NATION

PASSWORD

Ideas for General Assembly Proposals

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:52 pm

Caribbean Democracies wrote:Has anyone ever thought of making a proposal that would create a Parliament in the vain of The EU Parliament? I'm not exactly sure how it could work gameplay wise but I think it'd be something cool to ponder.

It exists and it's called the World Assembly. Any proposal to add a new "World Parliament" as a feature on this game itself would be irreversibly illegal for violating the Game Mechanics rule.
Last edited by Tinhampton on Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

The New Sicilian State
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Sicilian State » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:01 pm

Caribbean Democracies wrote:Has anyone ever thought of making a proposal that would create a Parliament in the vain of The EU Parliament? I'm not exactly sure how it could work gameplay wise but I think it'd be something cool to ponder.

OOC: It would be cool, you're right. Unfortunately, that would mess with the game code and it's not permitted. But if it makes you feel better, the WA itself is sort of like an EU Parliament?
From the office of: John Crawford
Ambassador of Foreign Affairs
Office: the floor between the copier and the water fountain
Palermo Parliamentary Building
Ideological Bullshark # -26

Serbersia
Secretary

Founded: Nov 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Serbersia » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:44 pm

Greetings! I was wondering if the WA already has laws in regards to preventing market crisis, and if so if someone could refer me to them!

Thanks.
Ambassador to the World Assembly: Filip Spiridon

King of Serbersia: Sergej I Drnovsek
Lindersveta of the Osdreva Council: Lazar Zoltanovic

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:55 am

Serbersia wrote:Greetings! I was wondering if the WA already has laws in regards to preventing market crisis, and if so if someone could refer me to them!

The resolutions (possibly barring one or two latest ones) are in an easily searchable thread on this forum, stickied near the top, so you can look for such yourself, too.

Be aware, though, that the forum search function thinks that words like "bank" and "banking" are two entirely unrelated words and will show you search results only matching the word as typed.

There are some resolutions that have to do with economical issues, but I can't remember them off the top of my head, so I'd have to search for them too. Leaving the search for you as a way for you to have a chance to learn how such searches are done! :lol:
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Denask
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 02, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Denask » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:34 am

Kingdom of totalitarianism wrote:Since everyone else is on a environmental kick I wanted to do something unreasonably reasonable. This would be my first draft so I could use some help on the proposal essentially I want to balance the needs of the eco-friendly with the people who have energy needs for various reasons by collecting the methane from cows and transporting that to power nation in which the methane is collected. Making it mandatory in all WA members. Should only be beneficial as it will please the hippies for environment reasons and everyone else because power is needed for hospitals, mansions, machines of war and orphanages.

odd, but I agree!

Aprenencia
Attaché

Founded: Mar 07, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Aprenencia » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:50 pm

Does the WA have any drug laws?

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:00 pm

Aprenencia wrote:Does the WA have any drug laws?

Yes.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Aprenencia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Aprenencia » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:33 pm

What are some good topics for drafting a new proposal right now?

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:38 pm

Aprenencia wrote:What are some good topics for drafting a new proposal right now?

That's not how this works. You can look at the things posted on this thread, but you really should learn more about the world you live in, find some things you don't think are handled properly, THEN check the passed resolutions to make sure it hasn't already been done, then write a draft and post it on this forum. Then we can help you.

Also remember that you can draw inspiration from Real Life, but plagiarism is still the biggest WA sin.

Aprenencia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Aprenencia » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:40 pm

Araraukar wrote:
Aprenencia wrote:What are some good topics for drafting a new proposal right now?

That's not how this works. You can look at the things posted on this thread, but you really should learn more about the world you live in, find some things you don't think are handled properly, THEN check the passed resolutions to make sure it hasn't already been done, then write a draft and post it on this forum. Then we can help you.

Also remember that you can draw inspiration from Real Life, but plagiarism is still the biggest WA sin.

That's smart.

The New Sicilian State
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Sicilian State » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:40 pm

OOC: The OP of this thread has some ideas, in case you couldn't tell from the title of the thread, but no one is really going to tell you what they think needs to be written, because they're likely writing it themselves. Like I told you in your abandoned proposal thread, read. Read the passed resolutions, read drafts, find something you care about, find a hole that needs filling, repeal an active resolution that you believe needs repealing or replacing.

Edit: Now I'm being redundant, already answered, sorry.
Last edited by The New Sicilian State on Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aprenencia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Aprenencia » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:43 pm

The New Sicilian State wrote:

OOC: The OP of this thread has some ideas, in case you couldn't tell from the title of the thread, but no one is really going to tell you what they think needs to be written, because they're likely writing it themselves. Like I told you in your abandoned proposal thread, read. Read the passed resolutions, read drafts, find something you care about, find a hole that needs filling, repeal an active resolution that you believe needs repealing or replacing.

Edit: Now I'm being redundant, already answered, sorry.

Sounds good, the reason I asked is because some of the ideas in this thread were posted a while ago.

Aprenencia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Aprenencia » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:14 pm

After reading some passed resolutions, it seems there are no resolutions regarding drone use. The only resolutions that may vaguely enforce regulation on drones in certain areas are #7 and #20. Would drafting a proposal on the use of drones be a good idea?
Last edited by Aprenencia on Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The New Sicilian State
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Sicilian State » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:24 pm

Aprenencia wrote:After reading some passed resolutions, it seems there are no resolutions regarding drone use. The only resolutions that may vaguely enforce regulation on drones in certain areas are #7 and #20. Would drafting a proposal on the use of drones be a good idea?

OOC: You tell me. Do your research, study those resolutions that you think might affect how your ideas play out, draft up a proposal and start a new thread. Hopefully not too long after, me along with whoever else happens to find their way to your thread will look over it and start commenting. Just remember your proposal basics and remember that plagiarism is a nono. Good luck, I have faith in you, welcome to the GA :p

Aprenencia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Aprenencia » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:28 pm

The New Sicilian State wrote:
Aprenencia wrote:After reading some passed resolutions, it seems there are no resolutions regarding drone use. The only resolutions that may vaguely enforce regulation on drones in certain areas are #7 and #20. Would drafting a proposal on the use of drones be a good idea?

OOC: You tell me. Do your research, study those resolutions that you think might affect how your ideas play out, draft up a proposal and start a new thread. Hopefully not too long after, me along with whoever else happens to find their way to your thread will look over it and start commenting. Just remember your proposal basics and remember that plagiarism is a nono. Good luck, I have faith in you, welcome to the GA :p

Thanks. I hope to gain enough knowledge of the resolutions to be able to effectively help others with their drafts too.

Kyundao
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 02, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kyundao » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:22 pm

Are there any existing resolutions regarding freedom of education? I'm thinking of writing and submitting one, but there are so many resolutions that I can't sort through all of them. Plus I don't want my idea to be shot down for duplicating existing resolutions by any chance.

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:51 pm

You would need to be more specific than that.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Kyundao
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 02, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kyundao » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:47 pm

Imperium Anglorum wrote:You would need to be more specific than that.

I'm talking mainly about the inclusion of the right to homeschooling as an alternative to public and private schools in WA member nations.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:09 pm

Kyundao wrote:
Imperium Anglorum wrote:You would need to be more specific than that.

I'm talking mainly about the inclusion of the right to homeschooling as an alternative to public and private schools in WA member nations.

Nothing on homeschooling yet - although CD's "Choice in Education" was terribly quashed in May 2017ish.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Union of Sovereign States and Republics
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Union of Sovereign States and Republics » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:36 pm

Are there any laws within the GA that define and/or lay out punishments for rape? It seemed to be a delicate topic with GA #486 and could possibly be a topic when talking about GA #472 and related laws/proposals.

Edit: While looking into this I discovered 2 things: GA#16, which has been repealed, and an unfinished draft called "A Ban on Sexual Abuse in War." I'll look into it more, but has this topic been brought up?
Last edited by Union of Sovereign States and Republics on Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Current IC Year: 2031
The Union of Sovereign States and Republics; USSR
In 1991, a plane carrying would-be conspirators of an armed coup crashed in the Crimean Peninsula. Without the coup, the Union of Sovereign States treaty was signed; and the USSR survived... Lore currently undergoing a rework.
Current Ruling Party: Second Forward Coalition (NPSU, Motherland, Agrarian League)
News: BREAKING NEWS: Unceremoniously, USSR officially departs from the European Union 2 years before schedule

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:54 pm

Union of Sovereign States and Republics wrote:Are there any laws within the GA that define and/or lay out punishments for rape?

GA#240 "Sexual Autonomy Guarantee"?

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Union of Sovereign States and Republics » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:06 pm

Tinhampton wrote:
Union of Sovereign States and Republics wrote:Are there any laws within the GA that define and/or lay out punishments for rape?

GA#240 "Sexual Autonomy Guarantee"?

That seems to be exactly what I was drafting.

That being said, is there any follow up to the proposal "A Ban on Sexual Abuse in War"? I've checked passed GA proposals, and this particular issue doesn't seem to crop up in any of them.
In 1991, a plane carrying would-be conspirators of an armed coup crashed in the Crimean Peninsula. Without the coup, the Union of Sovereign States treaty was signed; and the USSR survived... Lore currently undergoing a rework.
Current Ruling Party: Second Forward Coalition (NPSU, Motherland, Agrarian League)
News: BREAKING NEWS: Unceremoniously, USSR officially departs from the European Union 2 years before schedule

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:09 pm

Union of Sovereign States and Republics wrote:

That seems to be exactly what I was drafting.

That being said, is there any follow up to the proposal "A Ban on Sexual Abuse in War"? I've checked passed GA proposals, and this particular issue doesn't seem to crop up in any of them.

I'm not sure what you mean by a "follow up."

A reminder that plagiarism can get your nation removed from the WA for a year, unless - in this case - you seek Unibot III's permission (I'm assuming that "A Ban on Sexual Violence in War" was the correct title; Unibot III is the current nation of the original author). From the ruleset... "If a player wishes to submit another's proposal, explicit permission must be obtained and submitted either through the Getting Help page or Moderation so we have a paper trail. If not, the offender is ejected and the proposal is deleted."
Last edited by Tinhampton on Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Union of Sovereign States and Republics » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:13 pm

Tinhampton wrote:
Union of Sovereign States and Republics wrote:That seems to be exactly what I was drafting.

I'm not sure what you mean by a "follow up." A reminder that plagiarism can get your nation removed from the WA for a year.

I'm not going to plagiarize from the old proposal. Follow up may have been the wrong words; more of a "spiritual successor"?

Edit: Another problem is that the nation who wrote "A Ban on Sexual Abuse in War" has CTE'd.
Last edited by Union of Sovereign States and Republics on Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:27 am

Union of Sovereign States and Republics wrote:Edit: Another problem is that the nation who wrote "A Ban on Sexual Abuse in War" has CTE'd.

Which means you can't use their text. If you found a drafting thread that never got submitted and so forth, read through the thread to see why it was abandoned. Sometimes proposals are put on halt because the author doesn't have time for them, or the current attitude among voters is unfavourable for the topic, or any other reason, but many times the author realizes that the idea isn't a viable one, or it has already been covered.

Like, for example in this case, I really question what "thou shalt not rape someone in a war" kind of thing would do that "thou shalt not rape someone, ever" already didn't do?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly