NATION

PASSWORD

Repeal of Resolution 10

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Arenloria
Civilian

Founded: Feb 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Repeal of Resolution 10

Postby Arenloria » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:36 pm

I don't have the two endorsements needed to do it or I would just do it directly. Resolution 10 has already been overridden by Resolution 418, this is purely a technical repeal to ensure that there is no duplication. The reasoning I'd use is:

Whereas, Resolution 418 Safeguarding Nuclear Materials overrides and expands upon Resolution 10 Nuclear Arms Possession Act.
Whereas, duplication of of Resolutions is verboten.

Therefore, be it resolved that Resolution 10 bet stricken and rendered null and void.

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:57 pm

It doesn't though.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

WayNeacTia
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:12 pm

Yeah, no. There was an argument made that the Nuclear Security Agreement and the Nuclear Arms Protocol both tried to make NAPA unneeded (They didn't by the way as neither one of those resoultions guaranteed the right to possess nuclear weapons). This seems to be going along those same lines, and it isn't going to happen friend. You have a better chance of walking on the surface of Jupiter without a spacesuit (Jupiter doesn't have a surface by the way), than repealing NAPA.
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

Sierra Lyricalia
Senator

Founded: Nov 29, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sierra Lyricalia » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:52 am

OOC: Welcome to the World Assembly! Unfortunately this argument in any repeal (i.e. "The target resolution duplicates or contradicts another resolution, so it's illegal and must be repealed") is itself illegal, for Metagaming. Arguments that rely on breaking character on the floor of the WA are impermissible in repeals. Further, all passed resolutions are presumed legal by virtue of passing. If you want to repeal NAPA, you'll have to meet it on its own terms.

Then, even if the above weren't true, very few would vote for this repeal because you've given no indicator as to why voters should prefer GAR #418 to GAR #10 - why should the newer resolution (i.e. the one that according to you should have been nuked for illegal duplication) get to remain?

Stick around a while and learn how things work around here before trying something this ambitious again. Good luck!
Principal-Agent, Anarchy; Squadron Admiral [fmr], The Red Fleet
The Semi-Honorable Leonid Berkman Pavonis
Author: 354 GA / Issues 436, 451, 724
Ambassador Pro Tem
Tech Level: Complicated (or not: 7/0/6 i.e. 12) / RP Details
Jerk, Ideological Deviant, Roach, MT Army stooge, & "red [who] do[es]n't read" (various)
Illustrious Bum #279

Excidium Planetis
Powerbroker

Founded: May 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Excidium Planetis » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:08 am

Sierra Lyricalia wrote:(i.e. the one that according to you should have been nuked for illegal duplication)

I see what you did there, SL.
Last edited by Excidium Planetis on Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current Ambassador: Adelia Meritt
Ex-Ambassador: Cornelia Schultz, author of GA#355 and GA#368.
#MakeLegislationFunnyAgain
Singaporean Transhumans wrote:You didn't know about Excidium? The greatest space nomads in the NS multiverse with a healthy dose (read: over 9000 percent) of realism?
Saveyou Island wrote:"Warmest welcomes to the Assembly, ambassador. You'll soon learn to hate everyone here."
Imperium Anglorum wrote:Digital Network Defence is pretty meh
Tier 9 nation, according to my index.Made of nomadic fleets.

News: AI wins Dawn Fleet election for High Counselor.

Return to General Assembly