NATION

PASSWORD

Abandoned

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:38 pm

Doctis Rebus wrote:The same could be said about the Vienna Convention; diplomatic immunity was basically already there before it

OOC: The Vienna Convention involves far, far more than just codifying diplomatic immunity. That is but one part. That is not the case here. Try again?

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Doctis Rebus
Secretary

Founded: Jan 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Doctis Rebus » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:01 pm

That doesn’t take away from the fact that part of it was codifying what was already there. So what I’m gathering from this is that the proposal is legal but it probably won’t be popular...
The Venerable Supreme Chancellor of The Federal Government of the Republic of Doctis Rebus,
Flavius Tito

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:02 pm

Doctis Rebus wrote:That doesn’t take away from the fact that part of it was codifying what was already there. So what I’m gathering from this is that the proposal is legal but it probably won’t be popular...

OOC: That is what I said. If you can't grasp the difference...well, that isn't on me.

Its extremely unpopular, from the feedback you've received.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Doctis Rebus
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Doctis Rebus » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:04 pm

OOC: I might as well give up... and find something better to write about
The Venerable Supreme Chancellor of The Federal Government of the Republic of Doctis Rebus,
Flavius Tito

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:05 pm

Doctis Rebus wrote:That doesn’t take away from the fact that part of it was codifying what was already there. So what I’m gathering from this is that the proposal is legal but it probably won’t be popular...

no from what we gathered as members of the NS for many years as well as some high ranking peeps in the WA have stated several of your things in the bill are unenforceable therefore it is not legal you keep trying to spin our comments to try and make it seem were approving your bill after tweaks but as of now your bill wont get enough votes to even get close to the floor of the WA. so best bet is to trash and start from scratch w/o copying from other GA bills that have already passed.
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:22 pm

Doctis Rebus wrote:OOC: I might as well give up... and find something better to write about

OOC: For future reference, deleting your proposal from the first post after it has received negative comments is considered to be childish and very poor manners here, being on the level of a kid throwing a temper tantrum in a shop when a parent tells them they can't have a chocolate bar.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Doctis Rebus
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Doctis Rebus » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:26 am

OOC: That was not my intention: if a bill has no support why should I continue prattling on about it?
Flavius Tito

Sierra Lyricalia
Senator

Founded: Nov 29, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sierra Lyricalia » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:47 am

Doctis Rebus wrote:OOC: That was not my intention: if a bill has no support why should I continue prattling on about it?

OOC: It's the erasure, not the abandonment, that is poor form. "You don't like my idea? Well, nobody's ever gonna be able to look at why!" Abandonment of an unworkable idea is just par for the course and most everyone who has written for the GA has some drafts that didn't go anywhere.
Principal-Agent, Anarchy; Squadron Admiral [fmr], The Red Fleet
The Semi-Honorable Leonid Berkman Pavonis
Author: 354 GA / Issues 436, 451, 724
Ambassador Pro Tem
Tech Level: Complicated (or not: 7/0/6 i.e. 12) / RP Details
Jerk, Ideological Deviant, Roach, MT Army stooge, & "red [who] do[es]n't read" (various)
Illustrious Bum #279

Hatzisland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 05, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Hatzisland » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:35 pm

Sierra Lyricalia wrote:
Doctis Rebus wrote:OOC: That was not my intention: if a bill has no support why should I continue prattling on about it?

OOC: It's the erasure, not the abandonment, that is poor form. "You don't like my idea? Well, nobody's ever gonna be able to look at why!" Abandonment of an unworkable idea is just par for the course and most everyone who has written for the GA has some drafts that didn't go anywhere.

I agree. When I abandon a proposal, I put it on the title, and say that the thread has been abandoned(I also have said people could copy and paste it if they want and fight that fight, as long as they list me as co-author. Using someone else's proposal without written permission is prohibited.)
"The world dies when freedom dies"
-A wise man(me)
Dedicated to repealing GAR #286 and GAR #457, as well as fighting the radical globalists in the WA.
Currently Inoffensive Centrist Democracy, which goes to show how flawed the naming system is.
Passed Biology knowing there are two genders, and passed History knowing conservatism works.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly