NATION

PASSWORD

[Draft] Repeal of "Rights and duties of WA states"

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Ramprage
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

[Draft] Repeal of "Rights and duties of WA states"

Postby Ramprage » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:41 pm

Acknowledges rules are needed in WA to keep it progressive and functioning.

Pleased by resolution's good intentions to secure stability in WA.

Disgusted by format of the resolution which breaks laws of resolution formatting.

Notices several usage of "I" and "We" in the resolution which must be taken as branding. Also mention of the "NationStates".
1.) Even single usage of branding must render every WA draft/resolution illegal.

Shocked how clauses of the resolution contradict current actuality. While it says that WA will not denounce armed conflicts, World Assembly's condemnations are often justified by the accused's warmongering.

States new and improved resolution is needed to sustain the stabilty in WA, but resolution that violates several rules of the organization must not continue to exist as an international law.

World Assembly hereby repeals "Rights and Duties of WA states"

OOC: It probably will be criticized to hell and not be accepted, but face the truth. That resolution breaks soooo many laws, for that even waaaaaaaay better draft/resolution would be cast of as illegal.
Last edited by Ramprage on Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Marxist Germany
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Germany » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:44 pm

OOC:That resolution was passed before any of those rules existed, also this is illegal for meta gaming (mention of security council) and honest mistake
Author of GA#461, GA#470, GA#477, GA#481, GA#486 (co-author), and SC#295

Former delegate of The United Federations; citizen and former Senior Senator of 10000 Islands; 113th Knight of TITO

Ramprage
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ramprage » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:47 pm

Marxist Germany wrote:OOC:That resolution was passed before any of those rules existed, also this is illegal for meta gaming (mention of security council) and honest mistake

OOC: Yea ik it has been passed before the rules were created but it is inadequate to brand it as a passed resolution and put it alongside other arguably better international laws.
Can Security Council be mention like this: "Security Council" or just remove it?

The New Nordic Union
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 08, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The New Nordic Union » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:48 pm

Marxist Germany wrote:OOC:That resolution was passed before any of those rules existed, also this is illegal for meta gaming (mention of security council) and honest mistake

OOC: Also, all passed resolutions are legal by virtue of passing alone; illegality is no grounds for repeal.
Permanent Representative of the Nordic Union to the World Assembly: Katrin við Keldu

Ramprage
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ramprage » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:51 pm

The New Nordic Union wrote:

OOC: Also, all passed resolutions are legal by virtue of passing alone; illegality is no grounds for repeal.

OOC: I think it should be repealed and then changed by the resolution which breaks no rules, have better formatting and better clauses.

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:53 pm

(OOC: Welcome to the General Assembly. Unfortunately, your proposal is illegal for a few reasons. Firstly, it is assumed that all passed resolutions are legal by default, so illegality cannot be used as an argument in a repeal. Secondly, as has been mentioned, you cannot mention the SC in any way whatsoever. Also, you can’t mention ‘NationStates’, since that is metagaming.)

“GA #002 is a landmark piece of legislation, and one that many authors, some of which had previously passed resolutions, have tried to repeal. However, it is so old and important that I don’t think anyone can succeed, especially on a first attempt.”
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Ramprage
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ramprage » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:59 pm

Kenmoria wrote:(OOC: Welcome to the General Assembly. Unfortunately, your proposal is illegal for a few reasons. Firstly, it is assumed that all passed resolutions are legal by default, so illegality cannot be used as an argument in a repeal. Secondly, as has been mentioned, you cannot mention the SC in any way whatsoever. Also, you can’t mention ‘NationStates’, since that is metagaming.)

“GA #002 is a landmark piece of legislation, and one that many authors, some of which had previously passed resolutions, have tried to repeal. However, it is so old and important that I don’t think anyone can succeed, especially on a first attempt.”

OOC: not my first attempted repeal(even tho it was other GA resolution), using puppet nation for several reasons. Isn't every argument legal as long as it convinces people? And Nationstates is mentioned here, because over and over again it is mentioned in that resolution and i am stating the fact. Can i make it like: "Resolution uses several times 'NationStates', thou it's role for the purpose of the resolution is unknown.

"Historical resolutions will always stay in archive as one of our GA resolution commands, future generations will be free to see it, but it doesn't justify reason to keep it as an acting law"
Last edited by Ramprage on Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The New Nordic Union
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 08, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The New Nordic Union » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:08 pm

Ramprage wrote:OOC: not my first attempted repeal(even tho it was other GA resolution), using puppet nation for several reasons. Isn't every argument legal as long as it convinces people? And Nationstates is mentioned here, because over and over again it is mentioned in that resolution and i am stating the fact. Can i make it like: "Resolution uses several times 'NationStates', thou it's role for the purpose of the resolution is unknown.

"Historical resolutions will always stay in archive as one of our GA resolution commands, future generations will be free to see it, but it doesn't justify reason to keep it as an acting law"

OOC: No, there are rules to be followed for repeals, as well. Not every argument is legal. Also, stating the fact that the target resolutions mentions The Game amounts to 'the target resolution was illegal', which, as has been stated multiple times, is no base for repeal.
Permanent Representative of the Nordic Union to the World Assembly: Katrin við Keldu

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:09 pm

Ramprage wrote:
Kenmoria wrote:(OOC: Welcome to the General Assembly. Unfortunately, your proposal is illegal for a few reasons. Firstly, it is assumed that all passed resolutions are legal by default, so illegality cannot be used as an argument in a repeal. Secondly, as has been mentioned, you cannot mention the SC in any way whatsoever. Also, you can’t mention ‘NationStates’, since that is metagaming.)

OOC: not my first attempted repeal(even tho it was other GA resolution), using puppet nation for several reasons. Isn't every argument legal as long as it convinces people? And Nationstates is mentioned here, because over and over again it is mentioned in that resolution and i am stating the fact. Can i make it like: "Resolution uses several times 'NationStates', thou it's role for the purpose of the resolution is unknown.

(OOC: No, there are lots of rules about what can and can’t be in a repeal. I believe that stating that the target uses ‘NationStates’ at all would be considered illegal, no matter what the phrasing. Besides, illegality is assumed to not apply to any passed resolutions, and it is in fact illegal to state otherwise, so you don’t have much substance either way.)
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:53 pm

OOC: The fourth argument implicates the Branding rule, and wouldn't be legal.

OP, I appreciate your responsiveness and your dislike of GAR#2. I share your concerns with it. However, I do not think your repeal theory is likely to succeed. I recommend cutting your teeth on a different proposal to repeal.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Widowed Land
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Widowed Land » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:08 pm

Separatist Peoples wrote:OOC: The fourth argument implicates the Branding rule, and wouldn't be legal.

OP, I appreciate your responsiveness and your dislike of GAR#2. I share your concerns with it. However, I do not think your repeal theory is likely to succeed. I recommend cutting your teeth on a different proposal to repeal.

OOC: Author says that he(or she) doesn't think that it will pass through. I believe there's same repeal proposed right now. But it was rendered illegal because of branding and metagaming(and tons of other broken law.) Oh and I agree with this repeal, cause.... well common sense.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:19 pm

Widowed Land wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:OOC: The fourth argument implicates the Branding rule, and wouldn't be legal.

OOC: Author says that he(or she) doesn't think that it will pass through. I believe there's same repeal proposed right now. But it was rendered illegal because of branding and metagaming(and tons of other broken law.) Oh and I agree with this repeal, cause.... well common sense.

OOC: You shouldn't submit something you know is doomed. It wastes everybody's time and gums up the queue with garbage. That goes for OP and you.
Last edited by Separatist Peoples on Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!

Widowed Land
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Widowed Land » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:29 pm

Separatist Peoples wrote:
Widowed Land wrote:

OOC: You shouldn't submit something you know is doomed. It wastes everybody's time and gums up the queue with garbage. That goes for OP and you.

OOC: you in the first place cannot speak of the garbage. And mind your own business.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:43 pm

Widowed Land wrote:OOC: you in the first place cannot speak of the garbage. And mind your own business.

OOC: Are you intentionally creating this image of yourself as a petulant teen?
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:46 pm

Widowed Land wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:OOC: You shouldn't submit something you know is doomed. It wastes everybody's time and gums up the queue with garbage. That goes for OP and you.

OOC: you in the first place cannot speak of the garbage. And mind your own business.

OOC: Can. Am. I've seen probably thousands of drafts. I am eminently qualified to judge them as garbage.

No.

Widowed Land
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Widowed Land » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:10 pm

Separatist Peoples wrote:
Widowed Land wrote:

OOC: Can. Am. I've seen probably thousands of drafts. I am eminently qualified to judge them as garbage.

No.

OOC: omg, it was you? sorry, i thought it was other nation, which i don't like much. Not sleeping didn't do much good. Sorry again, it wasn't for you.

Marxist Germany
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Germany » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:06 am

Widowed Land wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:OOC: Can. Am. I've seen probably thousands of drafts. I am eminently qualified to judge them as garbage.

No.

OOC: omg, it was you? sorry, i thought it was other nation, which i don't like much. Not sleeping didn't do much good. Sorry again, it wasn't for you.

OOC:Excuses.
Author of GA#461, GA#470, GA#477, GA#481, GA#486 (co-author), and SC#295

Former delegate of The United Federations; citizen and former Senior Senator of 10000 Islands; 113th Knight of TITO

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:08 am

Widowed Land wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:OOC: Can. Am. I've seen probably thousands of drafts. I am eminently qualified to judge them as garbage.

No.

OOC: Mistakes happen, dont worry about it.

Widowed Land
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Widowed Land » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:11 am

Marxist Germany wrote:
Widowed Land wrote:

OOC:Excuses.

OOc: not excuses, it was meant for you.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:42 am

Widowed Land wrote:OOc: not excuses, it was meant for you.

Knock it off with the puppetwanking and semi-flaming before I have to take official notice, Ramprage / Widowed Land.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly