NATION

PASSWORD

Healthcare Resolution

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Thunderous Doliporath
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Healthcare Resolution

Postby Thunderous Doliporath » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:42 pm

Hello, please approve my WA Resolution to provide affordable healthcare, and in a better way than USA's debates about it!

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:30 pm

Affordable Healthcare and Health Insurance Act
Category: Health AoE: Healthcare

Hereby acknowledging the expense of healthcare as one that not everyone may be able to afford, and hereby reducing the price of healthcare with low cost for taxpayers and the private sector unless absolutely necessary.

Article I
Hereby defining "healthcare" as the process of caring for one in case of serious injury, and defining "health insurance"as companies that citizens pay to recieve currency to pay for medical bills.

Article II
Hereby Reducing all World Assembly Nations' healthcare and health insurance by 25% and 40% respectively.

Article III
Acknowledging the effects of Article II as a means to reduce healthcare costs and, if still unaffordable, reduced health insurance prices to allow a medical bill reduction through Article I's definition of health insurance.

Article IV
Hereby allowing, if citizens are federal employees, a World Assembly nation's government to pay for health insurance if requested, and said government required to pay for greater than 50% of the federal employee's medical bill.

Article V
Hereby recognizing that while prices are reduced, not everyone can afford healthcare or health insurance or both.

Hereby providing universally reduced healthcare and health insurance prices to all World Assembly Nations.

(OOC: Welcome to the General Assembly. This is an excellent first draft, though it should have been drafted on the forums first. For example, article II doesn’t take into account healthcare insurance that is already very low, or that is so high this makes little difference. For that reason, I encourage you to withdraw the proposal and post a draft here.)
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Bananaistan
Senator

Founded: Apr 20, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bananaistan » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:36 am

OOC: I've marked this illegal in respect of contradiction of GAR#97 Quality in Health Services. Article IV contradicts the provision in GAR#97 which allows member nations to allow private sector involvement in their health sector entirely at their own discretion.

... federal ...

NS =/= RL and RL =/= USA. Most nations are not organised on a federal basis and federal is not synonymous with national.

Article II percentages are meaningless. Reduce what healthcare by 25%? The cost? Or maybe reduce the entire healthcare budget by 25%, or close quarter of the hospitals, sack quarter of the employees?
Delegation of the People's Republic of Bananaistan to the World Assembly
Head of delegation and the Permanent Representative: Comrade Ambassador Theodorus "Ted" Hornwood
General Assistant and Head of Security: Comrade Watchman Brian of Tarth
There was the Pope and John F. Kennedy and Jack Charlton and the three of them were staring me in the face.
Ideological Bulwark #281
THIS

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:50 am

New Affordable Healthcare And Health Insurance Act

A resolution to modify universal standards of healthcare.

Category: Health

Area of Effect: Healthcare

Proposed by: Thunderous Doliporath

This act will hereby reduce the prices of healthcare and health insurance without cost to taxpayers.

Article I
Hereby defines “healthcare” as any and all treatments for any and all serious injuries. Also hereby defines “health insurance” as companies that compensate citizens of any World Assembly nation in order to cover their medical bills. Further defining “serious injuries as anything proclaimed by a licensed doctor very harmful or life threatening.

Article II
Hereby reduces healthcare and health insurance prices by 25% and 40% respectively.

Article III
Acknowledging that the private sector may be the benefactor of paying the medical bills of any World Assembly nation’s citizens if they wish it so, in accordance with World Assembly law.

Article IV
Requiring at least 35% of federal employee medical bills to be paid by the government of any World Assembly nation, and requiring that all federal employees have health insurance of any health insurance plan they wish.

Article V
Requiring health insurance companies to allow ALL health insurance plans to cover ALL serious injuries.

Article VI
Acknowledging that while Articles II through V help in lower medical expenses, not everyone can afford healthcare or health insurance or both.

Hereby providing less expensive healthcare and health insurance services for all World Assembly nations.

OOC: Resubmitted, with little substantive change. Please do not resubmit again until this has undergone significant drafting, because as this currently stands it is simplistic and naive. I will remind you, as has been done previously, NS =/= US
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:57 am

OOC
The 'Healthcare' area-of-effect improves public health by increasing government spending on the matter. It is doubtful whether this proposal does either of those things.
Last edited by Bears Armed on Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Return to General Assembly