NATION

PASSWORD

(Submitted)AI Workforce Regulation Act

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
De People
Civilian

Founded: Dec 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

(Submitted)AI Workforce Regulation Act

Postby De People » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:44 pm

With the vastly increase in AI technology advancements over the years, automated and User Taught AI, it is starting to become a widespread issue within nations' economies and the workforce within the nation itself.

ACKNOWLEDGE that over the last three years there has been an increase of 25% in AI workers in the workforce of all areas,

REALIZE that AI robots do not have to be paid while the paid humans are being laid off and becoming homeless,

RECOGNIZING that only WA members have to follow approved proposals, it will greatly increase the economy of WA Nations compared to non-WA members,

RECOGNIZE that a nation with strictly AI workers, will not will not only impact the unemployment rate, but the productivity and the economy of the nation,

REGULATE the amount of AI workers allowed in a specific area(s) of work, and

REGULATIONS should be a followed;
(A) The amount of AI worker(s) should never exceed the amount of human worker(s);
(B) Limitations should be based on the Field of Work (FoW) as following;
(i) Medical/Medicine: 1 to 25; Should not replace Doctors/EMS,
(ii) Automotive: 1 to 10,
(iii) Law Enforcement: 1 to 150; Should not replace Field Officers, only desk jobs,
(iv) Fire Dept: 1 to 150; Should not replace Fire Fighters (FF); only used to benefit FF, and
(v) Any Other FoW; 1 to 50
(C) Human workers should NEVER be fired/preferred over AI in a job position

WISHING that this proposal will help growing and mature nations from entering a economic depression, by strictly having only AI workers and every other citizen jobless/homeless.

Honest Thoughts
Last edited by De People on Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:01 pm

(OOC: Welcome to the General Assembly. With these sorts of proposals, there is an issue in that some nations are composed entirely of AIs, and the GA has explicitly granted sapient AIs full rights compared to organic beings in AI Coexistence Protocol.

These sorts of problems could have been pointed out by forum regulars, which is why it is encouraged to draft before submission, rather than after.)
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:04 pm

REALIZE that AI robots do not have to be paid while the paid humans are being laid off and becoming homeless,

What about the maintenance techs, the programmers, and all other support staff? They don’t count? Yes, maybe a few wrench turning jobs are lost in the short term, but in the long term more jobs are gained and productivity in increased. This same argument has been used since time immemorial every time a new technology comes along.

REGULATIONS should be a followed;
(A) The amount of AI worker(s) should never exceed the amount of human worker(s);
(B) Limitations should be based on the Field of Work (FoW) as following;
(i) Medical/Medicine: 1 to 25; Should not replace Doctors/EMS,
(ii) Automotive: 1 to 10,
(iii) Law Enforcement: 1 to 150; Should not replace Field Officers, only desk jobs,
(iv) Fire Dept: 1 to 150; Should not replace Fire Fighters (FF); only used to benefit FF, and
(v) Any Other FoW; 1 to 50
(C) Human workers should NEVER be fired/preferred over AI in a job position

I am curious how you arrived at these arbitrary numbers.
Last edited by Grays Harbor on Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:37 pm

OOC: As a former firefighter, the idea that you want to institute a law that forces firefighters into even more danger than they would otherwise face is...honestly, I can't articulate it without breaking a rule. Appalling is the best I have.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

UniMax
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 07, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby UniMax » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:53 pm

Separatist Peoples wrote:OOC: As a former firefighter, the idea that you want to institute a law that forces firefighters into even more danger than they would otherwise face is...honestly, I can't articulate it without breaking a rule. Appalling is the best I have.

I confused by what you mean. It says "Only to help FF", so AI can be used to assess the situation in hand before FF enter a burning fire for example, I feel it will help more than endanger the Firefighters. That's just how I see it.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011

Postby Separatist Peoples » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:02 pm

UniMax wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:OOC: As a former firefighter, the idea that you want to institute a law that forces firefighters into even more danger than they would otherwise face is...honestly, I can't articulate it without breaking a rule. Appalling is the best I have.

I confused by what you mean. It says "Only to help FF", so AI can be used to assess the situation in hand before FF enter a burning fire for example, I feel it will help more than endanger the Firefighters. That's just how I see it.

OOC: Requiring a ratio cap of inorganic entities to organic entities means that a safer ratio cannot be achieved in the name of...I can't even figure out what. Its pretty clear.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Terttia
Envoy

Founded: Jul 28, 2019
Anarchy

Postby Terttia » Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:09 pm

Probable mistake in red:
De People wrote:(C) Human workers should NEVER be fired/preferred over AI in a job position

Saying that humans shouldn’t be fired/preferred over AI seems self contradictory to me.
“Never was anything great achieved without danger.” -Niccolò Machiavelli

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:16 am

How to waste resources 101

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:50 am

De People wrote:REALIZE that AI robots do not have to be paid while the paid humans are being laid off and becoming homeless,
*<snip>*
The amount of AI worker(s) should never exceed the amount of human worker(s);

"Speciesism!"

Hwa Sue,
Legal Attaché,
Bears Armed Mission to the World Assembly
(and anthropomorphic Giant Panda [male]).
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Terttia
Envoy

Founded: Jul 28, 2019
Anarchy

Postby Terttia » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:45 am

I currently don’t see how this is an international issue. I feel that this is placing unnecessary regulations on member nations.

Also, what if a member nation is entirely composed of AI and such? You would be collapsing the economy to unrecoverable points.
“Never was anything great achieved without danger.” -Niccolò Machiavelli

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:46 am

- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Liberimery
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Liberimery » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:23 am

I’ll do you one better: Just above that is a blanket ban on field work for law enforcement, which means we can no longer send in the robotic Humpty-Dumpty to defuse the bomb but instead must send in the flesh and blood officer. Unlike the bot, if the red wire is cut instead of the blue wire, we can’t put the officer back together again.

Additionally, many nations in the WA may have AI that is fully self-aware as any human meaning that this is legislating into effect a quite literal Jim Crow 2.0.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:17 pm

OOC: I think we have all determined that this is an ill thought out train wreck, one in which the author has not posted since the OP, so maybe just let it sink unless and until they come back.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly