NATION

PASSWORD

[DISCARDED] Ban On The Involuntary Administration Of Drugs

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:38 pm

The Yellow Monkey wrote:
Bananaistan wrote:OOC: IIRC that refers to the discard function we use to hide proposals not yet at vote from the publicly available proposal queue. The situation here was a moderator discard because only a moderator can discard at vote resolutions.

Again, just saying how it looks from the perspective of a player watching it play out. It seems odd to me that there would be greater transparency when it comes to a function used to hide a proposal and then remove it from the queue than for deletion of one already at vote. Especially since as far as I can see the ultimate justification for either of those actions is the same (i.e. some ultimate determination of illegality).

To the extent that Gen Sec does not follow the "Discard" procedures in its rules for this situation, and that Gen Sec will discard a proposal at vote using different rules, it really is not fair to proposal authors to take such action without some notice of the process that might result in their proposal being trash-canned.

Just trying to keep the game fair, is all.

Gensec uses the mod discard function (via moderators, we have to ask them) as part of our regular ruling process. The procedure is identical to how we would treat an unsubmitted proposal. The only difference is that the only remedy for an at vote proposal is a mod discard based on coding limits.

Players have all the notice they need regarding challenges and procedure for such circumstances.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

The Yellow Monkey
Attaché

Founded: Jan 13, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Yellow Monkey » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:54 pm

Separatist Peoples wrote:*snip*

Okay that's what I originally thought. Bananaistan's response implied that the Gen Sec rules on the use of discard didn't apply to this situation because the proposal was already at vote. Happy to hear that's not the case.

Previous

Return to WA Archives