NATION

PASSWORD

border security proposal

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Pajaritos
Secretary

Founded: Apr 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

border security proposal

Postby Pajaritos » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:06 pm

i ask you great nations and regions alike will you back my proposal
even make changes if necessary please help me improve this proposal

observation
It is in everyone's best interest if they would be a cap put on how many imigrants are allowed into each nation. This would help your economy grow you dont have to take on an on slot of imirgrants and you would be able to secure your already growing population.I also believe that if this is not done that your economy will suffer greatly depending on how well it is doing right now .

concern
Every nation has its own right to reject people if their nation can not handle it because they nation has trouble already trying to keep up with their already growing population.

Category: international security | Strength: strong

Border security

1. Imigrants rights

a) imigrants cannot be denied into another nation because of color, creed, and sexual orientation because

b) if imigrants have been living in said country that they were not a citizen of for over a year they
may apply for residency in that country then citizenship
2. Nations

a) Every nation shall agree on a cap. That is reasonable to both nations on how many imigrants are allowed to cross the border into the other nation. no matter population density they must come to some agreement

b) Security will be handled by both nations in a combined effort, to halt the flow to imigrants coming over from other nations.

2. Identification

a) Everyone will be issued to forms of id a national id issued by their country of residence.

3. Admittance to move from nation of residence

a) If they wish to move out of the country they are citizen of. The government must first check the cap agreement that was agreed upon by both nations.

b) Person wanting to leave must file for a special visa, allowing them to move to another region

4. Capture

a) If any one is caught in another nation without the proper paper work and id they will be put in prison.

b) Punished to the full extent of that countries law

c) Deported back to their country of residence to be put on trail
Last edited by Pajaritos on Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:38 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Poree
Envoy

Founded: Feb 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Poree » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:24 pm

Might I suggest you pass it through a spell checker and grammer checker. There are some interesting errors in the proposal.
Sarah Woodman
Representative of The Empire of Poree
Regional Delegate

Pajaritos
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Pajaritos » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:29 pm

i did just now wil you back me on this

Krioval
Minister

Founded: Jan 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:51 pm

Gah! The translator has been turned up too loud a volume, it seems. Would it be possible for the author to speak a but more softly?

Aleksei-kan Volkov
Imperial Chiefdom of Krioval

Panism
Attaché

Founded: Apr 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Panism » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:56 pm

Can you make the font smaller? It's quite difficult to read when the font is huge and the size changes within different ideas.

EDIT: I believe this is what Krioval was talking about.
Last edited by Panism on Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Should I, Panism, fall... Then that is my own sought answer...?
Is there such injustice that even I, Panism, cannot solve...?
Who knows... Everything is a mystery and can be in a different perspective...
Join GECA, a region that will soon thrive...
Description: It's a GECA thing you would not understand.
Founder: The Holy Empire of The Unholy Jamesonite
WA Delegate: The Holy Empire of Panism (ME!)
Thank you for reading this spoiler
* /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
l、゙ ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:25 pm

Pajaritos wrote: i ask you great nations and regions alike will you back my proposal and even make changes if necessary
[u]observation
I believe its in everyone's best interest if they would be a cap put on how many emigrants were allowed in tho each nation. this would help your economy because you get over populated and you would be able to secure your already big population.I also believe that if this not done that your economy will suffer greatly depending on how well it is doing right now
concern i feel that each nation has its own right to reject people if there nation can not handle the strain
[b]concern
every nation has a right to protect its own borders

Why? You give no reason for this other than "I say so".

Pajaritos wrote: [b]Border security

1. emigrants rights
a) emigrants cannot be allowed denial into another nation because of color, creed, and sexual orientation

Allowed denial? That is just so backwards and makes no sense.

Pajaritos wrote:2. border nations
a)each nation that is border by another shall agree on a cap. That is reasonable to both nations on how many emigrants are allowed to cross the border into the other nation.

For what reason?

Pajaritos wrote:b)Security will be handled by both nations in a combined effort, to halt the flow to illegal emigrants coming over.

Not every nation has "illegal immigrants. You are making unsupported assumptions.

Pajaritos wrote:3. non bordering nations
a)each nation will come to an international agreement of a cap. On how many emigrants are allowed to come to their country.

You already said this once. Why the duplication? It doesn’t matter whether they are bordering or non bordering when you put the identical conditions on them.

Pajaritos wrote:b)Again security will be handled by both nations, but to a larger extent since the distance is greater.

Again, unnecessary duplication. Says the same thing as before.

Pajaritos wrote:4. identification
a) everyone will be issued to forms of id a national id issued by their country of residence.

That’s kinda up to each country, not something that needs WA micromanagement.

Pajaritos wrote:b) a passport showing that they are allowed to travel out of the country,

Already covered by Resolution #76 – Standardized Passport Act. Useless and illegal duplication.

Pajaritos wrote:5. admittance to move from nation of residence

This makes no sense.

Pajaritos wrote:a) If they wish to move out of the country they are citizen of. The government must first check the cap agreement that was agreed upon by both nations.

Micromanagement.

Pajaritos wrote:b) person wanting to leave must file for a special visa, allowing them to move to another region

Micromanagement.

Pajaritos wrote:c) also have a valid reason for leaving

Bloody stupid.

Pajaritos wrote:6. capture

a) if any one is caught in another nation without the proper paper work and id they will be put in prison

b) punished to the full extent of that countries law

b) deported back to their country of residence to be put on trail for attempt to flee the country illegally

What?

Bottom line. The WA has no pressing need to mandate who may or may not immigrate or emigrate. Not every nation is alike, nor do all nations have illegal immigration problems, nor does every nation have identical population densities. All in all, this is not something which we believe really requires addressing by the WA.
Last edited by Grays Harbor on Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Enn
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 26, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Enn » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:00 pm

Please make sure you understand the differences between 'migrants', 'immigrants' and 'emigrants'. They are all real words, so a simply spell-checker won't catch them. But they mean different things. At the moment, your proposal is very unclear as to what you're talking about.
I know what gay science is.
Reploid Productions wrote:The World Assembly as a whole terrifies me!
Pythagosaurus wrote:You are seriously deluded about the technical competence of the average human.

Panism
Attaché

Founded: Apr 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Panism » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:36 pm

Please fix some of the grammar in the proposal and it's "Border", not "Boder"
Capitalize what is needed and such, thanks
Should I, Panism, fall... Then that is my own sought answer...?
Is there such injustice that even I, Panism, cannot solve...?
Who knows... Everything is a mystery and can be in a different perspective...
Join GECA, a region that will soon thrive...
Description: It's a GECA thing you would not understand.
Founder: The Holy Empire of The Unholy Jamesonite
WA Delegate: The Holy Empire of Panism (ME!)
Thank you for reading this spoiler
* /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
l、゙ ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:12 pm

"Another useless piece of crap proposal. Do we really need the WA regulating immigration, emigration and migration within it's member nations? Seriously this should be left up to individual member nations."
Mr. Antuan D. Flaberghast
10th Level Diplomat
Shazbotdom Ambassador to the WA
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 2 - 0 WSH | COL 1 - 1 WPG | VGK 2 - 0 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 2 OKC (1)
NCAA MBB: Tulane 22-19 | LSU 26-16 || NCAA WSB: LSU 35-11

Enn
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 26, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Enn » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:06 am

Shazbotdom wrote:"Another useless piece of crap proposal. Do we really need the WA regulating immigration, emigration and migration within it's member nations? Seriously this should be left up to individual member nations."
Mr. Antuan D. Flaberghast
10th Level Diplomat
Shazbotdom Ambassador to the WA

On the contrary, Mr. Flaberghast. Migration certainly fits the concept of an international matter, by definition. Whilst this particular draft is not something I could ever support, the topic itself is certainly of international importance.

Stephanie Fulton,
WA Ambassador for Enn
I know what gay science is.
Reploid Productions wrote:The World Assembly as a whole terrifies me!
Pythagosaurus wrote:You are seriously deluded about the technical competence of the average human.

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:46 am

Emigration is actually a topic I am currently working on with Statelessness. Immigration, on the other hand, is kind of a grey area to address and although I am not opposed fully to a resolution regarding immigration it would be a subject that may not satisfy all nations because on one hand we generally allow everyone into our country, while some other member state may not want to allow anyone in for many reasons such as jobs or overpopulation (refugees are the exception: they should be welcomed with open hands in my opinion). Emigration is different because generally stopping anyone from leaving a country regardless of status could be compared to "unjust arrest" (sic).

Currently I think the WA has address all known problems regarding Immigration (refugees, standard passports) to date. not that I am saying there can't be one in the future as society does change.

Yours etc,

Freeoplis
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 18, 2009
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Freeoplis » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:56 pm

We would seek to maintain discretion at our borders and with regards to citizenship procedures and therefore cannot support such a proposal.
The Republic of Freeoplis
Region of Absolution

Pajaritos
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Pajaritos » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:22 pm

so what can i do to get you back my proposal

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly