NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] WA Standards Act

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Quadrimmina
Minister

Founded: Mar 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] WA Standards Act

Postby Quadrimmina » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:57 pm

The WA Standards Act
International Security -> Signficant

THIS WORLD ASSEMBLY,

UNDERSTANDING the multiple measuring units used in World Assembly nations.

REALIZING that this could provide confusion between World Assembly nations and their citizens when referring to measures, time, or currency exchange.

CREATES the World Assembly Standard Regulation Bureau (SRB), whose purpose is to consolidate the measuring units and currency values used between nations for the purpose of quick conversion.

REQUESTS that all World Assembly nations that wish to have their measuring units of time, distance, length, weight, temperature, energy, current, atomic scale, molecular measurement, and calendar included in the SRB's reports of conversions to submit such information to the SRB.

AUTHORIZES the SRB to enumerate the daily exchange rates between currencies of WA nations.

This is really a rather early draft of the proposal, but I feel like it would be something that a group of nations should either have an international system of units or a way to interconvert between units. I yield the floor.
Sincerely,
Alexandra Kerrigan, Ambassador to the World Assembly from the Republic of Quadrimmina.
National Profile | Ambassadorial Profile | Quadrimmina Gazette-Post | Protect, Free, Restore: UDL

Authored:
GA#111 (Medical Research Ethics Act)
SC#28 (Commend Sionis Prioratus)
GA#197 (Banning Extrajudicial Transfer)

Co-authored:
GA#110 (Identity Theft Prevention Act)
GA#171 (Freedom in Medical Research)
GA#196 (Freedom of Information Act)

Haalstad
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Haalstad » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:00 pm

Didn't we just pass a similar proposal?

Quadrimmina
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Quadrimmina » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:18 pm

OoC: See, I couldve sworn we did! But I couldn't find it in the list! I guess I'm just stupid lol.

IC: The Republic of Quadrimmina withdraws this proposal with apology.
Sincerely,
Alexandra Kerrigan, Ambassador to the World Assembly from the Republic of Quadrimmina.
National Profile | Ambassadorial Profile | Quadrimmina Gazette-Post | Protect, Free, Restore: UDL

Authored:
GA#111 (Medical Research Ethics Act)
SC#28 (Commend Sionis Prioratus)
GA#197 (Banning Extrajudicial Transfer)

Co-authored:
GA#110 (Identity Theft Prevention Act)
GA#171 (Freedom in Medical Research)
GA#196 (Freedom of Information Act)

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:23 am

Not to worry honoured ambassador: I think there are lots of other standards like nation codes that should be considered only if there was really a category for that, but unfortunately some standards can only work in role-play since some could be illegal for changing game mechanics.

Return to General Assembly