NATION

PASSWORD

Just a question about legislations

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Danlina
Envoy

Founded: Jan 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Just a question about legislations

Postby Danlina » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:57 am

In what way do my legislations affect the world? From what I understood if a legislation passes it should affect everyone’s stats in some way. So let’s say I want to pass a legislation that in theory should nerf arms manufacturing, can I just make it so my legislation changes everyone’s stats on arms manufacturing?
Republic of Danlina

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:02 am

Danlina wrote:In what way do my legislations affect the world? From what I understood if a legislation passes it should affect everyone’s stats in some way. So let’s say I want to pass a legislation that in theory should nerf arms manufacturing, can I just make it so my legislation changes everyone’s stats on arms manufacturing?

Yes, if you pass a resolution, it affects statistics. But you cant just dictate what statistical effect will happen. You have to write a legal proposal and get it passed, and the statistics alterations will occur based on category and strength.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Sierra Lyricalia
Senator

Founded: Nov 29, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sierra Lyricalia » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:08 am

Separatist Peoples wrote:
Danlina wrote:In what way do my legislations affect the world? From what I understood if a legislation passes it should affect everyone’s stats in some way. So let’s say I want to pass a legislation that in theory should nerf arms manufacturing, can I just make it so my legislation changes everyone’s stats on arms manufacturing?

Yes, if you pass a resolution, it affects statistics. But you cant just dictate what statistical effect will happen. You have to write a legal proposal and get it passed, and the statistics alterations will occur based on category and strength.

To elaborate, resolutions are divided strictly into categories, each of which affects a specific constellation of national statistics worldwide. The closest legitimate category to your example (reduction of arms manufacturing) would be Global Disarmament, which also reduces national military and police budgets.
Principal-Agent, Anarchy; Squadron Admiral [fmr], The Red Fleet
The Semi-Honorable Leonid Berkman Pavonis
Author: 354 GA / Issues 436, 451, 724
Ambassador Pro Tem
Tech Level: Complicated (or not: 7/0/6 i.e. 12) / RP Details
Jerk, Ideological Deviant, Roach, MT Army stooge, & "red [who] do[es]n't read" (various)
Illustrious Bum #279

Danlina
Envoy

Founded: Jan 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Danlina » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:07 pm

Sierra Lyricalia wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:Yes, if you pass a resolution, it affects statistics. But you cant just dictate what statistical effect will happen. You have to write a legal proposal and get it passed, and the statistics alterations will occur based on category and strength.

To elaborate, resolutions are divided strictly into categories, each of which affects a specific constellation of national statistics worldwide. The closest legitimate category to your example (reduction of arms manufacturing) would be Global Disarmament, which also reduces national military and police budgets.

okay, let's get things straight. I can't just handpick specifically what I want to change, but I need to choose from pre-written options that are usually broad, and I can't just choose how strong the effect will be. Did I understand things clearly?
Last edited by Danlina on Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Republic of Danlina

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:08 pm

Danlina wrote:
Sierra Lyricalia wrote:

okay, let's get things straight. I can't just handpick specifically what I want to change, but I need to choose from pre-written options that are usually broad, and I can't just choose how strong the effect will be. Did I understand things clearly?

You can choose between three strengths. But otherwise, yes.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Return to General Assembly