NATION

PASSWORD

Proposed Replacement If "Reproductive Freedoms" Is Repealed

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:58 am

TURTLESHROOM II wrote:Snipped

(OOC: Those quotes were said by The New Bluestocking Homeland, not me; the quote formatting is wrong.)
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:56 pm

Kyoki Chudoku wrote:"In the eyes of Chudokuren medical professionals, an unwanted foetus at any stage of development is effectively an internal parasite."

IC: "Oh, here we go. Y'all do know that human fetuses dispatch stem cells to repair the organs of the momma and even improve the health of her organs, right?"

Kyoki Chudoku wrote:"Therefore, its removal, while providing some medical risks, is perfectly acceptable under our ethical guidelines. It does not matter if such a parasite feels pain any more than it matters that, for instance, a mosquito feels pain upon being swatted."

IC: "I'm a talkin' turtle, and in my religion, the consensus is that I ain't got no soul. I'm quite surprised to have discovered a human that's got no soul! Didn't think it was possible. I mean, I presume you think a born infant don't need to be recusitated, or some sort of trall period should exist to determine if you want to keep your key-id. Let me guess. You're called an ethicist in their country, or your findin's are derived from them."

Kyoki Chudoku wrote:Individuals should not be caused unnecessary pain, trauma and suffering as a result of unfortunate accidents. To force them do so is tantamount to mandating torture, an act with which this assembly generally has a passionate disagreement.”

IC: "This assembly already allows humans sufferin' Gender Identity Disorder and it's correspondin' dysphoria to mutilate their bodies and mandates member states to permit it. This is in spite of the fact that mutilatin' and LARP-in' as the opposite sex ain't gone do nothin' to help the patient. They're still suicidal, they're still sufferin', and yet the World Assembly has no interest in actually helpin 'em make peace with their bodies."

IC: "Refusin' to address Gender Identity Disorder and instead encouragin' them to deal with gender dysphoria by mutlatin' themselves is pushing these humans down a long, painful, expensive path that their body literally rejects. It is, in all means, an exact equal to tellin' an anorexic that they're fat and that starvin' them will help them achieve the mental image involuntarily forced on them."

IC: "-That's one example. When it comes to human babies, folks like y'all have no problem with literally dismemberin' them, up to the day of birth. I mean, imagine a pregnant human whose baby's a-crownin' and the key-id's 'bout to come out, and then she says 'oh wait, I don't want it', so she lets a doctuh chop that suckuh up raht down the hall."

IC: "I say that if ya don't want an unwanted pregnancy, you can close your legs, put it in your pants, or take contraception; humans have 'gotta stop tryin' to skirt responsibility for their actions!"

There was a long pause.

IC: "Honestly, y'all humans are messed up. You gots issues where you're attracted to somethin' that cain't make kids, y'all deliver lahv birth in an extremely painful and gruesome process, your men can think they're girls n' vahs-versa... we turtles are all straight, we don't question our genduh, and we are matriarchal! Females make all the decisions as well as leadin' the matin' process, and they NEVER kill their eggs. Dealin' with the World Assembly makes me thank God and Jesus that I ain't no human. Every day."
Jesus loves you and died for you!
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter
"NOOKULAR" STOCKPILE: 701,033 fission and dropping, 7 fusion.
CM wrote:Have I reached peak enlightened centrism yet? I'm getting chills just thinking about taking an actual position.

Proctopeo wrote:anarcho-von habsburgism

Lillorainen wrote:"Tengri's balls, [do] boys really never grow up?!"
Nuroblav wrote:On the contrary! Seize the means of ROBOT ARMS!
News ticker (updated 4/6/2024 AD):

As TS adapts to new normal, large flagellant sects remain -|- TurtleShroom forfeits imperial dignity -|- "Skibidi Toilet" creator awarded highest artistic honor for contributions to wholesome family entertainment (obscene gestures cut out)

Falcania
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Falcania » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:03 pm

TURTLESHROOM II wrote:IC: "This assembly already allows humans sufferin' Gender Identity Disorder and it's correspondin' dysphoria to mutilate their bodies and mandates member states to permit it. This is in spite of the fact that mutilatin' and LARP-in' as the opposite sex ain't gone do nothin' to help the patient. They're still suicidal, they're still sufferin', and yet the World Assembly has no interest in actually helpin 'em make peace with their bodies."

IC: "Refusin' to address Gender Identity Disorder and instead encouragin' them to deal with gender dysphoria by mutlatin' themselves is pushing these humans down a long, painful, expensive path that their body literally rejects. It is, in all means, an exact equal to tellin' an anorexic that they're fat and that starvin' them will help them achieve the mental image involuntarily forced on them."

IC: "-That's one example. When it comes to human babies, folks like y'all have no problem with literally dismemberin' them, up to the day of birth. I mean, imagine a pregnant human whose baby's a-crownin' and the key-id's 'bout to come out, and then she says 'oh wait, I don't want it', so she lets a doctuh chop that suckuh up raht down the hall."

That's not factual in any single case you've mentioned. Are you sure you're a sapient turtle?
II & Sports: The Free Kingdom of Falcania, Jayla, New Nestia, and Realms Otherwise Beneath the Skies

World Assembly: Ser Jeine Wilhelmsen on behalf of Queen Falcon IV, representing the Free Kingdom and the ancient and great region of Atlantian Oceania

Elyreia
Envoy

Founded: Jun 29, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Elyreia » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:16 pm

Turtle eggs are a delicacy in Elyreia. Regardless, actual studies on gender versus sex produce a bimodal curve, not a pie chart. Scientifically and factually speaking, there are biological variances in sex that product differing gender traits.
The Principality of Elyreia (Dārilarostegun Elyreia)
The Principality of Elyreia Wiki

World Assembly Ambassador: Dārilaros Korus Vaelans
Uncrowned Head of the House of Vaelans-Volaria
[he/him/she/her/they/them]
(Character Dossier)

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:29 pm

TURTLESHROOM II wrote:IC: "Refusin' to address Gender Identity Disorder and instead encouragin' them to deal with gender dysphoria by mutlatin' themselves is pushing these humans down a long, painful, expensive path that their body literally rejects. It is, in all means, an exact equal to tellin' an anorexic that they're fat and that starvin' them will help them achieve the mental image involuntarily forced on them."

IC: "As a turtle, you perhaps shouldn't comment anything on human psychology, as it's very apparent you haven't got the faintest clue of what you're talking about," Johan commented, while thumbing through the collection of WA resolutions to see if there was anything there prohibiting him from eating sapient species not his own. "Sex reassignment treatments in humans are not "mutilation", nor are anywhere near all of them surgical. I won't even touch the involuntary forcing of anything on anyone, as that's clearly nonsensical."

OOC: Putting it in IC doesn't make it not flamebaiting. Don't think I'm not aware of you doing that intentionally.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Hatzisland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 05, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Hatzisland » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:06 pm

TURTLESHROOM II wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:"This is a blatant attempt to restrict abortion under the guise of permitting it. Opposed."

[IC]

There was a pause in the vents for a moment.

"Yeah, prohibitin' dismem-buh-ment and mandatin' babies that survive abortions be rescusitated sure is somethin' worth opposin, ain't it?"

Absolutely correct.
"The world dies when freedom dies"
-A wise man(me)
Dedicated to repealing GAR #286 and GAR #457, as well as fighting the radical globalists in the WA.
Currently Inoffensive Centrist Democracy, which goes to show how flawed the naming system is.
Passed Biology knowing there are two genders, and passed History knowing conservatism works.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:12 pm

TURTLESHROOM II wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:"This is a blatant attempt to restrict abortion under the guise of permitting it. Opposed."

[IC]

There was a pause in the vents for a moment.

"Yeah, prohibitin' dismem-buh-ment and mandatin' babies that survive abortions be rescusitated sure is somethin' worth opposin, ain't it?"

"Its quite a shame if the doctors are so incompetent to botch an abortion. Doesn't generally occur here."

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Kyoki Chudoku
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 28, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Kyoki Chudoku » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:31 pm

TURTLESHROOM II wrote:
Kyoki Chudoku wrote:"In the eyes of Chudokuren medical professionals, an unwanted foetus at any stage of development is effectively an internal parasite."

IC: "Oh, here we go. Y'all do know that human fetuses dispatch stem cells to repair the organs of the momma and even improve the health of her organs, right?"

Kyoki Chudoku wrote:"Therefore, its removal, while providing some medical risks, is perfectly acceptable under our ethical guidelines. It does not matter if such a parasite feels pain any more than it matters that, for instance, a mosquito feels pain upon being swatted."

IC: "I'm a talkin' turtle, and in my religion, the consensus is that I ain't got no soul. I'm quite surprised to have discovered a human that's got no soul! Didn't think it was possible. I mean, I presume you think a born infant don't need to be recusitated, or some sort of trall period should exist to determine if you want to keep your key-id. Let me guess. You're called an ethicist in their country, or your findin's are derived from them."

Kyoki Chudoku wrote:Individuals should not be caused unnecessary pain, trauma and suffering as a result of unfortunate accidents. To force them do so is tantamount to mandating torture, an act with which this assembly generally has a passionate disagreement.”

IC: "This assembly already allows humans sufferin' Gender Identity Disorder and it's correspondin' dysphoria to mutilate their bodies and mandates member states to permit it. This is in spite of the fact that mutilatin' and LARP-in' as the opposite sex ain't gone do nothin' to help the patient. They're still suicidal, they're still sufferin', and yet the World Assembly has no interest in actually helpin 'em make peace with their bodies."

IC: "I say that if ya don't want an unwanted pregnancy, you can close your legs, put it in your pants, or take contraception; humans have 'gotta stop tryin' to skirt responsibility for their actions!"

There was a long pause.

IC: "Honestly, y'all humans are messed up. You gots issues where you're attracted to somethin' that cain't make kids, y'all deliver lahv birth in an extremely painful and gruesome process, your men can think they're girls n' vahs-versa... we turtles are all straight, we don't question our genduh, and we are matriarchal! Females make all the decisions as well as leadin' the matin' process, and they NEVER kill their eggs. Dealin' with the World Assembly makes me thank God and Jesus that I ain't no human. Every day."

Naosu listened to the entirety of the speech, took a moment to compose her thoughts, and began a rebuttal. ”Any beneficial impacts of the parasite are irrelevant. Tapeworms, for example, reduce weight gain, which is in many cases a desirable impact. This does not change their fundamental nature as parasitic organisms. In much the same way, an unwanted foetus detracts resources from a parent and, at least the case of humans- I confess unfamiliarity with non-humanoid medicine, as it is not my area of expertise- cause substantial pain.”

Naosu took a moment to adjust her mask slightly. Perfectionist as she was, she hated even the slightest flaws in appearance. ”While religion is ultimately irrelevant this discussion, it is my firm belief that souls do not exist in any beings, besides perhaps in some systems of arcanity. You may regard me as amoral. My responsibility is the improvement of the population through the elimination of maladies and defects. Your attempts to compare the removal of developing foetus and a born child who has suffered death are perplexing.”

She took a step forward. ”Your entire tirade on previous resolutions and their impacts is entirely irrelevant to this discussion and exists only out of a sense of moral necessity or, potentially, a desire to distract your detractors from the flaws in your reasoning here with your flaws in reasoning elsewhere. I do not agree with self-mutilation. However, many in my nation partake in minor cases of self-mutilation as a celebration of the deaths of enemies and a tally of killed foes. I disagree with this practice. But I cannot prevent its occurrence, as to many, it is a hold on sanity. Many will find this an odd defence. I am apathetic to that possibility.”

Naosu took another step forward. ”I am a perfectionist and experience a form of obsessive-compulsive disorder. Chudokurens suffer from a high rate of psychological and physical trauma due to recent events. For example, chronic resurgent agony syndrome is a condition which results in bursts of overwhelming agony and indeterminate intervals which can range from months to seconds. As a medical professional, it is my opinion that you are therefore less qualified to ascertain the nature of psychological conditions than myself. Your advice is, to us, useless. I hope that you appreciated the flow of endorphins and dopamine that no doubt flooded your underdeveloped reptilian brain as you shouted at the nature of humans. Perhaps your method of reproduction is what allows you to distance yourself from the excruciating agony of undesired birth. Additionally, though I am exotic in this regard, I view reproductive potential based purely on a genetic basis. This is irrelevant to my argument, but I wish for you to know nonetheless so you do not accuse me of wanton compassion when I am, in reality, attempting to employ rationality. Your gratitude towards nonexistent beings is no doubt appreciated. It is not, however, powerful enough to make your argument persuasive.”

Any and all condescension, insults, and indeed all of the above stuff is intended purely from an IC perspective.
This nation exists for fun and insanity, not to represent my actual views which are much more mundane and boring.
Also, I don't use NS stats. So please ignore them.
Current Status (yes, I'm bad at keeping this updated): Immaterial

TG me for a free cookie. May contain traces of hydrogen cyanide.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly