NATION

PASSWORD

[Draft] Ensuring the Safety of Nuclear Power Stations

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Terttia
Envoy

Founded: Jul 28, 2019
Anarchy

[Draft] Ensuring the Safety of Nuclear Power Stations

Postby Terttia » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:40 pm

Draft 5:
Ensuring the Safety of Nuclear Power Stations

Category: Regulation | Area of Effect: Energy | Proposed by: Terttia

The World Assembly,

Realizing that many member nations use nuclear energy as a means of producing energy,

Aware that nuclear power stations discharge gargantuan amounts of energy,

Noting that some of those member nations use nuclear energy without much regulation and oversight, placing other member nations and the surrounding environment at risk,

Understanding that sometimes, government intervention is needed to protect individuals, other member nations, and the environment,

Hoping to change this situation for the betterment of member nations and the environment,

Hereby,

1. Defines, for the purposes of this resolution,

1. “nuclear energy” as the energy released through the nuclear fission or nuclear fusion of atoms,

2. “nuclear power station” as a power station that produces energy through the processes of using nuclear energy,

3. ”operator” as a legal entity that assumes all legal rights and responsibilities as the owner, either partially or wholly, of a nuclear power station, and

4. “nuclear research reactor” as a nuclear reactor that serves as a neutron source for the purposes of research or for any other purpose;

2. Tasks the Nuclear Energy Safety Commission (hereinafter “NESC”) with,

1. conducting research on the safe and proper planning, construction, operation, maintenance, and decommission of nuclear power stations,

2. creating regulations, based on the findings of the studies conducted by the NESC described by clause 2(a) of this resolution, pertaining to the safe and proper planning, construction, operation, maintenance, and decommission of nuclear power stations,

3. creating plans to bring current nuclear power stations in compliance with the regulations set by the NESC, described by clause 2(b) of this resolution, and

4. determining which nuclear power stations within member states have exceeded the safety regulations described by clause 2(b) of this resolution;

3. Exempts nuclear research reactors, defined by clause 1(d), and nuclear power stations that have exceeded the safety regulations of the NESC, described by clause 2(d) of this resolution, from the NESC’s regulations;

4. Declares that the NESC shall not mandate the planning, construction, or decommission of nuclear power stations, either explicitly or through its regulations;

5. Mandates that member nations, or any entity therein with legal authorization, planning, constructing, operating, maintaining, or decommissioning a nuclear power station comply with the regulations set by the NESC, described by clause 2(b) of this resolution. Any operator of a nuclear power station not in compliance with this clause shall be fined by the NESC.

OOC: I plan to submit in either late April or early May, unless an extension occurs.
Last edited by Terttia on Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:59 pm, edited 39 times in total.
“Never was anything great achieved without danger.” -Niccolò Machiavelli

Terttia
Envoy

Anarchy

Postby Terttia » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:41 pm

OOC: Outdated Drafts

The World Assembly,

Realizing that many member nations use nuclear energy as a means of producing electricity,

Aware that nuclear power stations discharge a massive amount of electricity,

Noting that some of those member nations use nuclear energy without much regulation and oversight, placing other member nations and the surrounding environment at risk,

Hoping to change this situation for the betterment of member nations and the environment,

Hereby,

1. Defines:

1. “nuclear energy” as the energy released through the nuclear fission or nuclear fusion of atoms, and

2. “nuclear power station” as a power station that produces electricity through the processes of using nuclear energy;

2. Considers that the operation of a nuclear power station includes the distribution of electricity to either itself or other entities;

3. Grants the right of member nations, and any entity authorized by the member nation, to construct, operate, maintain, and decommission nuclear power stations;

4. Tasks the Nuclear Energy Safety Commission (NESC) with:

1. conducting studies on the safe and proper construction, operation, maintenance, and decommission of nuclear power stations,

2. creating regulations, based on the findings of the studies described in clause 4(a) of this resolution, pertaining to the safe and proper construction, operation, maintenance, and decommission of nuclear power stations, and

3. creating plans to bring both current and future nuclear power stations in compliance with the regulations described in clause 4(b) of this resolution;
  5. Mandates that member nations, or any entity, and any employee thereof, authorized by that member nation, constructing, operating, maintaining, or decommissioning a nuclear power station comply with the regulations set by the NESC as described by clause 4(b) of this resolution.

