NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] International Council on Equality

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
User avatar
Tanwirid
Envoy
 
Posts: 307
Founded: Jan 01, 2019
Authoritarian Democracy

[DRAFT] International Council on Equality

Postby Tanwirid » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:03 am

International Council on Equality
Category: Social Justice || Strength: Mild|| Proposed by: Tanwirid

Defining 'Inequality' as a state when there is an inadequate distribution of facilities,

Also recognizing that inequality leads to anarchy,chaos and loss in all aspects, and

Urging member nations to curb and limit the VVIP culture,

Defining 'VVIP culture' as a phenomenon of ultra-lavishly treating the elite at the expense of the weak,

Defining 'VVIP system' as a system where the VVIP culture is the norm,

The World Assembly hereby,

  1. Establishes an International Council on Equality, tasked with appointing officials to monitor levels of corruption, ostentation, VVIP culture,

  2. Mandates that all WA nations repeal the VVIP system,

  3. Encourages the WA nations to provide a panel to raise complaints of inequality,
Last edited by Tanwirid on Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
News: Shamsid will have its Turbanation soon.

User avatar
Kenmoria
Senator
 
Posts: 3788
Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Corporate Bordello

Postby Kenmoria » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:35 am

“What are VVIP culture and the VVIP system?”
A representative democracy with a parliament of 535 seats
Kenmoria is Laissez-Faire on economy but centre-left on social issues
Located in Europe and border France to the right and Spain below
NS stats and policies are not canon, use the factbooks
Not in the WA despite coincidentally following nearly all resolutions
This is due to a problem with how the WA contradicts democracy
However we do have a WA mission and often participate in drafting
Current ambassador: James Lewitt

For more information, read the factbooks here.

User avatar
Maowi
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 197
Founded: Jan 07, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Maowi » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:37 am

Wait, this has been submitted?
Only dead fish go with the flow
(mostly assume OOC unless otherwise stated)

Policies of Maowi
Maowese News
The Monthly Humbug

Sloths (yay!)
Maowi does use NS stats gasp (unless they contradict the factbooks)

User avatar
Bananaistan
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 2083
Founded: Apr 20, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bananaistan » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:18 am

OOC: I was leaning towards illegal under the Understandable English rule as I have no idea what VVIP culture and the VVIP system are, then I thought that the final clause appears to just about make it through as a valid operative clause (if one clause is understandable and all others are nonsense, I just ignore the nonsense clauses and treat it like the understandable clause is the only clause), finally I realised that it's a forum to raise complaints of complaints in "the WA nation". So illegal under the Understandable English rule.

Regarding the final clause, assuming that it should only be "complaints of discrimination" it's so mild as to be virtually non-existent and if a member state is compliant with existing international law, there's no point in such a forum. I advise withdrawal and significant redrafting.
Last edited by Bananaistan on Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Delegation of the People's Republic of Bananaistan to the World Assembly
Head of delegation and the Permanent Representative: Comrade Ambassador Theodorus "Ted" Hornwood
General Assistant and Head of Security: Comrade Watchman Brian of Tarth
There was the Pope and John F. Kennedy and Jack Charlton and the three of them were staring me in the face.

User avatar
Araraukar
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12351
Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:37 pm

Tanwirid wrote:
International Council on Equality
Category: Social Justice || Strength: Mild|| Proposed by: Tanwirid

Defining 'Inequality' as a state when there is an inadequate distribution of facilities,

Also recognizing that inequality leads to anarchy,chaos and loss in all aspects, and

Urging member nations to curb and limit the VVIP culture,

The World Assembly hereby,

  1. Establishes an International Council on Equality, tasked with appointing officials to monitor levels of corruption, ostentation, VVIP culture,

  2. Mandates that all WA nation repeal the VVIP system,

  3. Encourages the WA nation to provide a forum to raise complaints of discrimination and complaints,
"I've come to appreciate boring bureaucracy much more after my official execution..." - Johan Milkus, acting ambassador in the absence of miss Leveret
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.

User avatar
Tanwirid
Envoy
 
Posts: 307
Founded: Jan 01, 2019
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Tanwirid » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:03 am

Tanwirid wrote:
International Council on Equality
Category: Social Justice || Strength: Mild|| Proposed by: Tanwirid

Defining 'Inequality' as a state when there is an inadequate distribution of facilities,

Also recognizing that inequality leads to anarchy,chaos and loss in all aspects, and

Urging member nations to curb and limit the VVIP culture,

Defining 'VVIP culture' as a phenomenon of ultra-lavishly treating the elite at the expense of the weak,

Defining 'VVIP system' as a system where the VVIP culture is the norm,

The World Assembly hereby,

  1. Establishes an International Council on Equality, tasked with appointing officials to monitor levels of corruption, ostentation, VVIP culture,

  2. Mandates that all WA nations repeal the VVIP system,

  3. Encourages the WA nations to provide a panel to raise complaints of inequality,

Edited!
News: Shamsid will have its Turbanation soon.

User avatar
Tanwirid
Envoy
 
Posts: 307
Founded: Jan 01, 2019
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Tanwirid » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:03 am

I will publish it soon
News: Shamsid will have its Turbanation soon.

User avatar
Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 13783
Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Separatist Peoples » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:23 pm

Tanwirid wrote:I will publish it soon

OOC: I wouldn't if I were you. You haven't addressed the concerns here. Its probably illegal.

What's the problem with lawyer jokes?
Lawyer's don't think they're funny, and no one else thinks they're jokes.

Third year law student, homebrewer, and cat worshiper

User avatar
Tanwirid
Envoy
 
Posts: 307
Founded: Jan 01, 2019
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Tanwirid » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:36 pm

Separatist Peoples wrote:
Tanwirid wrote:I will publish it soon

OOC: I wouldn't if I were you. You haven't addressed the concerns here. Its probably illegal.

I did address a few, anymore things?
News: Shamsid will have its Turbanation soon.

User avatar
Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat
 
Posts: 13783
Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Separatist Peoples » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:36 pm

Tanwirid wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:OOC: I wouldn't if I were you. You haven't addressed the concerns here. Its probably illegal.

I did address a few, anymore things?

You never once define what VVIP is. Without that, its gibberish, and therefore not understandable English.

What's the problem with lawyer jokes?
Lawyer's don't think they're funny, and no one else thinks they're jokes.

Third year law student, homebrewer, and cat worshiper

User avatar
The Sheika
Diplomat
 
Posts: 636
Founded: Jul 27, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Sheika » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:42 pm

Tanwirid wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:OOC: I wouldn't if I were you. You haven't addressed the concerns here. Its probably illegal.

I did address a few, anymore things?

Before you submit anything else, slow down. Writing a resolution is a marathon, not a sprint. First off, what is VVIP? Second, how or why is it a concern for the international community? Third, sell us on your point of view; how is this supposed to help anything? Basically, give a full explanation of how this is supposed to work.
Left-Leaning Independent, Agnostic, Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran, Cook by trade, writer as a hobby.
Delegate to the World Assembly from Absolution
Colonel Jack Austin, Militaristic Federation of the Sheika

User avatar
Tanwirid
Envoy
 
Posts: 307
Founded: Jan 01, 2019
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Tanwirid » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:09 am

The Sheika wrote:
Tanwirid wrote:I did address a few, anymore things?

Before you submit anything else, slow down. Writing a resolution is a marathon, not a sprint. First off, what is VVIP? Second, how or why is it a concern for the international community? Third, sell us on your point of view; how is this supposed to help anything? Basically, give a full explanation of how this is supposed to work.

1. VVIPs are very very important people who are accorded special privileges due to their status or importance and also have a high spending power.
2. Such people tend to become ultra-poweful and can lead their countries to accept their demands. Also those who are weak become weaker, due to VVIPs getting most of the resources.
News: Shamsid will have its Turbanation soon.

User avatar
Araraukar
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12351
Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:51 am

Tanwirid wrote:1. VVIPs are very very important people who are accorded special privileges due to their status or importance and also have a high spending power.
2. Such people tend to become ultra-poweful and can lead their countries to accept their demands. Also those who are weak become weaker, due to VVIPs getting most of the resources.

OOC: First time I've ever heard of VVIPs, which suggests to me that they're not a very big problem. Certainly not one that would need addressing on the international stage.
"I've come to appreciate boring bureaucracy much more after my official execution..." - Johan Milkus, acting ambassador in the absence of miss Leveret
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.

User avatar
The Sheika
Diplomat
 
Posts: 636
Founded: Jul 27, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Sheika » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:25 am

Araraukar wrote:
Tanwirid wrote:1. VVIPs are very very important people who are accorded special privileges due to their status or importance and also have a high spending power.
2. Such people tend to become ultra-poweful and can lead their countries to accept their demands. Also those who are weak become weaker, due to VVIPs getting most of the resources.

OOC: First time I've ever heard of VVIPs, which suggests to me that they're not a very big problem. Certainly not one that would need addressing on the international stage.

OOC: I would it is a safe bet that until Tanwirid had used the acronym, that it is the first time anybody here has heard of VVIPs. Given the description, it sounds more like an isolated incident instead of an international issue.
Left-Leaning Independent, Agnostic, Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran, Cook by trade, writer as a hobby.
Delegate to the World Assembly from Absolution
Colonel Jack Austin, Militaristic Federation of the Sheika

User avatar
Wrapper
Senior Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 5738
Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Postby Wrapper » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:39 am

The Sheika wrote:OOC: I would it is a safe bet that until Tanwirid had used the acronym, that it is the first time anybody here has heard of VVIPs.

You lose. Regardless, acronyms and abbreviations should be spelled out.


Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bananaistan, Maowi

Advertisement

Remove ads