NATION

PASSWORD

[LAST CALL] Drone Regulation Act

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Youssath
Envoy

Founded: Jul 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Youssath » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:44 am

Marxist Germany wrote:OOC: GP does not belong here.

Ignore him, MG. He can go ahead and bash all he wants, but I am not going to add even a single comma for him.

Araraukar wrote:-snip-

I read your reasoning. Seems quite reasonable since my original draft was almost somewhat that I was trying to strive for (and failed miserably as I got called out for micromanaging :P). There are a few stuff that I will be addressing with your reasoning soon, but until then I will need to put out some flames in the WA before attending to this shortly. Most notably, its clause 2. (since sapients can be injured badly given the circumstances here, think of it as an elderly woman on a bicycle and a fit strong man on a bicycle as well. If both of them fall, how does this clause interpret this? The man will be fine, but the elderly woman could be seriously injured as a result of the collision)

Other than that, not much issues raised. I will leave this up for further discussion while I reply to your reasoning appropriately. Thanks a lot Araraukar!

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:19 pm

Youssath wrote:think of it as an elderly woman on a bicycle and a fit strong man on a bicycle as well. If both of them fall, --- The man will be fine, but the elderly woman could be seriously injured as a result of the collision

OOC: More than half asleep, but most "people getting hurt hilariously" videos suggest that the man got more seriously hurt because he tried to jump his bicycle over three of his mates riding down a cardboard ramp from the roof of his or his parents' house... :lol:
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

East Meranopirus
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby East Meranopirus » Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:59 am

Araraukar wrote:Because the mere mention wasn't doing anything, like I pointed out three or four times. Just saying X does Y does not actually make Y happen, unless you spell Y out. The effect is still there in #5, it just doesn't mention the committee by name. Even before the regulations only applied to the drones themselves, not the drone users, which doesn't make much sense. Part of the effect is shared with #4, which is mandatory, in that the flight plan requirements etc. are now enforced with criminality for ignoring them. Precedent suggests that the flight plans would have to follow existing laws (both national and international) to be viable.

It's also possible that the resolution that established the committee and its guidelines (EDIT: Do the guidelines actually exist? What resolution creates them?) was repealed, in which case this one would be left with a tyrannical committee free to decide whatever it wanted as guidelines, and many people (myself included) detest such use of committees. So as the committee was doing more harm than good, any mentions of it were removed without removing the main effects.

There's also GA #342 to cope with.

Then perhaps the committee could be mandated to create these guidelines? Or if committees aren't preferable, then nations themselves can be mandated to create the guidelines? I think of these guidelines as more for drone manufacturers, rather than users.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:30 am

OOC: In bed with migraine can't look at mobile screen for long, but there's no reason for the committee and vague or unexplained guidelines will do more harm than good. This should focus on the USE regulation anyway, manufacturing regs would be micromanagement.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:58 am

“The semicolon in clause 3 should be a comma.”
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Previous

Return to General Assembly