NATION

PASSWORD

[On Hold] Repeal "Ban on Sterilisation of Minors etc"

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Marxist Germany
Minister
 
Posts: 2049
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Corporate Bordello

Postby Marxist Germany » Tue May 12, 2020 10:52 am

Kenmoria wrote:
Marxist Germany wrote:"A member-state can decide that people of specific ethnicities are "incompetent"."

“That doesn’t seem to be a good-faith interpretation of what the word ‘incompetent’ means, since that interpretation doesn’t align with reality.”

"You make a good case, ambassador, I am unsure as to why I added that clause in the first place. I have thusly made some changes to the proposal."
Country represents RL views mostly. Not Marxist anymore.
Author of GA#461, GA#470, GA#477, GA#481, GA#486 (co-author), and SC#295

Ex-delegate of The United Federations; citizen and ex-Senior Senator of 10000 Islands | Gaming User#0721(Discord)
RP name: Germany
The National Factbook (WIP)
Ambassador Klaus Schmidt
Political Compass
Pro:Laissez-faire, Cultural Nationalism, Guns, Free speech, Christianity, United Ireland.
Anti:"Progressivism", Abortion, Transgenderism, Socialism, Interventionism, Mass-migration.

User avatar
Maowi
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1059
Founded: Jan 07, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maowi » Tue May 12, 2020 2:21 pm

Marxist Germany wrote:OOC: Grammar has been fixed, I am unsure as to how it is inaccurate.


OOC: See my post here:

Maowi wrote:Also ... this clause ...
Worried that the vagueness of the term, "long-term health", allows member-states to sterilise minors citing reasons such as prevention of cancer in the genitalia, which can be deemed as a long-term health benefit by the Institutional Review Board,

... was confusing me, because I thought that it was just pointing out a possible emergency situation and being worried that the target allows the emergency to be fixed. But is your point that the target allows a hypothetical future cancer as a justification for a sterilisation of a minor??? Because that it doesn't do. A hypothetical is not a necessity.

[...] which has certified after review, the necessity of sterilisation for the long-term health of that person.

User avatar
Marxist Germany
Minister
 
Posts: 2049
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Corporate Bordello

Postby Marxist Germany » Tue May 12, 2020 2:45 pm

Maowi wrote:
Marxist Germany wrote:OOC: Grammar has been fixed, I am unsure as to how it is inaccurate.


OOC: See my post here:

Maowi wrote:Also ... this clause ...

... was confusing me, because I thought that it was just pointing out a possible emergency situation and being worried that the target allows the emergency to be fixed. But is your point that the target allows a hypothetical future cancer as a justification for a sterilisation of a minor??? Because that it doesn't do. A hypothetical is not a necessity.

[...] which has certified after review, the necessity of sterilisation for the long-term health of that person.

OOC: Forgot to remove that in the latest edit, fixed.
Country represents RL views mostly. Not Marxist anymore.
Author of GA#461, GA#470, GA#477, GA#481, GA#486 (co-author), and SC#295

Ex-delegate of The United Federations; citizen and ex-Senior Senator of 10000 Islands | Gaming User#0721(Discord)
RP name: Germany
The National Factbook (WIP)
Ambassador Klaus Schmidt
Political Compass
Pro:Laissez-faire, Cultural Nationalism, Guns, Free speech, Christianity, United Ireland.
Anti:"Progressivism", Abortion, Transgenderism, Socialism, Interventionism, Mass-migration.

User avatar
Stellonia
Minister
 
Posts: 2160
Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Stellonia » Tue May 12, 2020 3:24 pm

"Is there a replacement draft for the resolution in question?"

User avatar
Kenmoria
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6373
Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Corporate Bordello

Postby Kenmoria » Tue May 12, 2020 3:31 pm

Stellonia wrote:"Is there a replacement draft for the resolution in question?"

“The ambassador for Marxist Germany, Mr. Schmidt, does not believe there is a need for a replacement because of GA #486, which covers a very similar area of legislation. However, if this repeal were to pass, I have plants to start work on a replacement proposal that would expand the protection given to WA residents against forcible sterilisation.”
A representative democracy with a parliament of 535 seats
Kenmoria is Laissez-Faire on economy but centre-left on social issues
Located in Europe and border France to the right and Spain below
NS stats and policies are not canon, use the factbooks
Not in the WA despite coincidentally following nearly all resolutions
This is due to a problem with how the WA contradicts democracy
However we do have a WA mission and often participate in drafting
Current ambassador: James Lewitt

For more information, read the factbooks here.

User avatar
Wayneactia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1411
Founded: Aug 01, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Wayneactia » Tue May 12, 2020 7:17 pm

Kenmoria wrote:
Stellonia wrote:"Is there a replacement draft for the resolution in question?"

“The ambassador for Marxist Germany, Mr. Schmidt, does not believe there is a need for a replacement because of GA #486, which covers a very similar area of legislation. However, if this repeal were to pass, I have plants to start work on a replacement proposal that would expand the protection given to WA residents against forcible sterilisation.”

"Here's a better idea my good man. Mandate sterilization of all persons born. Then if they choose to have children, they can have the process easily reversed. Would cut down on massive population growth exponentially, and would also have the benefit of rendering the Stelloninan resolution on birth control moot."

Wayne

User avatar
Stellonia
Minister
 
Posts: 2160
Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Stellonia » Tue May 12, 2020 7:35 pm

Wayneactia wrote:
Kenmoria wrote:“The ambassador for Marxist Germany, Mr. Schmidt, does not believe there is a need for a replacement because of GA #486, which covers a very similar area of legislation. However, if this repeal were to pass, I have plants to start work on a replacement proposal that would expand the protection given to WA residents against forcible sterilisation.”

"Here's a better idea my good man. Mandate sterilization of all persons born. Then if they choose to have children, they can have the process easily reversed. Would cut down on massive population growth exponentially, and would also have the benefit of rendering the Stelloninan resolution on birth control moot."

Wayne

"We are not confident that the process can be 'easily reversed' in all cases. We also worry that such a requirement would offend the sensibilities of parents who would disapprove of having their children sterilized."

User avatar
Wayneactia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1411
Founded: Aug 01, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Wayneactia » Tue May 12, 2020 8:32 pm

Stellonia wrote:
Wayneactia wrote:"Here's a better idea my good man. Mandate sterilization of all persons born. Then if they choose to have children, they can have the process easily reversed. Would cut down on massive population growth exponentially, and would also have the benefit of rendering the Stelloninan resolution on birth control moot."

Wayne

"We are not confident that the process can be 'easily reversed' in all cases. We also worry that such a requirement would offend the sensibilities of parents who would disapprove of having their children sterilized."

"Who gives a shit if parents are easily offended? Most parents are idiots, and thus should be treated as such. Perhaps the enlightened ones would see the long term value to preventing massive overpopulation."

Wayne

User avatar
Marxist Germany
Minister
 
Posts: 2049
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Corporate Bordello

Postby Marxist Germany » Tue May 12, 2020 11:57 pm

Wayneactia wrote:
Stellonia wrote:"We are not confident that the process can be 'easily reversed' in all cases. We also worry that such a requirement would offend the sensibilities of parents who would disapprove of having their children sterilized."

"Who gives a shit if parents are easily offended? Most parents are idiots, and thus should be treated as such. Perhaps the enlightened ones would see the long term value to preventing massive overpopulation."

Wayne

"Overpopulation is a myth perpetuated by eco-fascists."
Country represents RL views mostly. Not Marxist anymore.
Author of GA#461, GA#470, GA#477, GA#481, GA#486 (co-author), and SC#295

Ex-delegate of The United Federations; citizen and ex-Senior Senator of 10000 Islands | Gaming User#0721(Discord)
RP name: Germany
The National Factbook (WIP)
Ambassador Klaus Schmidt
Political Compass
Pro:Laissez-faire, Cultural Nationalism, Guns, Free speech, Christianity, United Ireland.
Anti:"Progressivism", Abortion, Transgenderism, Socialism, Interventionism, Mass-migration.

User avatar
Sancta Romana Ecclesia
Envoy
 
Posts: 294
Founded: Aug 04, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Sancta Romana Ecclesia » Wed May 13, 2020 1:12 am

Agreed fully with the draft. Minors should not be sterilized for their "long term health benefit". Unless not doing so would be detrimental to their health, they should be allowed to decide whether they want to pursue those "long term health benefits" or not when they can make an informed choice about the procedure.

Clause 2 is especially harmful as it leaves it to a committee, not a legislative body, to create legislation answering issues not addressed by the target (such as how IRB will even look like, will it be a national or international body, will it be staffed by the specialists or lawyers, and what is the "incompetent person"). Noteworthy, GAR#299: Legal Competence is unhelpful for determining that last question, as its definition of legal competence is binding for that resolution only and no reference to the aforementioned definition is given in the target (ooc: in fact, such reference would be illegal as being House of Cards).
Paulus Asteorra

An Enlightened and the Guru of Diplomacy of Karma

Expressed opinions are my own and not Karma's, unless otherwise noted.

User avatar
Kenmoria
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6373
Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Corporate Bordello

Postby Kenmoria » Wed May 13, 2020 3:11 am

Wayneactia wrote:
Kenmoria wrote:“The ambassador for Marxist Germany, Mr. Schmidt, does not believe there is a need for a replacement because of GA #486, which covers a very similar area of legislation. However, if this repeal were to pass, I have plants to start work on a replacement proposal that would expand the protection given to WA residents against forcible sterilisation.”

"Here's a better idea my good man. Mandate sterilization of all persons born. Then if they choose to have children, they can have the process easily reversed. Would cut down on massive population growth exponentially, and would also have the benefit of rendering the Stelloninan resolution on birth control moot."

Wayne

“Though I acknowledge that overpopulation is an issue, mandating sterilisation seems to be a hugely disproportionate response. Universal rights should only ever be ignored when there is a dire, immediate threat to everyone’s wellbeing. At least in Kenmoria, we are several decades away from the point at which there is a complete Malthusian crash of society. It is not worth violating people’s rights for an event so far in the future. Furthermore, I’m sure there are several WA nations that are millennia away from that point.”
Marxist Germany wrote:
Wayneactia wrote:"Who gives a shit if parents are easily offended? Most parents are idiots, and thus should be treated as such. Perhaps the enlightened ones would see the long term value to preventing massive overpopulation."

Wayne

"Overpopulation is a myth perpetuated by eco-fascists."

“The idea that overpopulation is a myth perpetuated by ecofascists is a myth perpetuated by reactionaries.”
A representative democracy with a parliament of 535 seats
Kenmoria is Laissez-Faire on economy but centre-left on social issues
Located in Europe and border France to the right and Spain below
NS stats and policies are not canon, use the factbooks
Not in the WA despite coincidentally following nearly all resolutions
This is due to a problem with how the WA contradicts democracy
However we do have a WA mission and often participate in drafting
Current ambassador: James Lewitt

For more information, read the factbooks here.

User avatar
Maowi
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1059
Founded: Jan 07, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maowi » Wed May 13, 2020 4:09 am

Sancta Romana Ecclesia wrote:Agreed fully with the draft. Minors should not be sterilized for their "long term health benefit". Unless not doing so would be detrimental to their health, they should be allowed to decide whether they want to pursue those "long term health benefits" or not when they can make an informed choice about the procedure.


"Ambassador ... have you maybe considered reading the target? Look, I'll quote it for you now:
"It is unlawful in all member nations to sterilise, in any way, a person below the age of majority or any incompetent person, without the approval of an independent Institutional Review Board, which has certified after review, the necessity of sterilisation for the long-term health of that person."
"That does not allow minors to be sterilised if it in some way is beneficial to their health. It needs to be shown that the sterilisation is necessary for their health. There is a significant difference between the two."

Clause 2 is especially harmful as it leaves it to a committee, not a legislative body, to create legislation answering issues not addressed by the target (such as how IRB will even look like, will it be a national or international body, will it be staffed by the specialists or lawyers, and what is the "incompetent person"). Noteworthy, GAR#299: Legal Competence is unhelpful for determining that last question, as its definition of legal competence is binding for that resolution only and no reference to the aforementioned definition is given in the target (ooc: in fact, such reference would be illegal as being House of Cards).

"On the contrary - GAR 299 is extremely helpful. This is because it mandates that member nations set and enforce an age of legal competence, ensuring that this standard exists across all member nations and can be referred to by GA legislation."

User avatar
Sancta Romana Ecclesia
Envoy
 
Posts: 294
Founded: Aug 04, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby Sancta Romana Ecclesia » Wed May 13, 2020 4:48 am

Maowi wrote:"Ambassador ... have you maybe considered reading the target? Look, I'll quote it for you now:
"It is unlawful in all member nations to sterilise, in any way, a person below the age of majority or any incompetent person, without the approval of an independent Institutional Review Board, which has certified after review, the necessity of sterilisation for the long-term health of that person."
"That does not allow minors to be sterilised if it in some way is beneficial to their health. It needs to be shown that the sterilisation is necessary for their health. There is a significant difference between the two."
I in fact read that. There are two meanings of health: 1) state of being free from illness and injury; 2) general physical condition (thus we can say "he has bad health", which would make no sense in the previous meaning). Your objection to my reading applies if IRB were obliged to follow the first definition of health, but they are not. Under 2nd definition what I said is perfectly valid, things that are beneficial to one's condition (in long term) can be construed to be necessary for it.

Maowi wrote:"On the contrary - GAR 299 is extremely helpful. This is because it mandates that member nations set and enforce an age of legal competence, ensuring that this standard exists across all member nations and can be referred to by GA legislation."
Except this one doesn't refer to it at all, in fact, the terms "legal competence" or "legally (in)competent persons" are not even used in the target.
Paulus Asteorra

An Enlightened and the Guru of Diplomacy of Karma

Expressed opinions are my own and not Karma's, unless otherwise noted.

User avatar
Maowi
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1059
Founded: Jan 07, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maowi » Wed May 13, 2020 5:51 am

Sancta Romana Ecclesia wrote: I in fact read that. There are two meanings of health: 1) state of being free from illness and injury; 2) general physical condition (thus we can say "he has bad health", which would make no sense in the previous meaning). Your objection to my reading applies if IRB were obliged to follow the first definition of health, but they are not. Under 2nd definition what I said is perfectly valid, things that are beneficial to one's condition (in long term) can be construed to be necessary for it.

"... But why, with two definitions available, would member nations or IRBs pick the one which is more problematic and clearly goes against the spirit and intention of the resolution? Definition 1) would make more sense in this context and would make sure only the truly necessary sterilisations were approved."

Except this one doesn't refer to it at all, in fact, the terms "legal competence" or "legally (in)competent persons" are not even used in the target.

"Precisely for the reason you mentioned above - i.e., that the definitions in a resolution do not extend past the scope of that resolution - it is not necessary to use the exact term. "Incompetent" in this context has a very clear meaning, and the only reasonable interpretation of it would be that it refers to the age of legal competence mandated by GAR 299."

(OOC: Edited because I messed up my quote tags)
Last edited by Maowi on Wed May 13, 2020 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Marxist Germany
Minister
 
Posts: 2049
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Corporate Bordello

Postby Marxist Germany » Wed May 13, 2020 6:24 am

Maowi wrote:
Sancta Romana Ecclesia wrote: I in fact read that. There are two meanings of health: 1) state of being free from illness and injury; 2) general physical condition (thus we can say "he has bad health", which would make no sense in the previous meaning). Your objection to my reading applies if IRB were obliged to follow the first definition of health, but they are not. Under 2nd definition what I said is perfectly valid, things that are beneficial to one's condition (in long term) can be construed to be necessary for it.

"... But why, with two definitions available, would member nations or IRBs pick the one which is more problematic and clearly goes against the spirit and intention of the resolution? Definition 1) would make more sense in this context and would make sure only the truly necessary sterilisations were approved."

"For nefarious reasons, presumably, ambassador."
Country represents RL views mostly. Not Marxist anymore.
Author of GA#461, GA#470, GA#477, GA#481, GA#486 (co-author), and SC#295

Ex-delegate of The United Federations; citizen and ex-Senior Senator of 10000 Islands | Gaming User#0721(Discord)
RP name: Germany
The National Factbook (WIP)
Ambassador Klaus Schmidt
Political Compass
Pro:Laissez-faire, Cultural Nationalism, Guns, Free speech, Christianity, United Ireland.
Anti:"Progressivism", Abortion, Transgenderism, Socialism, Interventionism, Mass-migration.

User avatar
Maowi
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1059
Founded: Jan 07, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maowi » Wed May 13, 2020 6:56 am

Marxist Germany wrote:
Maowi wrote:"... But why, with two definitions available, would member nations or IRBs pick the one which is more problematic and clearly goes against the spirit and intention of the resolution? Definition 1) would make more sense in this context and would make sure only the truly necessary sterilisations were approved."

"For nefarious reasons, presumably, ambassador."

"Apologies, that point ... did not make sense. The body which does have the power to enforce the definition which is in keeping with the spirit of the law is the WACC, as in clause 2 of the target. While it cannot create new legislation beyond the scope of the resolution - as your proposal claims it does - it can create regulations clarifying what compliance with the target looks like in practice. It seems unlikely to me that the committee would purposefully enforce the dishonest reading of the target."

User avatar
Kenmoria
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6373
Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Corporate Bordello

Postby Kenmoria » Wed May 13, 2020 7:33 am

Maowi wrote:
Marxist Germany wrote:"For nefarious reasons, presumably, ambassador."

"Apologies, that point ... did not make sense. The body which does have the power to enforce the definition which is in keeping with the spirit of the law is the WACC, as in clause 2 of the target. While it cannot create new legislation beyond the scope of the resolution - as your proposal claims it does - it can create regulations clarifying what compliance with the target looks like in practice. It seems unlikely to me that the committee would purposefully enforce the dishonest reading of the target."

(OOC: I don’t think that assuming what legislation the WACC has created makes much sense, given that nobody actually knows what this committee might do with the resolution. I view it as far easier to imagine that the WACC has not created any secondary legislation, since no player has the ability to actually view any hypothetical laws created by WA gnomes.)
A representative democracy with a parliament of 535 seats
Kenmoria is Laissez-Faire on economy but centre-left on social issues
Located in Europe and border France to the right and Spain below
NS stats and policies are not canon, use the factbooks
Not in the WA despite coincidentally following nearly all resolutions
This is due to a problem with how the WA contradicts democracy
However we do have a WA mission and often participate in drafting
Current ambassador: James Lewitt

For more information, read the factbooks here.

User avatar
Maowi
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1059
Founded: Jan 07, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maowi » Wed May 13, 2020 8:33 am

Kenmoria wrote:(OOC: I don’t think that assuming what legislation the WACC has created makes much sense, given that nobody actually knows what this committee might do with the resolution. I view it as far easier to imagine that the WACC has not created any secondary legislation, since no player has the ability to actually view any hypothetical laws created by WA gnomes.)

OOC: It's definitely a knotty one. This discussion has happened before on a different topic, I think - if I remember correctly, it was being said at the time that a committee being authorised to create regulations on something would take a maximalist interpretation of that and make as complete a set of regulations as possible. I'm not sure just ignoring the line and assuming the committee does nothing is a particularly satisfactory solution.

User avatar
Marxist Germany
Minister
 
Posts: 2049
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Corporate Bordello

Postby Marxist Germany » Fri May 15, 2020 9:41 am

OOC: Submitted.
Country represents RL views mostly. Not Marxist anymore.
Author of GA#461, GA#470, GA#477, GA#481, GA#486 (co-author), and SC#295

Ex-delegate of The United Federations; citizen and ex-Senior Senator of 10000 Islands | Gaming User#0721(Discord)
RP name: Germany
The National Factbook (WIP)
Ambassador Klaus Schmidt
Political Compass
Pro:Laissez-faire, Cultural Nationalism, Guns, Free speech, Christianity, United Ireland.
Anti:"Progressivism", Abortion, Transgenderism, Socialism, Interventionism, Mass-migration.

User avatar
Marxist Germany
Minister
 
Posts: 2049
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Corporate Bordello

Postby Marxist Germany » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:59 am

OOC: The last attempt failed because the API campaign that I set up was extremely slow due to my forgetting to change the speed from recruitment to WA campaigning. I will be resubmitting this now.
Last edited by Marxist Germany on Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Country represents RL views mostly. Not Marxist anymore.
Author of GA#461, GA#470, GA#477, GA#481, GA#486 (co-author), and SC#295

Ex-delegate of The United Federations; citizen and ex-Senior Senator of 10000 Islands | Gaming User#0721(Discord)
RP name: Germany
The National Factbook (WIP)
Ambassador Klaus Schmidt
Political Compass
Pro:Laissez-faire, Cultural Nationalism, Guns, Free speech, Christianity, United Ireland.
Anti:"Progressivism", Abortion, Transgenderism, Socialism, Interventionism, Mass-migration.

User avatar
Tinhampton
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7208
Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Tinhampton » Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:46 pm

Marxist Germany wrote:OOC: The last attempt failed because the API campaign that I set up was extremely slow due to my forgetting to change the speed from recruitment to WA campaigning. I will be resubmitting this now.

33 approvals won out of 75 needed with about an hour to go. How slow was your telegram campaign this time around?
Last edited by Tinhampton on Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 319,372): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador ~ Achievements
3 SC Resolutions + 0 co-authored:
A: SC#250, Repeal "Liberate Femdom Empire" (87%)
A: SC#251, Commend Alasdair I Frosticus (91%)
A: SC#267, Repeal "Liberate The East Pacific" (90%)

1 GA Resolution + 1 co-authored:
A: GA#484, Disease Naming Compact (54%)
C: GA#491, Rights of the employed (54%)

1 Issue:
C: #1115, One in the Arm for @@LEADER@@?

Cup of Harmony 73 CHAMPIONS

User avatar
Marxist Germany
Minister
 
Posts: 2049
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Corporate Bordello

Postby Marxist Germany » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:15 pm

Tinhampton wrote:
Marxist Germany wrote:OOC: The last attempt failed because the API campaign that I set up was extremely slow due to my forgetting to change the speed from recruitment to WA campaigning. I will be resubmitting this now.

33 approvals won out of 75 needed with about an hour to go. How slow was your telegram campaign this time around?

OOC: I sent a TG to every delegate within 24hrs. I now know that nstg web takes twice as long to campaign and will no longer use it. As to this draft, I'll try one last time in July.
Country represents RL views mostly. Not Marxist anymore.
Author of GA#461, GA#470, GA#477, GA#481, GA#486 (co-author), and SC#295

Ex-delegate of The United Federations; citizen and ex-Senior Senator of 10000 Islands | Gaming User#0721(Discord)
RP name: Germany
The National Factbook (WIP)
Ambassador Klaus Schmidt
Political Compass
Pro:Laissez-faire, Cultural Nationalism, Guns, Free speech, Christianity, United Ireland.
Anti:"Progressivism", Abortion, Transgenderism, Socialism, Interventionism, Mass-migration.

User avatar
Wayneactia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1411
Founded: Aug 01, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Wayneactia » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:13 pm

Marxist Germany wrote:
Tinhampton wrote:33 approvals won out of 75 needed with about an hour to go. How slow was your telegram campaign this time around?

OOC: I sent a TG to every delegate within 24hrs. I now know that nstg web takes twice as long to campaign and will no longer use it. As to this draft, I'll try one last time in July.

There may be a simpler answer here. Perhaps, and I am just floating this, no one is interested in repealing it? I know, I know, crazy talk right?

User avatar
Kenmoria
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6373
Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Corporate Bordello

Postby Kenmoria » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:31 pm

“Given what has transpired in another debating chamber recently, will the bolding of the first words of each clause be removed?”

Marxist Germany wrote:
Tinhampton wrote:33 approvals won out of 75 needed with about an hour to go. How slow was your telegram campaign this time around?

OOC: I sent a TG to every delegate within 24hrs. I now know that nstg web takes twice as long to campaign and will no longer use it. As to this draft, I'll try one last time in July.

(OOC: I never knew that nstg was twice as slow as other methods of campaigning. Was this a result of your specific hardware or does the tool just take longer to telegram people?
A representative democracy with a parliament of 535 seats
Kenmoria is Laissez-Faire on economy but centre-left on social issues
Located in Europe and border France to the right and Spain below
NS stats and policies are not canon, use the factbooks
Not in the WA despite coincidentally following nearly all resolutions
This is due to a problem with how the WA contradicts democracy
However we do have a WA mission and often participate in drafting
Current ambassador: James Lewitt

For more information, read the factbooks here.

User avatar
Gorundu
Envoy
 
Posts: 217
Founded: May 02, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Gorundu » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:53 pm

Wayneactia wrote:
Marxist Germany wrote:OOC: I sent a TG to every delegate within 24hrs. I now know that nstg web takes twice as long to campaign and will no longer use it. As to this draft, I'll try one last time in July.

There may be a simpler answer here. Perhaps, and I am just floating this, no one is interested in repealing it? I know, I know, crazy talk right?

XD...I recall a certain proposal that was passed by a clear majority but ultimately discarded for some wording issues...not sure I want to bring that back out though.
Former Minister of Communications & Minister of World Assembly Affairs of The North Pacific
Posts do not represent my region's views unless stated otherwise.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Denathor

Advertisement

Remove ads