NATION

PASSWORD

Is it worth joining the WA?

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Aterman
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Is it worth joining the WA?

Postby Aterman » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:59 pm

I just want to know if it's worth joining.

Our region has been anti-WA, but it might be a good thing.

Any opinions on it before I reconsider my choice?
Aterman is awesome.

So is my region.

Respect the game and the player.

Kremlinian Russia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kremlinian Russia » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:01 pm

No it isn't unless you're one of the people who take this game seriously lol. If you want to vote in pointless international politics then sure buddy, just ain't for me.
Stalin's hammer on NS
Nation politics reflect real life politics (yes, even the gulags).

"Three keys to success: read, read, read." - V.I. Lenin

A 18 civilization, according to this index. (18 based on my own maths using the formula in the thread, may be wrong).
- Tier 6 Technology
- Level 0 Magic
- Type 4 Influence

The Sheika
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 27, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Sheika » Sat Nov 23, 2019 4:30 pm

Aterman wrote:I just want to know if it's worth joining.

Our region has been anti-WA, but it might be a good thing.

Any opinions on it before I reconsider my choice?

The best way that I can explain it is you will get out of it what you put into it. If you just join for the sake of joining, it will not really be all that meaningful. However, if you plan on joining, taking part in discussions about various proposals, and at some point creating a draft for a proposal of your own, it might just be something that interests you. By joining the WA, some of your nations stats will change to reflect being in compliance with existing resolutions.

A lot of the "action" that takes place is here in the forums where drafts are posted and the merits for or against are laid out for everybody to see. You'll run into all kinds here from the "meh, it doesn't really interest me" to the "I really think we should (insert whatever proposed action here)".
Colonel Johnathan "Jack" Austin, Ambassador to the World Assembly
Department of International Affairs
Militaristic Federation of the Sheika
Regional Delegate of Absolution

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017

Postby Kenmoria » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:49 am

The Sheika wrote:By joining the WA, some of your nations stats will change to reflect being in compliance with existing resolutions.

It should be clarified that this only happens with resolutions passed after one joins the WA, not the summation of all past legislation. In addition to legislation-passing, joining the WA allows participation in R&D, or raiding and defending, which is inter-region military gameplay. I agree that participating in the WA depends on what you want to get out of the game.
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

The Sheika
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 27, 2011

Postby The Sheika » Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:38 am

Kenmoria wrote:It should be clarified that this only happens with resolutions passed after one joins the WA, not the summation of all past legislation. In addition to legislation-passing, joining the WA allows participation in R&D, or raiding and defending, which is inter-region military gameplay. I agree that participating in the WA depends on what you want to get out of the game.
I knew there was a detail that I was leaving out, but couldn't think of it. Thank you for the assist.
Colonel Johnathan "Jack" Austin, Ambassador to the World Assembly
Department of International Affairs
Militaristic Federation of the Sheika
Regional Delegate of Absolution

Borovan entered the region as he
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Borovan entered the region as he » Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:04 pm

It would seem that the WA affects ur stats so if ur ok with ur game categories changed potentially ocassionally and u r into international politics law then u r ok. If u don't opt in u won't get 2 vote but if u won't have to abide by the resolutions if ur rping as a natsov country

Return to General Assembly