NATION

PASSWORD

[CLOSED] Bullet Train Standard Act

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Emishin
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 15, 2018
Ex-Nation

[CLOSED] Bullet Train Standard Act

Postby Emishin » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:58 pm

Good Morning all!
I'm interested to make a proposal for General Assembly about public transportation as my area of concern but I need you're helping to develop my ideas on proposal draft.

Bullet Train Standard Act
Category: Advancement of Industry || Area Effect: Commercial Enterprise
UNDERSTANDS the bullet train as a major influential public transportation in a nation

REDEFINING bullet train is the special public transportation that travels on rails at speeds of more than 250 km/h

World Assembly hereby;

RECOGNIZES the development of local bullet train technologies in each member state of the World Assembly

RECOGNIZES the distinctive characteristics of local bullet train development in each nation

REGULATES the bullet train passenger safety standards based on geographical studies and environmental impact in each national policy of member states

ESTABLISHING the Bullet Train Development & Safety Forum

FORBIDS WA members to copy prototypes of bullet trains with each other without clear agreements

SETS the standard bullet train system with the following:
  1. Use international standard gauge
  2. Adequate electrical system of more than 25% of normal conditions
  3. Integrate safety system with others
  4. Insure permanent and honorary employees
  5. Provides normal work time limit according to a national standard in each nation

MAINTAINS the bullet train system regularly according to the operational standards of each member

if there is a suggestion, I am very happy to receive it from you.
Last edited by Emishin on Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:01 pm

Could you explain what problem this proposal is meant to solve?
Last edited by Imperium Anglorum on Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Emishin
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Emishin » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:06 pm

Imperium Anglorum wrote:Could you explain what problem this proposal is meant to solve?

previously, I received critic and suggestion from the secretariat regarding the use of the word "use international standard gauge" which would lead to metagaming. can you give me a suggestion, what should I change from that sentence?

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:08 pm

Emishin wrote:Good Morning all!
I'm interested to make a proposal for General Assembly about public transportation as my area of concern but I need you're helping to develop my ideas on proposal draft.

UNDERSTANDS the bullet train as a major influential public transportation in a nation

REDEFINING bullet train is the special public transportation that travels on rails at speeds of more than 250 km/h

World Assembly hereby;

RECOGNIZES the development of local bullet train technologies in each member state of the World Assembly

RECOGNIZES the distinctive characteristics of local bullet train development in each nation

REGULATES the bullet train passenger safety standards based on geographical studies and environmental impact in each national policy of member states

FORBIDS WA members to copy prototypes of bullet trains with each other without clear agreements

5. Provides normal work time limit according to a national standard in each nation

MAINTAINS the bullet train system regularly according to the operational standards of each member

Does this refer to extremely fast conventional trains or maglev trains only?
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Emishin
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Emishin » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:13 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:

World Assembly hereby;

Does this refer to extremely fast conventional trains or maglev trains only?

in general this refers to both of which in general rail transportation that runs at speeds exceeding 250 km/h (irl: 200 km/h) is categorized as a bullet train/High-speed train

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:31 pm

World Assembly hereby;

Also, I feel like I know you from somewhere, considering the timing of this bill...
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Emishin
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Emishin » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:35 pm

World Assembly hereby;

Also, I feel like I know you from somewhere, considering the timing of this bill...

I'm from ASEAN REGION btw, who is it beside me ??

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:37 pm

Emishin wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Also, I feel like I know you from somewhere, considering the timing of this bill...

I'm from ASEAN REGION btw, who is it beside me ??

Alright, I'll make this simple: what country do you come from IRL? Because I think I might know you IRL based on the timing of this bill.
Please Watch

Emishin
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Emishin » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:39 pm

Emishin wrote:I'm from ASEAN REGION btw, who is it beside me ??

Alright, I'll make this simple: what country do you come from IRL? Because I think I might know you IRL based on the timing of this bill.

I'm from Indonesia who loves Japan likes other Indonesian boys. what the meaning of based on the timing of this bill ?
Last edited by Emishin on Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:41 pm

Emishin wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Alright, I'll make this simple: what country do you come from IRL? Because I think I might know you IRL based on the timing of this bill.

I'm from Indonesia who loves Japan likes other Indonesian boys. what the meaning of based on the timing of this bill ?

Oh nothing, I was just recently in a competition regarding forms of transport over here in Britain and we had a bullet train idea that lost to...bike people who couldn't figure out basic mathematics, so that, basically.
Please Watch

Emishin
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Emishin » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:43 pm

Emishin wrote:I'm from Indonesia who loves Japan likes other Indonesian boys. what the meaning of based on the timing of this bill ?

Oh nothing, I was just recently in a competition regarding forms of transport over here in Britain and we had a bullet train idea that lost to...bike people who couldn't figure out basic mathematics, so that, basically.

well well friend .... So, is there a recommendation from you regarding the use of international gauge standards on my proposal ?
Last edited by Emishin on Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:45 pm

Emishin wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Oh nothing, I was just recently in a competition regarding forms of transport over here in Britain and we had a bullet train idea that lost to...bike people who couldn't figure out basic mathematics, so that, basically.

well well friend .... So, is there a recommendation from you regarding the use of international gauge standards on my proposal ?

Not really. Our team was too busy figuring out the economics of the idea rather than the engineering. Can't help with that I'm afraid.
Please Watch

Emishin
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Emishin » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:47 pm

Emishin wrote:well well friend .... So, is there a recommendation from you regarding the use of international gauge standards on my proposal ?

Not really. Our team was too busy figuring out the economics of the idea rather than the engineering. Can't help with that I'm afraid.

That's okay. I'm still trying to think about other idea

Emishin
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Emishin » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:54 pm

How if I change "Use international standard gauge" with "the use of an international gauge is determined based on the safety standards of each member state" ?

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:57 pm

Emishin wrote:How if I change "Use international standard gauge" with "the use of an international gauge is determined based on the safety standards of each member state" ?

It's not an international gauge then, isn't it?
Please Watch

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:00 pm

“To me, this seems very much like micromanagement. The General Assembly, as a body, deals with issues that either cross international boundaries, affect a great deal of member nations in a severe way, or concern a case of fundamental human rights. Bullet trains do not seem to meet any of those criteria. Though they make international journeys, they are not intrinsically trans-national.

It seems to me that bullet train regulations, and train regulations in general, are a problem with which there is not much danger in letting member nations decide for themselves.”
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Emishin
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Emishin » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:03 pm

Emishin wrote:How if I change "Use international standard gauge" with "the use of an international gauge is determined based on the safety standards of each member state" ?

It's not an international gauge then, isn't it?

so, what ? what if I change it to the use of track gauge for bullet train based on standard gauge for transport safety in each nation.

Emishin
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Emishin » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:09 pm

Kenmoria wrote:“To me, this seems very much like micromanagement. The General Assembly, as a body, deals with issues that either cross international boundaries, affect a great deal of member nations in a severe way, or concern a case of fundamental human rights. Bullet trains do not seem to meet any of those criteria. Though they make international journeys, they are not intrinsically trans-national.

It seems to me that bullet train regulation, and train regulations in general, are a problem with which there is not much danger in letting member nations decide for themselves.”

Thank you for your opinion. however, this proposal was actually made with the aim of protecting the development of bullet train technology in each WA member nation and any matters concerning the safety of passengers in it. so that each country does not arbitrarily build rapid mass transportation without a clear basis, more or less like that.

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Postby Kenmoria » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:15 pm

Emishin wrote:
Kenmoria wrote:“To me, this seems very much like micromanagement. The General Assembly, as a body, deals with issues that either cross international boundaries, affect a great deal of member nations in a severe way, or concern a case of fundamental human rights. Bullet trains do not seem to meet any of those criteria. Though they make international journeys, they are not intrinsically trans-national.

It seems to me that bullet train regulation, and train regulations in general, are a problem with which there is not much danger in letting member nations decide for themselves.”

Thank you for your opinion. however, this proposal was actually made with the aim of protecting the development of bullet train technology in each WA member nation and any matters concerning the safety of passengers in it. so that each country does not arbitrarily build rapid mass transportation without a clear basis, more or less like that.

(OOC: Bullet train technology is not an international requirement for successful nations, nor is it something that is of great importance to the world. There simply isn’t a need for the GA to legislate on such a narrow and, compared to broad and sweeping pieces of legislation, rare issue.)
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Emishin
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Emishin » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:23 pm

Kenmoria wrote:
Emishin wrote:

(OOC: Bullet train technology is not an international requirement for successful nations, nor is it something that is of great importance to the world. There simply isn’t a need for the GA to legislate on such a narrow and, compared to broad and sweeping pieces of legislation, rare issue.)

thank you for the information provided. maybe I will try another proposal. if so, I will also close this proposal soon

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Postby Kenmoria » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:29 pm

Emishin wrote:
Kenmoria wrote:(OOC: Bullet train technology is not an international requirement for successful nations, nor is it something that is of great importance to the world. There simply isn’t a need for the GA to legislate on such a narrow and, compared to broad and sweeping pieces of legislation, rare issue.)

thank you for the information provided. maybe I will try another proposal. if so, I will also close this proposal soon

(OOC: I’m sorry it didn’t work out for you this time. The legislative text was quite good, in terms of looking like a proposal, and I hope to see you about in these forums later.)
My pronouns are he/him.

Emishin
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Emishin » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:05 pm

Kenmoria wrote:
Emishin wrote:

(OOC: I’m sorry it didn’t work out for you this time. The legislative text was quite good, in terms of looking like a proposal, and I hope to see you about in these forums later.)

No problem because I'm still learning about this and hopes could develop my proposal style at other times. Thank you very much Kenmoria, Imperium Anglorum and the World Capitalist Confederation who interested in my proposal ;-D

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:30 pm

Emishin wrote:
Imperium Anglorum wrote:Could you explain what problem this proposal is meant to solve?

previously, I received critic and suggestion from the secretariat regarding the use of the word "use international standard gauge" which would lead to metagaming. can you give me a suggestion, what should I change from that sentence?

I believe that BA means that the phrase implies the preexistence of an international standard gauge. But in NS, there exists no such thing. Such a gauge would either have to be established by resolution or by committee.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Emishin
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Emishin » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:38 pm

Imperium Anglorum wrote:
Emishin wrote:previously, I received critic and suggestion from the secretariat regarding the use of the word "use international standard gauge" which would lead to metagaming. can you give me a suggestion, what should I change from that sentence?

I believe that BA means that the phrase implies the preexistence of an international standard gauge. But in NS, there exists no such thing. Such a gauge would either have to be established by resolution or by committee.

oh, thank you, Anglorum!! I think have a new idea for my next proposal. maybe in a few days before I post it again on this subforum

Radimostan
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 13, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Radimostan » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:45 am

I would like to add that we should limit the number of WA agencies. So instead of establishing the Bullet Train Development & Safety Forum, you could use the International Transport Safety Committee (ITSC).

Link to the list of existing WA agencies: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=437605&hilit

THE IN-CHARACTER NAME IS RADITIA, NOT RADIMOSTAN

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly