communism, Gun Control, Illegal Immigrants, Pro Choice, Joe Biden, Police Abolishment, and Fascism


Founder of GRAIL
Help me choose a New Flag!

User avatar
Albennia
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 476
Founded: Feb 16, 2018
Conservative Democracy

Postby Albennia » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:10 am

So how does it provide healthcare or make it more affordable
ALBENNISHREECH

neorevolutionary — communitarian — Northerner
remove the Norman yoke — my politics
like my posts? please 'down-vote' my factbooks

User avatar
Bears Armed
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 19235
Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Bears Armed » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:21 am

Rules: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=159348

Passed Resolutions (Searchable), almost up to date: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=30
Last edited by Bears Armed on Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confederated Clans of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Our population is approximately 20 million. We do have a national government, although its role is strictly limited. Economy = thriving. Those aren't "biker gangs", they're our traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies'... and are generally respected, not feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152.

User avatar
Empirical Switzerland
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1218
Founded: Feb 27, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Response

Postby Empirical Switzerland » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:00 pm

I know the rules, just I need help before proposing it. All I am trying to achieve is approve healthcare in all of our nations, so honestly just tell me what to add.
News: Man "Yodels" himself to death, family distraught, Lord Bodie "hot as ever?!" claims newspaper, and News group claims, "Jesus loves YOU!"

Breaking News! Lord Bodie has begun dating the Grand Duchess of Cronica! He finally is taken! Back off ladies, there's a new Arch Duchess in town!

Pro Life, Small Government, Legal Immigrants, 2nd Amendment, Capitalism, Free Markets, and Equal Marriage
Abortion, Large Government, Socialism, Communism, Gun Control, Illegal Immigrants, Pro Choice, Joe Biden, Police Abolishment, and Fascism


Founder of GRAIL
Help me choose a New Flag!

User avatar
Denathor
Diplomat
 
Posts: 604
Founded: Oct 22, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Denathor » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:10 pm

Welcome to the World Assembly!

Unfortunately, you can’t expect other nations to write a proposal for you; you have to do it yourself. Some things to consider are what exactly are you trying to legislate? Universal healthcare? Improved access to healthcare? How are you going to do it? It isn’t enough to say "I want to improve this." It doesn’t just magically happen. Perhaps look at real-life laws on a similar subject for ideas, but do not copy them word for word. Plagiarism will get your nation banned from the WA.

Good luck with your proposal.
Ambassador to the World Assembly: Sir Lucas Callahan
Deputy Ambassador to the World Assembly: Randal Atkinson
Undersecretary to the Ambassador: Thomas Morgan

User avatar
Araraukar
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15246
Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:07 pm

Empirical Switzerland wrote:I know the rules, just I need help before proposing it. All I am trying to achieve is approve healthcare in all of our nations, so honestly just tell me what to add.

OOC: First of all, you can't use WA resolutions to do anything for ALL nations, ONLY the WA member nations.

Secondly, WA nations are ALREADY required to provide affordable healthcare for their inhabitants. So what you appear to want to do, has already been done, and better.
- Linda Äyrämäki, acting ambassador in the absence of miss Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Coronavirus related. This too. And this. These are all jokes. This isn't. This is, again, but it's also the last one.

User avatar
Albennia
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 476
Founded: Feb 16, 2018
Conservative Democracy

Postby Albennia » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:42 pm

Araraukar wrote:
Empirical Switzerland wrote:I know the rules, just I need help before proposing it. All I am trying to achieve is approve healthcare in all of our nations, so honestly just tell me what to add.

OOC: First of all, you can't use WA resolutions to do anything for ALL nations, ONLY the WA member nations.

You'll find he was most likely addressing other WA members when saying "all of our nations", so perhaps you don't need to be so needlessly aggressive. Just a thought. :)
ALBENNISHREECH

neorevolutionary — communitarian — Northerner
remove the Norman yoke — my politics
like my posts? please 'down-vote' my factbooks

User avatar
Grays Harbor
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 18453
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:47 pm

Albennia wrote:
Araraukar wrote:OOC: First of all, you can't use WA resolutions to do anything for ALL nations, ONLY the WA member nations.

You'll find he was most likely addressing other WA members when saying "all of our nations", so perhaps you don't need to be so needlessly aggressive. Just a thought. :)

OOC: Ara was absolutely correct in pointing this out, and I saw no aggression, only pointing out a fact. Intent means nothing. What a proposal/resolution says is what it does, and saying “all” means all. So that is to be avoided, so I would think.
Curmudgeon, Bastard, Grumpy Old Man. And those are my good qualities.

Head of the Grays Harbor WA delegation: Sir Henry Rodut, OHE, GHC
3-2-1 lets jam

User avatar
Araraukar
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15246
Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:02 pm

Grays Harbor wrote:
Albennia wrote:You'll find he was most likely addressing other WA members when saying "all of our nations", so perhaps you don't need to be so needlessly aggressive. Just a thought. :)

OOC: Ara was absolutely correct in pointing this out, and I saw no aggression, only pointing out a fact. Intent means nothing. What a proposal/resolution says is what it does, and saying “all” means all. So that is to be avoided, so I would think.

OOC: Also, given the author doesn't seem to know the difference between OOC and IC, them using "our nations" to me sounded like referring to the nations of NS players. Many people, me included, have more than one nation, and can only have one in the WA (OOCly) at a time. So even if he was only addressing GAers, or even just those of us who were commenting on this thread, he would still be trying to affect non-WA nations (at least 3 of mine).

Also, like GH said, it's not aggression to point out facts. I used capital letters for emphasis because I was at the time on a mobile device and writing code on that is a pain.
- Linda Äyrämäki, acting ambassador in the absence of miss Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Coronavirus related. This too. And this. These are all jokes. This isn't. This is, again, but it's also the last one.

User avatar
Albennia
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 476
Founded: Feb 16, 2018
Conservative Democracy

Postby Albennia » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:35 pm

Araraukar wrote:Also, like GH said, it's not aggression to point out facts. I used capital letters for emphasis because I was at the time on a mobile device and writing code on that is a pain.

The fact GA regulars constantly use such a tone when dealing with anyone they deem unworthy of their time (and with other GA regulars they happen to disagree with) and for some reason have an absolutely amazing retention rate of new players shows otherwise as to it being needlessly aggressive.
ALBENNISHREECH

neorevolutionary — communitarian — Northerner
remove the Norman yoke — my politics
like my posts? please 'down-vote' my factbooks

User avatar
Wayneactia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1384
Founded: Aug 01, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Wayneactia » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:16 pm

Albennia wrote:
Araraukar wrote:Also, like GH said, it's not aggression to point out facts. I used capital letters for emphasis because I was at the time on a mobile device and writing code on that is a pain.

The fact GA regulars constantly use such a tone when dealing with anyone they deem unworthy of their time (and with other GA regulars they happen to disagree with) and for some reason have an absolutely amazing retention rate of new players shows otherwise as to it being needlessly aggressive.

Then avoid the GA forums if you find it that distasteful. No one is forcing you to participate here.

User avatar
The Sheika
Diplomat
 
Posts: 657
Founded: Jul 27, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Sheika » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:06 pm

Albennia wrote:The fact GA regulars constantly use such a tone when dealing with anyone they deem unworthy of their time (and with other GA regulars they happen to disagree with) and for some reason have an absolutely amazing retention rate of new players shows otherwise as to it being needlessly aggressive.

OOC: In a quite a few instances that I can recall (which is too many to name, but I can cite a couple of examples if you'd like) when newcomers were met with a mild yet direct approach their responses were aggressive. I don't mean "Oh yeah, sure, if you say so" I mean "No, it's not illegal!" or "Quit saying that it would require a change in code! If we want amendments we should just do it!". Now take those two examples, and make them a somewhat common interaction that a GA regular gets all because they tried to be helpful. Not fun. Doubly so if several members try to assist the newcomer, but said newcomer persists in completely ignoring sound advice based upon experience or knowing understanding the rules or every well both. Ergo, most responses you'll see from GA regulars tend to be direct and to the point. Can't really fault them for that.
Colonel Johnathan "Jack" Austin, Ambassador to the World Assembly
Department of International Affairs
Militaristic Federation of the Sheika
Regional Delegate of Absolution

User avatar
Empirical Switzerland
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1218
Founded: Feb 27, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Thanks

Postby Empirical Switzerland » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:25 am

Okay, wow! That's a lot more information than I thought, thanks for the feedback guys. You can stop now. Thanks alot.
News: Man "Yodels" himself to death, family distraught, Lord Bodie "hot as ever?!" claims newspaper, and News group claims, "Jesus loves YOU!"

Breaking News! Lord Bodie has begun dating the Grand Duchess of Cronica! He finally is taken! Back off ladies, there's a new Arch Duchess in town!

Pro Life, Small Government, Legal Immigrants, 2nd Amendment, Capitalism, Free Markets, and Equal Marriage
Abortion, Large Government, Socialism, Communism, Gun Control, Illegal Immigrants, Pro Choice, Joe Biden, Police Abolishment, and Fascism


Founder of GRAIL
Help me choose a New Flag!

User avatar
Araraukar
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15246
Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:05 pm

Wayneactia wrote:Then avoid the GA forums if you find it that distasteful. No one is forcing you to participate here.

OOC: They also should stay out of NSG, because those guys are actually actively aggressive, rather than just perceived that way... :p
- Linda Äyrämäki, acting ambassador in the absence of miss Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Coronavirus related. This too. And this. These are all jokes. This isn't. This is, again, but it's also the last one.

User avatar
Albennia
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 476
Founded: Feb 16, 2018
Conservative Democracy

Postby Albennia » Fri Mar 06, 2020 2:51 am

Wayneactia wrote:
Albennia wrote:The fact GA regulars constantly use such a tone when dealing with anyone they deem unworthy of their time (and with other GA regulars they happen to disagree with) and for some reason have an absolutely amazing retention rate of new players shows otherwise as to it being needlessly aggressive.

Then avoid the GA forums if you find it that distasteful. No one is forcing you to participate here.

"yeah, well, get out"

Araraukar wrote:
Wayneactia wrote:Then avoid the GA forums if you find it that distasteful. No one is forcing you to participate here.

OOC: They also should stay out of NSG, because those guys are actually actively aggressive, rather than just perceived that way... :p

NSGers are fun
ALBENNISHREECH

neorevolutionary — communitarian — Northerner
remove the Norman yoke — my politics
like my posts? please 'down-vote' my factbooks

User avatar
Araraukar
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15246
Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:01 pm

Albennia wrote:
Wayneactia wrote:Then avoid the GA forums if you find it that distasteful. No one is forcing you to participate here.

"yeah, well, get out"

OOC: Responding to OOC in IC (you need to learn the difference here) makes no sense and you don't get to tell people to go away either way.

NSGers are fun

I've been one of those too, so if you're fine with NSG, you've no leg to stand on complaining of imagined aggression on GA. Now, do you know the concept of threadjacking? And how we're not supposed to do it?
- Linda Äyrämäki, acting ambassador in the absence of miss Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Coronavirus related. This too. And this. These are all jokes. This isn't. This is, again, but it's also the last one.

User avatar
Albennia
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 476
Founded: Feb 16, 2018
Conservative Democracy

Postby Albennia » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:07 pm

Araraukar wrote:
Albennia wrote:"yeah, well, get out"

OOC: Responding to OOC in IC (you need to learn the difference here) makes no sense and you don't get to tell people to go away either way.

Surely it was obvious that I was reword-quoting them?

Araraukar wrote:
NSGers are fun

I've been one of those too, so if you're fine with NSG, you've no leg to stand on complaining of imagined aggression on GA. Now, do you know the concept of threadjacking? And how we're not supposed to do it?

You started talking about NSG, not me.
ALBENNISHREECH

neorevolutionary — communitarian — Northerner
remove the Norman yoke — my politics
like my posts? please 'down-vote' my factbooks

User avatar
Araraukar
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15246
Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:32 pm

Albennia wrote:Surely it was obvious that I was reword-quoting them?

OOC: By talking to thin air? Your character can't "see" players, only other characters. Plus Chester never told you to go away, just that if you think neutral language is aggressive, then you perhaps should not be here, because our characters can get actually aggressive in IC.

You started talking about NSG, not me.

And you started it all by complaining about imagined aggressiveness to begin with. Fortunately in this case there wasn't much to hijack, but in the future, if you think someone is being OOCly aggressive, report them in Moderation, rather than derail a thread like this. However, make sure to read Moderation's reporting guidelines first.

Also, this is an IC forum so in drafting threads, mark your OOC as OOC!
- Linda Äyrämäki, acting ambassador in the absence of miss Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Coronavirus related. This too. And this. These are all jokes. This isn't. This is, again, but it's also the last one.

User avatar
Empirical Switzerland
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1218
Founded: Feb 27, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Empirical Switzerland » Wed May 06, 2020 7:32 pm

I just looked back at this now, I was such a noob to this game back then, XD!!
News: Man "Yodels" himself to death, family distraught, Lord Bodie "hot as ever?!" claims newspaper, and News group claims, "Jesus loves YOU!"

Breaking News! Lord Bodie has begun dating the Grand Duchess of Cronica! He finally is taken! Back off ladies, there's a new Arch Duchess in town!

Pro Life, Small Government, Legal Immigrants, 2nd Amendment, Capitalism, Free Markets, and Equal Marriage
Abortion, Large Government, Socialism, Communism, Gun Control, Illegal Immigrants, Pro Choice, Joe Biden, Police Abolishment, and Fascism


Founder of GRAIL
Help me choose a New Flag!


Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads