NATION

PASSWORD

(DRAFT) Age of consent

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Grays Harbor
GA Secretariat

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:04 am

NOFEAR wrote:
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:So now a species whose life expectancy is 1000 years (what is a year anyway? A Pluto year? A Saturn year?) is commanded by you to acknowledge their 16 year old infants as adults (that's an equivalent of 1.6 years in human years ftr). This is called one-size-fits-none ambassador.

Already responded to this point, but I will do it again, this does not apply to non-humans

Then it is illegal for being selective. Resolutions are all or nothing, they apply to every WA nation equally or not at all. The rules and guidelines apply to everybody. That is not something up for debate.
Curmudgeon, Bastard, Grumpy Old Man. And those are my good qualities.

Head of the Grays Harbor WA delegation: Sir Henry Rodut, OHE, GHC
3-2-1 lets jam

Concomitania
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 16, 2019

nah fam

Postby Concomitania » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:11 am

You fascists, all forms of consent and sexual activity should be illegal in all situations and all children should be grown in vats
serves you morons right for being members of an international regulatory body

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Separatist Peoples » Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:01 am

Concomitania wrote:You fascists, all forms of consent and sexual activity should be illegal in all situations and all children should be grown in vats
serves you morons right for being members of an international regulatory body

"That, ambassador, is definitely an opinion."

His Worshipfulness Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

BlackLight Covenant
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 24, 2016

Postby BlackLight Covenant » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:24 pm

Ambassador Lovik stared at the proposal in front of her for a while, tapping a pen against her old helmet as she read the matter at hand this time around. With a sigh and a groan, she flipped the helmet's visor, polished to a ludicrous level of reflectiveness, before downing a cup of coffee in one go.

"So let me get this straight ambassador: loads o' people here have told ya that this proposed age of consent won't work so well for literally any non-human species except those that somehow age exactly like bog standard humans would, probably through...I dunno, space magic, genetic meddling, or some other weird reason, and so ya figure that the best way of solvin' this problem is to instead make it so that non-human species just aren't affected at all? Sorry to tell ya this, ambassador, but a one-size-fits-nobody issue can't be solved by just slapping 'it doesn't affect non-human species' on there, as that would mean that a whole load o' this assembly won't even be affected by this proposal. Kinda defeats the point of even legislating on it if a sizable chunk of this assembly's members can just ignore it, wouldn't ya say so?"

Blacklight is an isolationist, and notably xenophobic, interstellar corporatocracy.
Its government and society are made up of three massive conglomerates.
They maintain joint control over affairs normal governments would otherwise be concerned with.

Ellen Lovik
- Secondary Multiversal Ambassador
- 2nd Corporate Representative to the World Assembly, currently replacing Dietrich Latvala
- Mentally mildly stuck in the mindset of her time as riot control officer

Currently the most general officer of generic things, common issues, and standard matters for The Glorious Nations of Iwaku!

Cisairse
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cisairse » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:07 pm

"While the delegation surely disagrees with the motives of our colleagues in Concomitania, we cannot help but agree that this proposal is not suitable for the international community even if the necessary barriers for its legality were crossed. As such, we firmly oppose any progress of this proposal towards law."

—Ambassador Hayes O. McNeal
Now it's clear as a pillar of smoke
The details of the above post are subject to leftist infighting.

And broken Starbucks glass

Yeah, I support my troops
They wave black flags
They wear black masks

Morover
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2018
Libertarian Police State

Postby Morover » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:53 pm

"So, ambassador, if you don't mind us asking, why do you choose the age of sixteen years old?"

The New California Republic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:05 pm

Morover wrote:"So, ambassador, if you don't mind us asking, why do you choose the age of sixteen years old?"

I asked that same question earlier and got no response, even though they have responded to other posts in the meantime. I can only assume that my question was intentionally ignored, and that the age is entirely arbitrary.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Wayneactia
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Wayneactia » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:12 pm

The New California Republic wrote:
Morover wrote:"So, ambassador, if you don't mind us asking, why do you choose the age of sixteen years old?"

I asked that same question earlier and got no response, even though they have responded to other posts in the meantime. I can only assume that my question was intentionally ignored, and that the age is entirely arbitrary.

Given the rapid fire nature of the authors posts, given the fact they have been here for a day or so, and given the fact that reason is something that seems to elude the author, I wouldn't waste too many more calories on this endeavor.

The minoriteez
Civilian

Founded: Feb 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Age of Consent

Postby The minoriteez » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:01 pm

Personally, I think anywhere from age 16-18 is okay. That being said, I think sexual education should be taught in 9th grade,so age 15, and then by age 16 they can make developed choices ! :blush:

Excidium Planetis
Powerbroker

Founded: May 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Excidium Planetis » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:27 pm

"Ahem." Cornelia Schultz announces her presence in the room.

"General Assembly Resolution Three-Fifty-Five, Rights of Sapient Species:
Requires that in defining legal age of consent and legal age of marriage, member nations must define legal age for individual species; the legal age cannot be lower than the average age of onset of reproductive maturation for that species, and all legal ages between species should be set at an equivalent degree of maturation. Beings that do not reproduce sexually are exempted from this clause.

"This proposal would be illegal for Duplication and/or Contradiction of existing legislation."
Ex-Ambassador (deceased): Evander Blackbourne
Ex-Ambassador: Cornelia Schultz, author of GA#355 and GA#368.
#MakeLegislationFunnyAgain
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:You didn't know about Excidium? The greatest space nomads in the NS multiverse with a healthy dose (read: over 9000 percent) of realism?
Saveyou Island wrote:"Warmest welcomes to the Assembly, ambassador. You'll soon learn to hate everyone here."
Imperium Anglorum wrote:Digital Network Defence is pretty meh
Tier 8, 7.5 nation, according to my index.Made of nomadic fleets.

News: None. Good, right?

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:41 pm

Duravia wrote:The reason why I think age of consent should be 18, is that in most countries age of majority is 18.

OOC: In Real Life, yes. However, in Real Life, age of consent is predominantly 16 or younger (the blue colours on the map).

Excidium Planetis wrote:"This proposal would be illegal for Duplication and/or Contradiction of existing legislation."

IC: "As has been pointed out to the author several times."
Last edited by Araraukar on Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Linda Äyrämäki, acting ambassador in the absence of miss Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Coronavirus related. This too. And this. These are all jokes. This isn't. This is, again, but it's also the last one.

Excidium Planetis
Powerbroker

Founded: May 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Excidium Planetis » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:42 pm

Araraukar wrote:
Excidium Planetis wrote:"This proposal would be illegal for Duplication and/or Contradiction of existing legislation."

"I just want to see if the author is up for repealing not one, but three separate resolutions just to force through one of their own." Cornelia replies. "Rest assured I'll do whatever is in my power as an ordinary citizen of a non-member nation to stop a repeal attempt of my resolution."
Ex-Ambassador (deceased): Evander Blackbourne
Ex-Ambassador: Cornelia Schultz, author of GA#355 and GA#368.
#MakeLegislationFunnyAgain
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:You didn't know about Excidium? The greatest space nomads in the NS multiverse with a healthy dose (read: over 9000 percent) of realism?
Saveyou Island wrote:"Warmest welcomes to the Assembly, ambassador. You'll soon learn to hate everyone here."
Imperium Anglorum wrote:Digital Network Defence is pretty meh
Tier 8, 7.5 nation, according to my index.Made of nomadic fleets.

News: None. Good, right?

Cisairse
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cisairse » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:52 pm

Excidium Planetis wrote:
Araraukar wrote:

"I just want to see if the author is up for repealing not one, but three separate resolutions just to force through one of their own." Cornelia replies. "Rest assured I'll do whatever is in my power as an ordinary citizen of a non-member nation to stop a repeal attempt of my resolution."

"We, fortunately or unfortunately, already have an answer to that question. While the Secretariat has ruled this initial proposal illegal, it seems that our colleagues from NOFEAR were serious."
Now it's clear as a pillar of smoke
The details of the above post are subject to leftist infighting.

And broken Starbucks glass

Yeah, I support my troops
They wave black flags
They wear black masks

Kenmoria
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Corporate Bordello

Postby Kenmoria » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:42 am

Cisairse wrote:
Excidium Planetis wrote:

"We, fortunately or unfortunately, already have an answer to that question. While the Secretariat has ruled this initial proposal illegal, it seems that our colleagues from NOFEAR were serious."

“They were serious insofar as they submitted a proposal. Whether the delegation was serious enough to actually spend time working on and improving the draft to a reasonable standard is a different question.”
A representative democracy with a parliament of 535 seats
Kenmoria is Laissez-Faire on economy but centre-left on social issues
Located in Europe and border France to the right and Spain below
NS stats and policies are not canon, use the factbooks
Not in the WA despite coincidentally following nearly all resolutions
This is due to a problem with how the WA contradicts democracy
However we do have a WA mission and often participate in drafting
Current ambassador: James Lewitt

For more information, read the factbooks here.

The Strangers Club
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 20, 2019
Corporate Bordello

Postby The Strangers Club » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:52 am

Kenmoria wrote:
Cisairse wrote:

“They were serious insofar as they submitted a proposal. Whether the delegation was serious enough to actually spend time working on and improving the draft to a reasonable standard is a different question.”

I approved it :D
SUPER DUPER PUNK!!!

Valentinaa
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Valentinaa » Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:00 am

The same age to give sexual consent should be the same age to get married, as sex should be something that only married couples do.

The New California Republic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:56 am

Valentinaa wrote:The same age to give sexual consent should be the same age to get married, as sex should be something that only married couples do.

"That opinion is certainly in the minority here Ambassador."
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Separatist Peoples » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:24 am

Valentinaa wrote:The same age to give sexual consent should be the same age to get married, as sex should be something that only married couples do.

"Marriage is an outdated concept."

His Worshipfulness Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Heliosbrine
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Heliosbrine » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:38 pm

yes there should be an age of consent we believe that it should be 20

The Strangers Club
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 20, 2019
Corporate Bordello

Postby The Strangers Club » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:35 pm

Heliosbrine wrote:yes there should be an age of consent we believe that it should be 20

This is utterly ridiculous and I don't even have to say why.
SUPER DUPER PUNK!!!

Wayneactia
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Wayneactia » Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:32 pm

The COT Corporation
Envoy

Founded: Nov 30, 2019
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby The COT Corporation » Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:22 pm

Tinfect wrote:OOC:
This is illegal, for one, and incredibly bad legislation besides. Please read both the rules and standing legislation. Both are pinned at the top of the subforum.

OOC: This.
- Juleas Brimstone, recently elected WA ambassador. Author of the proposal, Limitation of Inhumane Weaponry.

Bananaistan
GA Secretariat

Founded: Apr 20, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bananaistan » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:14 pm

Delegation of the People's Republic of Bananaistan to the World Assembly
Head of delegation and the Permanent Representative: Comrade Ambassador Theodorus "Ted" Hornwood
General Assistant and Head of Security: Comrade Watchman Brian of Tarth
There was the Pope and John F. Kennedy and Jack Charlton and the three of them were staring me in the face.
Ideological Bulwark #281

Civitas Libertad
Secretary

Founded: Feb 11, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Civitas Libertad » Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:57 am

“In Civitas Libertas the age of consent is thirteen.
This is because we believe that it is possible for thirteen year olds or at least some thirteen year olds to consent. Thus any laws against this would be tyranny. We are not aware of any studies that definitively prove the opposite is true in all cases.”
-foreign ministry
A libertarian, Greco-Roman inspired nation that does not represent my views.

Civitas Libertad
Secretary

Founded: Feb 11, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Civitas Libertad » Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:03 am

“We are however deeply concerned by states that permit intercourse with under 13s.

Thus out of wanting this law to succeed we shall agree to a reasonable compromise 15.5 years old.
This is calculated to be a fair compromise between those that want it to be 13, 14, 15,16,17 and 18,
It is also approved by doctors of medicine in France.
A libertarian, Greco-Roman inspired nation that does not represent my views.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly