NATION

PASSWORD

Ideas for General Assembly Proposals

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Makko Oko
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 20, 2018
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Makko Oko » Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:22 pm

I was thinking of creating something similar to GAR # 532 "International Radio Standards Act", whereas I tackle mobile phones and their carriers to attempt to create an international standard of prefixes and maybe even potentially create some enforced protections such as mandatory ability to call emergency services without your phone having to be unlocked first, or maybe I can create a standard of phone numbers that all WA member nations use.

Let me know what you think of my idea and I can potentially draft something regarding it.
OBC Current News: First-Ever Anti-Terrorism Act Enacted | Emperor launches plans to expand trade | Danika Hicks Case: NOT GUILTY VERDICT! Court rules 3-2
Information:
IIWiki Factbooks
NS Factbooks

NOTE: This nation does not reflect my real beliefs in any way, shape or form

To What End
Political Columnist

Founded: May 18, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby To What End » Wed May 04, 2022 11:02 pm

Makko Oko wrote:I was thinking of creating something similar to GAR # 532 "International Radio Standards Act", whereas I tackle mobile phones and their carriers to attempt to create an international standard of prefixes and maybe even potentially create some enforced protections such as mandatory ability to call emergency services without your phone having to be unlocked first, or maybe I can create a standard of phone numbers that all WA member nations use.

Let me know what you think of my idea and I can potentially draft something regarding it.

That sounds like a good proposal, but would you be able to fit all of that into one, or would it need be split into multiple?

United Nation of Eire
Civilian

Founded: May 14, 2022
Ex-Nation

[Draft] It is finally time to end prohibition

Postby United Nation of Eire » Sat May 14, 2022 8:27 pm

1. Legalise all illicit substances from Heroin to Cannabis for those aged 21 and over
2. Government controls and regulates substances, testing, selling etc
3. Added tax may be used to set up harm reduce centre's and counselling for addicts

It’s finally time, the war on drugs has been fought relentlessly since the 60’s. Six decades later and even during a world wide lockdown due to a pandemic the Drugs are still winning the war. It’s time to abolish the black market for drugs, de-stigmatise drug addicts, seek evidence base interventions and prevent non-violent people from harsh prison sentences. Over six decades of fighting drugs hasn’t made improvements for the public so it’s time to try a method which gives adults autonomy.

Please let me know your thoughts!
Last edited by United Nation of Eire on Sun May 15, 2022 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Attack Helicopter
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 29, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Attack Helicopter » Sun May 15, 2022 5:54 am

Would a resolution about creating a global seed vault (like the one in Svalbard) be neccesary?
THE UNITED STATES OF ATTACK HELICOPTER
"To be honest, it's only one state -- well, helicopter. -- Pilot James Smith
One AH-64 Apache piloted by a guy named James Smith and co-piloted by another guy named Peter Williams, who also acts as a gunner. Federal republic consisting of one helicopter
Bored, positive (most of the time) Israeli-American, Jewish, and Republican.
★★★★★MMMMMMM
★★★★★MMMMMMM
★★★★★MMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMM

Left turboshaft engine repaired after problems; helicopter departs from Security Council building helipad after voting Aye for proposal for liberating Layem; Ukrainian flag sticker put on helicopter after Russian invasion.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sun May 15, 2022 6:38 am

Attack Helicopter wrote:Would a resolution about creating a global seed vault (like the one in Svalbard) be neccesary?

Possibly not
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Attack Helicopter
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Attack Helicopter » Sun May 15, 2022 6:51 am

United Nation of Eire wrote:1. Legalise all illicit substances from Heroin to Cannabis for those aged 21 and over
2. Government controls and regulates substances, testing, selling etc
3. Added tax may be used to set up harm reduce centre's and counselling for addicts

It’s finally time, the war on drugs has been fought relentlessly since the 60’s. Six decades later and even during a world wide lockdown due to a pandemic the Drugs are still winning the war. It’s time to abolish the black market for drugs, de-stigmatise drug addicts, seek evidence base interventions and prevent non-violent people from harsh prison sentences. Over six decades of fighting drugs hasn’t made improvements for the public so it’s time to try a method which gives adults autonomy.

Please let me know your thoughts!

No.

Tinhampton wrote:
Attack Helicopter wrote:Would a resolution about creating a global seed vault (like the one in Svalbard) be neccesary?

Possibly not

Thank you.
One AH-64 Apache piloted by a guy named James Smith and co-piloted by another guy named Peter Williams, who also acts as a gunner. Federal republic consisting of one helicopter
★★★★★MMMMMMM
★★★★★MMMMMMM
★★★★★MMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMM

Left turboshaft engine repaired after problems; helicopter departs from Security Council building helipad after voting Aye for proposal for liberating Layem; Ukrainian flag sticker put on helicopter after Russian invasion.

Doudler Gort
Civilian

Founded: Feb 23, 2022
Ex-Nation

I need some help

Postby Doudler Gort » Sun May 15, 2022 10:19 am

I really want to create proposals when I get some endorsements, so it would make me happy if someone who has gotten a proposal accepted could help with an idea and writing it. If you want to talk to me privately, my Discord friend code is Mister Man#8992.

The Orwell Society
Minister

Founded: Apr 16, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Orwell Society » Sun May 15, 2022 12:18 pm

Is there a resolution that makes a sort of transparent line between the responsibilities of the government compared to the state? I think it is an interesting topic that would have a good effect on keeping the federal government of a nation from becoming too corrupt while still drawing the line on the power of state, imposing restrictions on what the said state can and can't do, as well as what the government can regulate the state on.
The Orwell Society
Straight Male | Political Alignment: Centrist leaning conservative | NSGP Alignment: Independent | Proud Wellspringer, join The Wellspring today!

A vision without action is just a daydream

Comfed
Minister

Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Comfed » Sun May 15, 2022 1:15 pm

The Orwell Society wrote:Is there a resolution that makes a sort of transparent line between the responsibilities of the government compared to the state? I think it is an interesting topic that would have a good effect on keeping the federal government of a nation from becoming too corrupt while still drawing the line on the power of state, imposing restrictions on what the said state can and can't do, as well as what the government can regulate the state on.

You assume that it's true that every nation in the world is federal. (It's not true.)

Roylaii
Attaché

Founded: Jun 11, 2019
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Roylaii » Mon May 16, 2022 12:34 am

I'm new to the forums and to writing WA resolutions, but i would love an opportunity to try my hand at drafting one. Is there a current resolution say, related to regulating the use of contingency fees by lawyers? If not i would appreciate some guidance going forward : )
Πογερς

Attack Helicopter
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Attack Helicopter » Tue May 17, 2022 9:43 am

Biological weapons (like guns that give you the bubonic plague) bans.
★★★★★MMMMMMM
★★★★★MMMMMMM
★★★★★MMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMM

Thousand Branches
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 03, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Thousand Branches » Tue May 17, 2022 10:19 am

Attack Helicopter wrote:Biological weapons (like guns that give you the bubonic plague) bans.

Exists already: GA#242
|| Aramantha Calendula ||
○•○ Writer, editor, and World Assembly fanatic ○•○
•○• Proud member of House Elegarth •○•
○•○ Telegram or message me on discord at QueenAramantha for writing or editing help ○•○
•○• Failed General Assembly Resolutions Archive || The Grand (Newspaper Archive) •○•
○•○ Have an awesome day you! ○•○

Sierra Lyricalia
Senator

Founded: Nov 29, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sierra Lyricalia » Tue May 17, 2022 2:43 pm

Roylaii wrote:I'm new to the forums and to writing WA resolutions, but i would love an opportunity to try my hand at drafting one. Is there a current resolution say, related to regulating the use of contingency fees by lawyers? If not i would appreciate some guidance going forward : )

No, I don't believe so. This remains an open topic for legislation.

Your category will most likely be Regulation/Legal Reform or Adv. of Industry/Tort Reform, depending on whether you're making it easier or harder to bring suit.
Principal-Agent, Anarchy; Squadron Admiral [fmr], The Red Fleet
The Semi-Honorable Leonid Berkman Pavonis
Author: 354 GA / Issues 436, 451, 724
Ambassador Pro Tem
Tech Level: Complicated (or not: 7/0/6 i.e. 12) / RP Details
Jerk, Ideological Deviant, Roach, MT Army stooge, & "red [who] do[es]n't read" (various)
Illustrious Bum #279

Hexalaing
Political Columnist

Founded: May 19, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Hexalaing » Sun May 22, 2022 3:10 am

I was thinking about writing a replacement to GA #590 about law enforcement but had a few questions as this is my first time writing a proposal.

- Firstly, is anyone already doing this, and/or is there existing legislation that relates to it and could get in the way
- Secondly, does it sound like a good idea, and if so how difficult might it be
- And finally what are the rules around reusing ideas from the original legislation and the repeal (GA #608) in regards to plagiarism, obviously I wouldn't be copying the text but can I use basic ideas from the original?

Thanks for any feedback/help, its greatly appreaciated.

The Orwell Society
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Orwell Society » Sun May 22, 2022 7:01 am

Hexalaing wrote:I was thinking about writing a replacement to GA #590 about law enforcement but had a few questions as this is my first time writing a proposal.

- Firstly, is anyone already doing this, and/or is there existing legislation that relates to it and could get in the way
- Secondly, does it sound like a good idea, and if so how difficult might it be
- And finally what are the rules around reusing ideas from the original legislation and the repeal (GA #608) in regards to plagiarism, obviously I wouldn't be copying the text but can I use basic ideas from the original?

Thanks for any feedback/help, its greatly appreaciated.

1. No, I do not think so. I searched and found nothing, but you'll need a second opinion.
  2. Yes, the premise would definitely make an interesting resolution, but the difficulty lies in wording it correctly so it'll pass. All in all, I'd say it would be on a medium level of difficulty.
  3. As far as I know, as long as you don't plagiarize the words, you can borrow the ideals for use in your proposal.

Good luck!
The Orwell Society
Straight Male | Political Alignment: Centrist leaning conservative | NSGP Alignment: Independent | Proud Wellspringer, join The Wellspring today!

Cambrionia
Lobbyist

Founded: May 10, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Cambrionia » Sun May 22, 2022 5:10 pm

I had an idea for a proposal: a bill to acquire funding for an International Communications Office or something. Basically subsidizing research into solving language and communication blockages between nations. Does that sound like a good idea, and has a similar resolution been passed already? Thanks for any responses!
NEWS

Cambrioni-Draconian Relations Deteriorating | Torn Land Colony "Rapidly Developing" | Polar Rocket Launch Site Completed on Castor Island

Hexalaing
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Hexalaing » Mon May 23, 2022 10:16 am

The Orwell Society wrote:
  1. No, I do not think so. I searched and found nothing, but you'll need a second opinion.
  2. Yes, the premise would definitely make an interesting resolution, but the difficulty lies in wording it correctly so it'll pass. All in all, I'd say it would be on a medium level of difficulty.
  3. As far as I know, as long as you don't plagiarize the words, you can borrow the ideals for use in your proposal.

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice, I'll start drafting and see where I get to, might put a initial draft on here before publishing as it's own thread? Or is there another forum I should put it on or not bother at all?

Thanks

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Mon May 23, 2022 10:25 am

Drafts are typically published in their own threads.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

The Orwell Society
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Orwell Society » Mon May 23, 2022 11:16 am

Hexalaing wrote:
The Orwell Society wrote:

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice, I'll start drafting and see where I get to, might put a initial draft on here before publishing as it's own thread? Or is there another forum I should put it on or not bother at all?

Thanks

You should only make one thread. I would suggest making it as an idea draft first, describing the concept and presenting rough draft. After getting some support, you can start developing the draft with the feedback you get until it is agreed that it is submission-worthy.
The Orwell Society

Hexalaing
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Hexalaing » Mon May 23, 2022 12:11 pm

The Orwell Society wrote:You should only make one thread. I would suggest making it as an idea draft first, describing the concept and presenting rough draft. After getting some support, you can start developing the draft with the feedback you get until it is agreed that it is submission-worthy.

Tinhampton wrote:Drafts are typically published in their own threads.

Ok thanks, I'll do that, thanks for all the help.

Attack Helicopter
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Attack Helicopter » Tue May 24, 2022 9:10 am

Is there a resolution allowing civilians to own nuclear weapons?
★★★★★MMMMMMM
★★★★★MMMMMMM
★★★★★MMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMM
MMMMMMMMMMMM

Fremenilia
Spokesperson

Founded: May 09, 2022
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Fremenilia » Tue May 24, 2022 11:32 am

Is there one stopping them from?
FT partially Dune themed giant lizards | Puppet of Gothian Crimea

Thousand Branches
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 03, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Thousand Branches » Tue May 24, 2022 11:56 am

Both of ya’ll look up the word “nuclear” in the passed resolutions. You’re gonna wanna be familiar with all of the current passed ones if you’re trying to get into nuclear legislation
|| Aramantha Calendula ||
○•○ Writer, editor, and World Assembly fanatic ○•○
•○• Proud member of House Elegarth •○•
○•○ Telegram or message me on discord at QueenAramantha for writing or editing help ○•○
•○• Failed General Assembly Resolutions Archive || The Grand (Newspaper Archive) •○•
○•○ Have an awesome day you! ○•○

Sierra Lyricalia
Senator

Founded: Nov 29, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sierra Lyricalia » Tue May 24, 2022 12:39 pm

Fremenilia wrote:Is there one stopping them from?

Presumably civilians count as "wrong hands" under NAPA, as there's little chance most civilians are able to secure such weapons from bad actors even if they themselves are perfectly virtuous and trustworthy.

Individual nations may have differing circumstances / YMMV.
Principal-Agent, Anarchy; Squadron Admiral [fmr], The Red Fleet
The Semi-Honorable Leonid Berkman Pavonis
Author: 354 GA / Issues 436, 451, 724
Ambassador Pro Tem
Tech Level: Complicated (or not: 7/0/6 i.e. 12) / RP Details
Jerk, Ideological Deviant, Roach, MT Army stooge, & "red [who] do[es]n't read" (various)
Illustrious Bum #279

Fremenilia
Spokesperson

Founded: May 09, 2022
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Fremenilia » Tue May 24, 2022 3:49 pm

Sierra Lyricalia wrote:
Fremenilia wrote:Is there one stopping them from?

Presumably civilians count as "wrong hands" under NAPA, as there's little chance most civilians are able to secure such weapons from bad actors even if they themselves are perfectly virtuous and trustworthy.

Individual nations may have differing circumstances / YMMV.

Our citizens aren't trustworthy but are the right hands, they know exactly how to use nukes, and many are currently wanted in multiple impoverished 3rd world nations for "small scale thermonuclear warfare" and " Devastation of the livelihoods of millions". Now if these nations also had nukes they could fight back, but it seems their right to thermonuclear self defense has been restricted, thereby implicating the WA in a sense in their deaths.
FT partially Dune themed giant lizards | Puppet of Gothian Crimea

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly