NATION

PASSWORD

[ABANDONNED] Rights of the Unborn

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Karteria
Envoy

Founded: Jun 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Karteria » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:19 am

"Wholeheartedly opposed. Same goes for any supposed repeal of GAR #286."
World Assembly Delegate for the New West Indies region.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:06 am

Nagatar Karumuttu Chettiar wrote:the US passed laws legalizing abortion up until the moment of birth

That would be New York state in particular.

"Oh, gosh, I forgot my lanyard, haven't I?", Lacklustre Tinhamptonian Intern of Sorts for the WA: "How can referral to a baby, unborn baby as a clump of cells be deemed promotion of third-term abortion? Also, while women can choose when their baby is aborted, then what happens?" (Tinhampton is OOCly against, ICly nominally on the fence but will be opposed to any contradictory resolutions such as this one)
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:11 am

“I am opposed on principle. On another note, since I feel my opposition is rather unoriginal given every other ambassador’s similar stance, I don’t think there is a need for clause 2 to exist. A foetus is literally a clump of cells. That is what it is. Whilst that is an undescriptive, vague, long-winded name, it works.”
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

The New Nordic Union
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 08, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The New Nordic Union » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:20 am

Nagatar Karumuttu Chettiar wrote:
[...]
that late-term abortion will be prohibited by this august assembly save in cases of:
[...]
Incest,
[...]

OOC:
Why single out incest in this way?
Why is a person whose unwanted pregnancy was the result of consensual incestuous acts worthy of more protection than other pregnant people?
Permanent Representative of the Nordic Union to the World Assembly: Katrin við Keldu

Elyreia
Envoy

Founded: Jun 29, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Elyreia » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:42 pm

Elyreia is a stringent crusader for equal rights (as many of you may already know from our tirades on previous debates), however this is a case where the rights of one are being squashed for the rights of another no matter which way the debate goes.

Either we remove the rights of females over their own bodies in order to allow an unwanted fetus to inhabit and use their body against their wills, or we remove the rights of the unborn fetus who does not have the ability to act autonomously outside of the body.

In such a case, we must decide whose rights are more important. This is a very sour debate, but Elyreia's decision is that the females have priority over the fetus. Else-wise we give them less control over their bodies than males may have.
The Principality of Elyreia (Dārilarostegun Elyreia)
The Principality of Elyreia Wiki

World Assembly Ambassador: Dārilaros Korus Vaelans
Uncrowned Head of the House of Vaelans-Volaria
[he/him/she/her/they/them]
(Character Dossier)

The Unfounded
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 07, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Unfounded » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:06 pm

Categorically opposed.
Godulan Puppet 1
The Servants of the True Way of the Will: A multi-galactic anti-technology crusade that plies the stars in vessels shaped with the power of their own minds. To give up your material devices and trinkets is to learn how to access the true power that all can wield.

A 1.09 civilization, according to this Nation Index Thingie
All NS stats are non-canon with this nation.

Previous

Return to General Assembly