NATION

PASSWORD

I believe its done. I'm very passionate about this.

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Deugaw
Secretary

Founded: May 19, 2019
Ex-Nation

I believe its done. I'm very passionate about this.

Postby Deugaw » Tue May 21, 2019 12:32 pm

In order to see about the preservation of historical and cultural significance, this proposal will:

PROVIDE
-Lower taxes for religious institutions and tribal sacred ground (P:1)
-Weatherproof building materials for exhibits and displays in high storm areas (P:2)

INDUCE:
-A sense of pride through communities with educational programs that teach about sentimental value and historical places in their community. (I:1)

ENFORCE:
-Harsher punishments for vandals that destroy culturally significant places or items (E:1)
-A deforestation tax for logging industries----(read P:1) (E:2)
-Government regulations on the demolishing of historical buildings (E:3)

Finished: May 21, 2019 at 3:14 PM
Maybe I’m crazy, or maybe I just need carbs. You don’t know me.

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Tue May 21, 2019 12:54 pm

(OOC: Welcome to the General Assembly. It is good that you have put the proposal on the GA forum, but that is a step that should occur before, ideally by months or weeks, the submission. I encourage you to withdraw your legislation so that it can be worked on by the players who dwell here.

For instance, your proposal is currently in violation of the real world reference rule, as you reference real life dates. Although you can mention units such as years, remember that GA nations are in many different timeframes, so you can’t just refer to the actual date. Secondly, you should write ‘this resolution’ rather than ‘this proposal’, and write in the present tense. Proposals are supposed to be written such that they are laws occurring now, in the future.

In the future, you can check the rules here. It also could be good to check through some passed proposals here. Finally, please don’t write in such large text, normal size will do.)
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Sierra Lyricalia
Senator

Founded: Nov 29, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sierra Lyricalia » Tue May 21, 2019 2:12 pm

OOC: Welcome to the World Assembly! In addition to the advice in the above post, please note that your proposal is currently illegal: you don't have a clause that actually instructs member states to carry any of these things out. That may seem like a very nitpicky technical quibble, but it's important for a proposal to set out exactly who must do what in order to carry it out. Right now you have the aspirational "this proposal will..." instead of a commanding "Member states must..."

I'll reiterate that done well, this process takes weeks to months for most people. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Good luck!
Principal-Agent, Anarchy; Squadron Admiral [fmr], The Red Fleet
The Semi-Honorable Leonid Berkman Pavonis
Author: 354 GA / Issues 436, 451, 724
Ambassador Pro Tem
Tech Level: Complicated (or not: 7/0/6 i.e. 12) / RP Details
Jerk, Ideological Deviant, Roach, MT Army stooge, & "red [who] do[es]n't read" (various)
Illustrious Bum #279

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Wed May 22, 2019 7:44 am

Also, this bit
Lower taxes for religious institutions and tribal sacred ground (P:1)
would be illegal for Contradiction of an existing resolution: The WA currently isn't allowed to interfere with member nations' domestic taxation.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Return to General Assembly