NATION

PASSWORD

(DRAFT) Repeal GA resolution #299 'Legal Competence'

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Liberimery
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Liberimery » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:51 am

Bananaistan wrote:
NOFEAR wrote:
Because I have the support of the silent majority

OOC: You have no evidence whatsoever for this.

IC: "You have no evidence whatsoever for this.

We oppose. The target is perfectly cromulent legislation. And the repeals "argument" is incredibly weak. Is there any particular reason why "THIS should not BE a matter of CHOICE for individual state (sic)"?

Incidentally, minimums of what?"

I would like to compliment the Ambassador from Bananaistan for his (her?) skillful linguistics in this argument which embiggens us all in this Assembly. We concur with this argument.

Additionally I draw attention to the fact that the proposed legislation offers no “Romeo and Juliet” exception for two similarly aged teens getting into the action.

Finally I wish to point out the Ambassador insist his morality upon us that this body deals sole with the realm of legality, which is not morality and would recommend that if you seek a body to enforce moral compliance, to kindly find a church.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:25 pm

NOFEAR wrote:Recognizing that this should NOT be a matter of choice for individual state, due to the incredible sensitive nature of the protection of the vulnerable,

Understanding that minimums should be put in for the protection of the disabled, the elderly, and children,

We hereby repeal Repeal GA resolution #299 'Legal Competence'

OOC: If this is the actual proposal, isn't it Honest Mistake? The target resolution requires that everyone not legally competent, be appointed a guardian. So the disabled, elderly and children would specifically have "protections" already.

Also, this mockery of a proposal makes no sense. "This should not be a matter of choice" - what is "this"? And what minimums? Minimum protections already exist, across several resolutions (including the target) that the author seems to be entirely unaware of.

"Honest Mistake for not addressing the resolution" is what I'd put in the Illegal Proposals thread, if this had just popped up in the submissions.
Last edited by Araraukar on Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Excidium Planetis
Powerbroker

Founded: May 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Excidium Planetis » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:35 pm

NOFEAR wrote:Because I have the support of the silent majority

"It appears the good Ambassador of... Nofear? Whatever... suffers from some grand delusions."
Current Ambassador: Adelia Meritt
Ex-Ambassador: Cornelia Schultz, author of GA#355 and GA#368.
#MakeLegislationFunnyAgain
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:You didn't know about Excidium? The greatest space nomads in the NS multiverse with a healthy dose (read: over 9000 percent) of realism?
Saveyou Island wrote:"Warmest welcomes to the Assembly, ambassador. You'll soon learn to hate everyone here."
Imperium Anglorum wrote:Digital Network Defence is pretty meh
Tier 9 nation, according to my index.Made of nomadic fleets.

News: AI wins Dawn Fleet election for High Counselor.

Red Foxia
Attaché

Founded: Feb 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Red Foxia » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:40 pm

"I believe that the Age of Consent should indeed be at least 15/16, but I do believe that it depends on culture, species, social structures, etc. This also seems to be a way to get your own proposal to work. It should be for when the species matures, as other nations have said. And, there is no "majority". There are only three supporters for this resolution as of now, and I don't think there will be any others who will support this resolution."
-Landen Nevelskoy
Last edited by Red Foxia on Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:38 pm

Red Foxia wrote:"I believe that the Age of Consent should indeed be at least 15/16, but I do believe that it depends on culture, species, social structures, etc.
which is precisely what the target of this repeal does, and much better than anything Nofear has put forth
This also seems to be a way to get your own proposal to work.
why? As stated above, extant resolutions already do so quite well, and without resorting to a one-size-fits-nobody approach.
It should be for when the species matures, as other nations have said. And, there is no "majority". There are only three supporters for this resolution as of now, and I don't think there will be any others who will support this resolution."
-Landen Nevelskoy
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

WayNeacTia
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:16 pm

NOFEAR wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Lol. No.

I have not received any constructive comments in a long time on these threads, I am therefore submitting both of my repeals. Unless you guys up here to give me constructive criticism this will be going before the GA.

Seems that it turns out to be illegal. Who could have seen that coming?
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

Previous

Return to General Assembly