The World Assembly,

Realizing that many member nations use nuclear energy as a means of producing electricity,

Aware that nuclear power stations discharge massive amounts of energy,

Hereby,

1. Defines:

1. “nuclear energy” as the energy released through the nuclear fission or nuclear fusion of atoms, and

2. “nuclear power station” as a power station that produces energy through the processes of using nuclear energy;

2. Clarifies that the operation of a nuclear power station includes the distribution of energy to either itself or other entities;

3. Grants the right of member nations, and any entity authorized by the member nation, to construct, operate, maintain, and decommission nuclear power stations within their own borders;

4. Tasks the Nuclear Energy Safety Commission (NESC) with:

1. conducting studies on the safe and proper construction, operation, maintenance, and decommission of nuclear power stations,

2. creating regulations, based on the findings of the studies described in clause 4(a) of this resolution, pertaining to the safe and proper construction, operation, maintenance, and decommission of nuclear power stations, and

3. creating plans to bring both current and future nuclear power stations in compliance with the regulations described in clause 4(b) of this resolution;
  5. Declares that the NESC shall not mandate the construction or decommission of nuclear power stations;

6. Mandates that member nations, or any entity, and any employee thereof, authorized by that member nation, constructing, operating, maintaining, or decommissioning a nuclear power station comply with the regulations set by the NESC as described by clause 4(b) of this resolution.

The World Assembly,

Realizing that many member nations use nuclear energy as a means of producing energy,

Hereby,

1. Defines:

2. “nuclear power station” as a power station that produces energy through the processes of using nuclear energy;

2. Tasks the Nuclear Energy Safety Commission (NESC) with:

2. creating regulations, based on the findings of the studies described in clause 2(a) of this resolution, pertaining to the safe and proper construction, operation, maintenance, and decommission of nuclear power stations, and

3. creating plans to bring both current and future nuclear power stations in compliance with the regulations described in clause 2(b) of this resolution;
  3. Clarifies that the operation of a nuclear power station includes the distribution of energy to either itself or other entities;

4. Declares that the NESC shall not mandate the construction or decommission of nuclear power stations;

5. Mandates that member nations, or any entity, and any employee thereof, authorized by that member nation, constructing, operating, maintaining, or decommissioning a nuclear power station comply with the regulations set by the NESC as described by clause 2(b) of this resolution.

The World Assembly,

Hereby,

1. Defines:

2. Tasks the Nuclear Energy Safety Commission (NESC) with:

2. creating regulations, based on the findings of the studies described in clause 2(a) of this resolution, pertaining to the safe and proper construction, operation, maintenance, and decommission of nuclear power stations, and

3. creating plans to bring current nuclear power stations in compliance with the regulations described in clause 2(b) of this resolution;
  3. Clarifies that the operation of a nuclear power station includes the distribution of energy to either itself or other entities;

4. Exempts nuclear reactors that do not meet the operational definition, as described by clause 3 of this resolution, from the NESC’s regulations;

5. Declares that the NESC shall not mandate the construction or decommission of nuclear power stations, either explicitly or through its regulations;

6. Mandates that member nations, or any entity, and any employee thereof, authorized by that member nation, constructing, operating, maintaining, or decommissioning a nuclear power station comply with the regulations set by the NESC as described by clause 2(b) of this resolution.
Last edited by Terttia on Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:02 am

“What is the purpose of clause 2? It seems more preambulatory given ‘considers’, but has been placed in the active clauses.”
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Terttia
Envoy

Anarchy

Postby Terttia » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:28 am

Kenmoria wrote:“What is the purpose of clause 2? It seems more preambulatory given ‘considers’, but has been placed in the active clauses.”

“That serves to clarify that the operation of a nuclear power station also includes the distribution of electricity. However, if my fellow ambassadors feel that that clause should belong in the preamble, I can make adjustments.”
Last edited by Terttia on Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:38 am

Terttia wrote:Grants the right of member nations, and any entity authorized by the member nation, to construct, operate, maintain, and decommission nuclear power stations

Duplication. That has already been affirmed by #418:

Imperium Anglorum wrote:Maintains the right of member nations to manufacture and trade nuclear weapons or reactors, to possess the materials required in such manufacture, and to acquire the materials required in such manufacture;

Maintains the right of member nations to have knowledge of the manufacture and trade of nuclear weapons or reactors, to possess such knowledge, and to acquire such knowledge
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:23 pm

Terttia wrote:
Kenmoria wrote:“What is the purpose of clause 2? It seems more preambulatory given ‘considers’, but has been placed in the active clauses.”

“That serves to clarify that the operation of a nuclear power station also includes the distribution of electricity. However, if my fellow ambassadors feel that that clause should belong in the preamble, I can make adjustments.”

“I recommend either combining that clause with the definition of a nuclear power station, by adding something such as ‘including the distribution of electricity produced’, or adding this as a clarifying clause that all mandates upon nuclear power stations also apply to the distribution thereof.”
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:32 pm

OOC: Clause 3 needs the modifier "within their own borders".

Other than that, against, because of giving a committee the right to do whatever they want with regulations, including forcing the shutting down and tearing down of every nuclear reactor in existence.

I also notice that if the nuclear plant is used to produce steam and then a separate power plant processes the steam into electricity, the nuclear plant isn't included within the proposal. I would suggest using "energy" instead of "electricity".
Last edited by Araraukar on Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Terttia
Envoy

Anarchy

Postby Terttia » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:48 pm

The New California Republic wrote:
Terttia wrote:Grants the right of member nations, and any entity authorized by the member nation, to construct, operate, maintain, and decommission nuclear power stations

Duplication. That has already been affirmed by #418:

Imperium Anglorum wrote:Maintains the right of member nations to manufacture and trade nuclear weapons or reactors, to possess the materials required in such manufacture, and to acquire the materials required in such manufacture;

Maintains the right of member nations to have knowledge of the manufacture and trade of nuclear weapons or reactors, to possess such knowledge, and to acquire such knowledge

OOC: I don’t think so. Nuclear power stations include nuclear reactors. However, nuclear power stations aren’t entirely nuclear reactors, and I think that my writing reflects that.

Kenmoria wrote:
Terttia wrote:“That serves to clarify that the operation of a nuclear power station also includes the distribution of electricity. However, if my fellow ambassadors feel that that clause should belong in the preamble, I can make adjustments.”

“I recommend either combining that clause with the definition of a nuclear power station, by adding something such as ‘including the distribution of electricity produced’, or adding this as a clarifying clause that all mandates upon nuclear power stations also apply to the distribution thereof.”

“Noted, ambassador. I will make these changes in the next draft.”

Araraukar wrote:OOC: Clause 3 needs the modifier "within their own borders".

OOC: This will be done.

Araraukar wrote:Other than that, against, because of giving a committee the right to do whatever they want with regulations, including forcing the shutting down and tearing down of every nuclear reactor in existence.

With the findings of the studies, the regulations shouldn’t be too unreasonable. Also, the current clause 3 suggests otherwise; however, I’ll add a clause that the committee cannot mandate the decommission of a nuclear power station.

Araraukar wrote:I also notice that if the nuclear plant is used to produce steam and then a separate power plant processes the steam into electricity, the nuclear plant isn't included within the proposal. I would suggest using "energy" instead of "electricity".

Noted. This will be changed accordingly.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:10 am

Terttia wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Duplication. That has already been affirmed by #418:

OOC: I don’t think so. Nuclear power stations include nuclear reactors. However, nuclear power stations aren’t entirely nuclear reactors, and I think that my writing reflects that.

Sophistry. Nothing more.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

Saint Indopeland
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Indopeland » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:38 am

The New California Republic wrote:
Terttia wrote:OOC: I don’t think so. Nuclear power stations include nuclear reactors. However, nuclear power stations aren’t entirely nuclear reactors, and I think that my writing reflects that.

Sophistry. Nothing more.

#418 states that you can make reactors themselves, but nothing about the building and actual electricity generation. A reactor only controls and contains the reaction, but a power plant uses the energy to create steam and therefore electricity, so I believe this isn’t a duplication.
Last edited by Saint Indopeland on Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:55 am

Saint Indopeland wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Sophistry. Nothing more.

#418 states that you can make reactors themselves, but nothing about the building and actual electricity generation. A reactor only controls and contains the reaction, but a power plant uses the energy to create steam and therefore electricity, so I believe this isn’t a duplication.

Again it is pointless hairsplitting. Having the reactors naturally implies that electricity generation equipment is going to be used. Sure, pure research reactors exist, but by the context of what is being talked about there is no need to spell out that nuclear power stations are permitted.
Last edited by The New California Republic on Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wave on, wave on

Greifenburg
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Greifenburg » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:00 am

"In support, as international standards regarding safety of nuclear power plants would be quite welcome. Regarding the duplication, I don't see why clause 3 is necessary anyway and could be struck without really changeing the purpose."
Robert Schreiner, Ambassador of the City and Republic of Greifenburg to the World Assembly

Saint Indopeland
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Indopeland » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:13 am

Greifenburg wrote:"In support, as international standards regarding safety of nuclear power plants would be quite welcome. Regarding the duplication, I don't see why clause 3 is necessary anyway and could be struck without really changeing the purpose."

Agreed. Clause 3 could be removed, and the resolution would still ensure safety of nuclear reactors. Plus, it’s removal would decrease the likelihood of the resolution being illegal for duplication.

Terttia
Envoy

Anarchy

Postby Terttia » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:14 pm

Saint Indopeland wrote:
Greifenburg wrote:"In support, as international standards regarding safety of nuclear power plants would be quite welcome. Regarding the duplication, I don't see why clause 3 is necessary anyway and could be struck without really changeing the purpose."

Agreed. Clause 3 could be removed, and the resolution would still ensure safety of nuclear reactors. Plus, it’s removal would decrease the likelihood of the resolution being illegal for duplication.

Clause 3 will be removed in the next draft.

American Pere Housh
Senator

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:57 pm

"We have no problem supporting this proposal though we haven't been using nuclear fission technology for 150 years. Nuclear fusion technology is one power source that is used in the New Galactic Republic. Though I'm know nuclear physicist, our fusion reactors among the safest."
Government Type: Militaristic Republic
Leader: President Alexander Jones
Prime Minister: Isabella Stuart-Jones
Secretary of Defense: Hitomi Izumi
Secretary of State: Eliza 'Vanny' Cortez
Time: 2023
Population: MT-450 million
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

Terttia
Envoy

Anarchy

Postby Terttia » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:24 pm

OOC: Bump from page 2.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:12 pm

Terttia wrote:
Araraukar wrote:Other than that, against, because of giving a committee the right to do whatever they want with regulations, including forcing the shutting down and tearing down of every nuclear reactor in existence.

With the findings of the studies, the regulations shouldn’t be too unreasonable. Also, the current clause 3 suggests otherwise; however, I’ll add a clause that the committee cannot mandate the decommission of a nuclear power station.

OOC: It can still mandate it to be shut down if it doesn't meet the safety requirements? What if the committee - slightly absurdly but still reasonably - decides, from the studies, that fission reactors are a danger, because of the dangerous waste they produce, and orders all of them being shut down, only allowing the use of fusion reactors?

And right now definition and clarification in clause 3 don't match. Experimental reactors exist and are vital for developing new kinds of reactors, such as RL attempts to create a functional fusion reactor. They don't distribute energy. And can a spaceship's propulsion system really be classified as an "entity"?
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Terttia
Envoy

Anarchy

Postby Terttia » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:05 pm

Araraukar wrote:
Terttia wrote:With the findings of the studies, the regulations shouldn’t be too unreasonable. Also, the current clause 3 suggests otherwise; however, I’ll add a clause that the committee cannot mandate the decommission of a nuclear power station.

OOC: It can still mandate it to be shut down if it doesn't meet the safety requirements? What if the committee - slightly absurdly but still reasonably - decides, from the studies, that fission reactors are a danger, because of the dangerous waste they produce, and orders all of them being shut down, only allowing the use of fusion reactors?

OOC: What about the current clause 4? Perhaps, I’ll add in the next draft “either explicitly or through its regulations.”

Araraukar wrote:And right now definition and clarification in clause 3 don't match. Experimental reactors exist and are vital for developing new kinds of reactors, such as RL attempts to create a functional fusion reactor. They don't distribute energy. And can a spaceship's propulsion system really be classified as an "entity"?

I’ll make adjustments for the above in the next draft (probably will be released in the next 24 hours). Although, experimental reactors will be exempted since they perform experimental work. I’m not sure if a spacecraft’s propulsion system is classified as an entity. I mean, the material in the reactor reacts, producing energy to propel itself (the propulsion system) and the rest of the spaceship.

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:54 pm

Minor duplication of the sort discussed in what is/was section 3 has always been permitted.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Tinfect
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 04, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Tinfect » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:27 pm

"The Imperium has been constructing and maintaining fusion power facilities for centuries," said Feren, holding what seemed to be a hydrogen fuel rod for just such a reactor, "We've no need for foreign interference in delicate operations of the sort; certainly, the Imperium has no intention of making costly refits to comply with insufficient or misguided 'international' standards. This legislation is nothing more than a barrier to such technologies."
Raslin Seretis, Imperial Diplomatic Envoy, He/Him
Tolarn Feren, Civil Oversight Representative, He/Him
Jasot Rehlan, Military Oversight Representative, She/Her

Bisexual, Transgender (She/Her), Native-American, and Actual CommunistTM.

Imperium Central News Network: EMERGENCY ALERT: ALL CITIZENS ARE TO PROCEED TO EVACUATION SITES IMMEDIATELY | EMERGENCY ALERT: ALL FURTHER SUBSPACE SIGNALS AND SYSTEMS ARE TO BE DISABLED IMMEDIATELY | EMERGENCY ALERT: THE FOLLOWING SYSTEMS ARE ACCESS PROHIBITED BY STANDARD/BLACKOUT [Error: Format Unrecognized] | Indomitable Bastard #283
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Terttia
Envoy

Anarchy

Postby Terttia » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:49 pm

Tinfect wrote:"The Imperium has been constructing and maintaining fusion power facilities for centuries," said Feren, holding what seemed to be a hydrogen fuel rod for just such a reactor, "We've no need for foreign interference in delicate operations of the sort; certainly, the Imperium has no intention of making costly refits to comply with insufficient or misguided 'international' standards. This legislation is nothing more than a barrier to such technologies."

“We have used nuclear power for years, and we use it very safely,” notes Phantomson. “However, we, as an Assembly, must realize that some member nations use nuclear power without many regulations, placing many other member nations and the environment at risk.”

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:06 pm

Terttia wrote:“We have used nuclear power for years, and we use it very safely,” notes Phantomson. “However, we, as an Assembly, must realize that some member nations use nuclear power without many regulations, placing many other member nations and the environment at risk.”

"Using fission power plants places environment and your people for the next one or two billion years at risk, and that's just from the radioactivity. Most fissionable materials are also actively poisonous chemically. There is no nuclear plant that is completely safe."

Terttia
Envoy

Anarchy

Postby Terttia » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:00 pm

OOC: Draft 4 has been released.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:37 pm

OOC: So, let's say a nuclear power plant fails to meet the regulations magicked up by the committee. What happens? Can WA require the plant be shut down aka be take out of service? No, because the committee can't mandate the decommissioning ("to take out of service" is one definition for that word) of a nuclear power plant. So the proposal does nothing.

Terttia
Envoy

Anarchy

Postby Terttia » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:51 pm

Araraukar wrote:OOC: So, let's say a nuclear power plant fails to meet the regulations magicked up by the committee. What happens? Can WA require the plant be shut down aka be take out of service? No, because the committee can't mandate the decommissioning ("to take out of service" is one definition for that word) of a nuclear power plant. So the proposal does nothing.

OOC: Perhaps, the committee could act in liaison with the non-complying nuclear power station to ensure that the regulations are complied with.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly