NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Bureaucratic and Entrepreneurial Freedom Act

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Mersdon
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] Bureaucratic and Entrepreneurial Freedom Act

Postby Mersdon » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:46 pm

Hey everyone! This is a proposal I thought up recently but didn't bother to put down to paper until now. This is my first WA proposal in either chamber, so if you have any feedback, I'd love to hear it! Here goes:

Category: Advancement of Industry/Commercial Enterprise | Strength: Mild
The General Assembly:

CONDEMNING the large amount of documentation necessary for most enterprises to function, much of which is redundant (e.g. requiring hospital patients to fill out forms that they most likely filled out with the same, or similar, information on their last visit);

DETERMINING that although such redundancy does have its benefits in safeguarding consumer rights and the finances/safety of those involved, it creates less enthusiasm for customers and clients to go conduct business with the entities that need their business the most;

OBSERVING that filling out and recording such paperwork is a major drain on companies and people alike, feeds stress and anger, and is a general waste of time;

BELIEVING that this frustration, and most red tape in general, can be avoided with a streamlined bureaucracy,

REALIZING that if the unnecessary mounds of paperwork needed to do business today were slashed tomorrow, it would save many governments large sums of money in salaries, upkeep, and permit them to use those funds for other purposes;

RECOGNIZING that cutting any unnecessary red tape like redundant patient forms would stimulate entrepreneurial growth, create more jobs, and contribute to a healthy economy and society;

- REQUESTS that all WA members simplify their tax codes to suit small businesses and corporate entities alike (in making it easier to understand, simpler to fill out, and better to record);

- ASKS that all WA members allow medical institutions, companies, and government agencies to use previously given information, unless otherwise indicated, to preserve the sanity of the entity and the legal rights of the customer;

- ORDERS all WA members to begin digitizing and filing their corporate records and files for retrieval by the companies in question;

- ORDERS all WA members to set aside funds for incentivizing economic growth, in order to capitalize on this planned reduction of red tape; and

-REQUESTS that all WA members provide a safety net for potentially affected consumers in the form of a public trust fund.
[floatright]
Does a French cowboy say ouihaw?

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Also, I may be inactive at times, so please bear with my erratic schedule on here.

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:15 pm

“This is a good proposal, especially for a first-time delegation. I have a few points though; firstly, are you intending for your ‘requests’ and ‘asks’ clauses to be mandatory or optional? Those opening verbs to me imply optionality, but they seem core to the proposal so could be supposed to be compulsory. Assuming your first active clause is mandatory, what about nations whose tax codes are already simplified?

The digitisation clause may pose some problems for governments that have not yet developed access to the internet, which is a significant percentage given the many time frames in which the General Assembly operates. Overall however, this is a good concept.”
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:26 pm

Mersdon wrote:REALIZING that if the unnecessary mounds of paperwork needed to do business today were slashed tomorrow, it would save many governments large sums of money in salaries, upkeep, and permit them to use those funds for other purposes;

OOC: Why does this make me think of Brexit? :P

Other than that I'll get back to this properly later (I agree with what Kenmoria said about the Internet access though), likely tomorrow evening, but the requirements for simplification are going to contradict helluva lot of existing resolutions that require report making and record-keeping or at least give the nations the right to do so.

Also, if you're pro-commercial stuff with this, why are you including healthcare as an example in the preamble? And also you need to re-fill the forms because health is not an inmutable thing. Like two years ago I didn't know I was allergic to not one but two anti-fungal medicines. I would suggest removing that clause entirely.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Return to General Assembly