NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED] Protecting Personal Privacy

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Marxist Germany
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Germany » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:56 am

"All suggestions made recently have been addressed, and changes have been made accordingly."
Author of GA#461, GA#470, GA#477, GA#481, GA#486 (co-author), and SC#295

Former delegate of The United Federations; citizen and former Senior Senator of 10000 Islands; 113th Knight of TITO

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:54 am

“Due to how some of your clauses are written, a business is perfectly fine to extract data from someone, provided they aren’t users of the business, since you only target the actions of the business towards its users. This seems rather opposite to what I would expect. Also, there should be a comma after ‘a member of’ in clause 1f.”
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Marxist Germany
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Germany » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:54 am

Kenmoria wrote:“Due to how some of your clauses are written, a business is perfectly fine to extract data from someone, provided they aren’t users of the business, since you only target the actions of the business towards its users. This seems rather opposite to what I would expect. Also, there should be a comma after ‘a member of’ in clause 1f.”

"I will try to fix that issue."

"I have attemped to fix the issue highlighted by you."
Last edited by Marxist Germany on Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Former delegate of The United Federations; citizen and former Senior Senator of 10000 Islands; 113th Knight of TITO

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Postby Kenmoria » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:31 pm

“2d should have ‘a user’ rather than ‘an user’ after ‘viewing the data’.”
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Marxist Germany
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Germany » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:41 pm

Kenmoria wrote:“2d should have ‘a user’ rather than ‘an user’ after ‘viewing the data’.”

"Fixed."

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:07 am

OOC: Definition for organization should probably have "non-state" in it, if it's meant to not include things like tax register or criminal records and such. If it is meant to include those, then the later mentions of the state or government doing things don't quite fit. Also you have typoed "criminal".
Last edited by Araraukar on Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Marxist Germany
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Germany » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:33 am

Araraukar wrote:OOC: Definition for organization should probably have "non-state" in it, if it's meant to not include things like tax register or criminal records and such. If it is meant to include those, then the later mentions of the state or government doing things don't quite fit. Also you have typoed "criminal".

OOC:Fixed.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:09 am

"Lets rewrite 2.d.

Prohibits . . . Governments of member states from viewing the data of a user without the explicit prior consent from both the organisation holding the data and the user to which the data belongs, unless the data pursuant to subpoena for a civil discovery is not a party or subject to issuance of a warrant for criminal proceedings, or when a search warrant has been issued;

"Lets write it as:

Prohibits . . . Member state governments from viewing user data without explicit prior consent from both the user and the organization in possession, unless:

a. the data is subject to a subpoena for litigation discovery to which the user is not a party;

b. the user places the data's contents or subject matter at issue as a party in a civil dispute;

c. subject to a valid warrant during criminal investigation.

"It reads better and is better organized. I am willing to answer any questions as to why this is an improved organization and phrasing."
Last edited by Separatist Peoples on Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Postby Kenmoria » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:25 am

“1a would be better written with ‘a government’ rather than ‘the government’, since you are referring to many different nations, as opposed to a monolithic government in charge of all.”
My pronouns are he/him.

Marxist Germany
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Germany » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:02 pm

Separatist Peoples wrote:"Lets rewrite 2.d.

Prohibits . . . Governments of member states from viewing the data of a user without the explicit prior consent from both the organisation holding the data and the user to which the data belongs, unless the data pursuant to subpoena for a civil discovery is not a party or subject to issuance of a warrant for criminal proceedings, or when a search warrant has been issued;

"Lets write it as:

Prohibits . . . Member state governments from viewing user data without explicit prior consent from both the user and the organization in possession, unless:

a. the data is subject to a subpoena for litigation discovery to which the user is not a party;

b. the user places the data's contents or subject matter at issue as a party in a civil dispute;

c. subject to a valid warrant during criminal investigation.

"It reads better and is better organized. I am willing to answer any questions as to why this is an improved organization and phrasing."

"Yes, this is definitely an improvement from the current clause and it looks neater as well, thank you."

Kenmoria wrote:“1a would be better written with ‘a government’ rather than ‘the government’, since you are referring to many different nations, as opposed to a monolithic government in charge of all.”

"Fixed."

Marxist Germany
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Germany » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:29 am

"I have fixed all the typos that I could identify, and changed the last clause a bit."

Marxist Germany
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Germany » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:51 am

OOC:Last call for any spelling, grammar, or content concerns. Will be submitting tomorrow or today.
Last edited by Marxist Germany on Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Postby Kenmoria » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:46 am

“To fit with 2di and 2dii, 2diii should be a complete sentence. I recommend adding the words ‘the data is’ to the beginning of that subclause to remedy this.”
My pronouns are he/him.

Marxist Germany
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Germany » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:37 pm

Kenmoria wrote:“To fit with 2di and 2dii, 2diii should be a complete sentence. I recommend adding the words ‘the data is’ to the beginning of that subclause to remedy this.”

"Fixed."

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:57 pm

Marxist Germany wrote:1. Defines the following for the purpose of this resolution:
  1. An "Organisation" as any entity that collects data from its members or users, and isn't directly run by a government;
  2. A "Minor" as any sapient being under the age of majority;
  3. An "Adolescent" as any minor going through a transitional period into adulthood as defined by a government of a member-state;
  4. A "Guardian" as any legal guardian of a minor, or if none exists, a biological parent;
  5. "Personal Data" as any data that can be used to identify a sapient individual;
  6. A "User" as any sapient being who uses or has used the services of, or is a member of, an organisation;

OOC: Why are the defined nouns written with capital first letter, when they aren't written that way in the text?
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Marxist Germany
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Germany » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:48 am

Araraukar wrote:
Marxist Germany wrote:1. Defines the following for the purpose of this resolution:
  1. An "Organisation" as any entity that collects data from its members or users, and isn't directly run by a government;
  2. A "Minor" as any sapient being under the age of majority;
  3. An "Adolescent" as any minor going through a transitional period into adulthood as defined by a government of a member-state;
  4. A "Guardian" as any legal guardian of a minor, or if none exists, a biological parent;
  5. "Personal Data" as any data that can be used to identify a sapient individual;
  6. A "User" as any sapient being who uses or has used the services of, or is a member of, an organisation;

OOC: Why are the defined nouns written with capital first letter, when they aren't written that way in the text?

OOC:It looks neater.

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Postby Kenmoria » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:44 am

“In clause 4, ‘a organisation’ should be ‘an organisation’.”
My pronouns are he/him.

Marxist Germany
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Germany » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:54 am

Kenmoria wrote:“In clause 4, ‘a organisation’ should be ‘an organisation’.”

"This has been addressed."

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:31 am

Marxist Germany wrote:OOC:It looks neater.

OOC: As opposed to...
1. Defines the following for the purpose of this resolution:
  1. An "organisation" as any entity that collects data from its members or users, and isn't directly run by a government;
  2. A "minor" as any sapient being under the age of majority;
  3. An "adolescent" as any minor going through a transitional period into adulthood as defined by a government of a member-state;
  4. A "guardian" as any legal guardian of a minor, or if none exists, a biological parent;
  5. "Personal data" as any data that can be used to identify a sapient individual;
  6. A "user" as any sapient being who uses or has used the services of, or is a member of, an organisation;

...^that? If you want to use capital letters for the nouns, just drop the articles.

Marxist Germany
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Germany » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:01 am

Araraukar wrote:
Marxist Germany wrote:OOC:It looks neater.

OOC: As opposed to...
1. Defines the following for the purpose of this resolution:
  1. An "organisation" as any entity that collects data from its members or users, and isn't directly run by a government;
  2. A "minor" as any sapient being under the age of majority;
  3. An "adolescent" as any minor going through a transitional period into adulthood as defined by a government of a member-state;
  4. A "guardian" as any legal guardian of a minor, or if none exists, a biological parent;
  5. "Personal data" as any data that can be used to identify a sapient individual;
  6. A "user" as any sapient being who uses or has used the services of, or is a member of, an organisation;

...^that? If you want to use capital letters for the nouns, just drop the articles.

OOC:Alright, change has been made, and proposal submitted.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:34 am

Marxist Germany wrote:and proposal submitted.

OOC: Good luck.

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Postby Kenmoria » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:37 am

Marxist Germany wrote:OOC:Alright, change has been made, and proposal submitted.

(OOC: Second time lucky, hopefully.)
My pronouns are he/him.

Borovan entered the region as he
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Borovan entered the region as he » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:03 pm

Did u even send a telegram campaign it's not getting approvals

Marxist Germany
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Germany » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:50 pm

Borovan entered the region as he wrote:Did u even send a telegram campaign it's not getting approvals

OOC:I'll do that tomorrow, too busy today.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:17 am

Marxist Germany wrote:
Borovan entered the region as he wrote:Did u even send a telegram campaign it's not getting approvals

OOC:I'll do that tomorrow, too busy today.

OOC: May be too late then. You shouldn't submit unless you're able to campaign rightaway.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives