NATION

PASSWORD

Ideas for General Assembly Proposals

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Random Country 453632
Envoy

Founded: Jun 09, 2020
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Random Country 453632 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:06 am

Araraukar wrote:
Random Country 453632 wrote:driving/crossing

If crossing means crossing roads, like pedestrian crossing, then DEFINITELY a local issue, not international. Driving sounds also like a national issue with very few (if any) international reasons.

Oh.. Okay!
Btw, Maybe add repealing GA #1 "The World Assembly" could be in Heroic lol
RandomCountry453632
Local news: 2024 national spit-at-a-bat contest postponed due to recent incident of bats projectile-vomiting at two people
Random Guy makes controversial statement about the S key of his computer

Graintfjall
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 30, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Graintfjall » Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:19 am

Random Country 453632 wrote:Btw, Maybe add repealing GA #1 "The World Assembly" could be in Heroic lol

It is technically impossible. Even manipulating the URL will not allow submission of a repeal. There would be no point listing something that literally cannot be done as an aspiration.

That said, the OP is CTE for >1 year and appears to have only existed for 1 day before being abandoned. No idea why this thread is still pinned.
Last edited by Graintfjall on Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Solo: IBC30, WCoH42, HWC25, U18WC16, CoH85, WJHC20
Co-host: CR36, BoF74, CoH80, BoF77, WC91
Champions: BoF73, CoH80, U18WC15, DBC52, WC91, CR41, VWE15, HWC27, EC15
Co-champions of the first and second Elephant Chess Cups with Bollonich
Runners-up: DBC49, EC10, HWC25, CR42
The White Winter Queendom of Græntfjall

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:36 am

Graintfjall wrote:That said, the OP is CTE for >1 year and appears to have only existed for 1 day before being abandoned. No idea why this thread is still pinned.

The puppet belonged to UM, and originally this thread was likely somewhat useful, now it's basically Q&A #2.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Grey County
Envoy

Founded: Jun 08, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Grey County » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:11 pm

Is their an International Govenrng body for sports yet. I would like to write a proposal that Would make one

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:38 pm

Araraukar wrote:
Graintfjall wrote:That said, the OP is CTE for >1 year and appears to have only existed for 1 day before being abandoned. No idea why this thread is still pinned.

The puppet belonged to UM, and originally this thread was likely somewhat useful, now it's basically Q&A #2.
in that case, can someone make a new thread for ideas?
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017

Postby Kenmoria » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:44 am

Grey County wrote:Is their an International Govenrng body for sports yet. I would like to write a proposal that Would make one

I don’t think that there is. If you do make one, make sure to steer clear of micromanagement, which sports regulations could easily fall into.
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:46 am

Grey County wrote:Is their an International Govenrng body for sports yet. I would like to write a proposal that Would make one

That could be a viable idea, but I have no idea what category it could fit into
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Grey County
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Grey County » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:22 am

Are there any resolutions done on like Renters rights like if u rent a home what rights you are guaranteed

Sierra Lyricalia
Senator

Founded: Nov 29, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sierra Lyricalia » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:28 am

Grey County wrote:Are there any resolutions done on like Renters rights like if u rent a home what rights you are guaranteed

Let's find out:
search.php?keywords=rent&t=30&sf=msgonly
search.php?keywords=lease&t=30&sf=msgonly

"renter", "renters", "rents", "rentier", "rentiers", "landlord", and "landlords" all have zero hits. So that makes that a bit easier.
Principal-Agent, Anarchy; Squadron Admiral [fmr], The Red Fleet
The Semi-Honorable Leonid Berkman Pavonis
Author: 354 GA / Issues 436, 451, 724
Ambassador Pro Tem
Tech Level: Complicated (or not: 7/0/6 i.e. 12) / RP Details
Jerk, Ideological Deviant, Roach, MT Army stooge, & "red [who] do[es]n't read" (various)
Illustrious Bum #279

Grey County
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Grey County » Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:35 am

Sierra Lyricalia wrote:
Grey County wrote:Are there any resolutions done on like Renters rights like if u rent a home what rights you are guaranteed

Let's find out:
search.php?keywords=rent&t=30&sf=msgonly
search.php?keywords=lease&t=30&sf=msgonly

"renter", "renters", "rents", "rentier", "rentiers", "landlord", and "landlords" all have zero hits. So that makes that a bit easier.

Thanks

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Postby Kenmoria » Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:53 pm

Honeydewistania wrote:

That could be a viable idea, but I have no idea what category it could fit into

I would put it under Cultural Heritage, emphasising the importance of sports in nations’ histories and shared relations. However, I could see it going in a few others.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:12 am

Honeydewistania wrote:in that case, can someone make a new thread for ideas?

Unless the mods started handing out warnings for spamming the ideas thread with Q&A questions, it wouldn't help as long as it's stickied. The Q&A one should be renamed "GA questions" or something like it, as well.

Kenmoria wrote:
Honeydewistania wrote:That could be a viable idea, but I have no idea what category it could fit into

I would put it under Cultural Heritage, emphasising the importance of sports in nations’ histories and shared relations. However, I could see it going in a few others.

And it needs to steer clear of anything to do with the sports RP forum or RL Olympics.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Graintfjall
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 30, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Graintfjall » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:07 am

Honeydewistania wrote:in that case, can someone make a new thread for ideas?

Why do we need one? If anything this forum has too many stickies as is.
Solo: IBC30, WCoH42, HWC25, U18WC16, CoH85, WJHC20
Co-host: CR36, BoF74, CoH80, BoF77, WC91
Champions: BoF73, CoH80, U18WC15, DBC52, WC91, CR41, VWE15, HWC27, EC15
Co-champions of the first and second Elephant Chess Cups with Bollonich
Runners-up: DBC49, EC10, HWC25, CR42
The White Winter Queendom of Græntfjall

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:45 am

This should probably be unstickied, and the Q&A thread renamed Questions thread. Newbies coming to here seem to not realize what Q&A means.

Confianza
Civilian

Founded: Aug 29, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Confianza » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:13 am

Banning animal testing

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Postby Kenmoria » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:17 am

Confianza wrote:Banning animal testing

A total ban might be somewhat unpopular, due to the possibility that advances in medicine might be made through relatively uninvasive and harmless use of animals. Additionally, there is currently a resolution, Ethical Treatment of Animals in Research, that regulates the practice.
Last edited by Kenmoria on Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
My pronouns are he/him.

The Democratic soclist states
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 06, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Democratic soclist states » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:36 pm

The Collective Hivemind of the GA wrote:Guys, let's calm down a little both ways. Thanks.

:)

Agreed these nations should be civilized :)

United Astor Navern
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 08, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

more civil rights

Postby United Astor Navern » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:44 pm

my idea is to like have more equal rights for equality and inclusiveness :hug: :)

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Postby Kenmoria » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:48 pm

United Astor Navern wrote:my idea is to like have more equal rights for equality and inclusiveness :hug: :)

Though that is a commendable goal, GA proposals are written with a specific policy or goal in mind. They generally focus on a specific area, such as discrimination in the workplace, to avoid being too vague.
My pronouns are he/him.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:24 am

Kenmoria wrote:
United Astor Navern wrote:my idea is to like have more equal rights for equality and inclusiveness :hug: :)

Though that is a commendable goal, GA proposals are written with a specific policy or goal in mind. They generally focus on a specific area, such as discrimination in the workplace, to avoid being too vague.

Also worth reading the resolution titled The Charter of Civil Rights. There are several others concerning equal treatment, but that is a good start on studying the existing resolutions.

Untecna
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 02, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Untecna » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:15 pm

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=492569
The Untecnan ambassador somehow has a martini. "This is my new proposal."
Dragon with internet access. I am coming for your data. More for the hoard.
NFL Team: 49rs
California is the best is the worst is kinda okay
I may not be an expert on them, but I feel like I know about way too many obscure video/audio formats.
Issues Author (#1520) | Failed GA Resolution Author

Untecna
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Is this a good proposal?

Postby Untecna » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:20 pm

The General Assembly, it's associates, and all other tied organizations,

Applauding the efforts of GAR#506 to allow the public to access court records and documents,

Noting that Clause 1 states that "No limitation may be enforced on the ability of member nation inhabitants to read or reproduce such documents; nor may any copyright be recognised or enforced over documents produced by member nation courts." allowing the unlimited reproduction of court documents, and with no copyright, meaning that documents can not be taken off by the court due to needs for confidentiality, and meaning all unsealed documents are in the public domain,

Seeing that while Clause 1 also states that the records are available on request, the documents are also online, making it essentially impossible for confidentiality and redaction of certain portions or all portions to be impossible,

Noting that because these documents are online, they can go from nation to nation, potentially creating legal issues between two or more governments,

Noting that Clause 2 states that all people have a right to court records, potentially interfering with the sovereignty of a nation, and forcing them to allow such documents to be accessed regardless of what the laws of the nation are,

Noting that Clause 3 states that all documents that are unsealed are to go to the Universal Library Coalition, potentially causing legal trouble in the likes of which are stated above,

Noting that Clause 1 enforces a no-fee policy, further infringing on a nation's choice, and destroying a way of extra revenue for the court to support itself,

Hereby repeals GAR#506 "Public Access To Court Records"
I may not be an expert on them, but I feel like I know about way too many obscure video/audio formats.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:44 pm

Untecna, you were told that the Q&A thread was not the place to post drafts. This is no less true here.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Thea Liters
Civil Servant

Founded: May 03, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Thea Liters » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:17 am

So if I created a proposal that tried to lower crime and it passed, would it work?

Untecna
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Untecna » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:31 pm

Thea Liters wrote:So if I created a proposal that tried to lower crime and it passed, would it work?

It depends on the proposal, although, I highly doubt anything related to lowering crime would pass, due to that being a more national issue than international issue.
May I see the draft (if there is one)?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly