NATION

PASSWORD

[Abandoned]Repeal: "Intersystem Space Stations Programme"

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

[Abandoned]Repeal: "Intersystem Space Stations Programme"

Postby Aclion » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:39 pm

The World Assembly,

Believing the goal of "Intersystem Space Station Programme", to facilitate scientific research through the construction of orbital research facilities, to be a noble one,

However;

Concerned that many of the specifics of the resolution's mandates are nebulous, leaving officials unclear on exactly what is expected of who,

Particularly concerned that it is unclear whether we are to be building one station, or several, as the resolution refers to both "stations" and a "station",

Observing that many of this assembly's members already have space programs of their own, including some which involve the construction of international space stations,

Noting that under the existing General Assembly Resolution #451 members are strongly encouraged to share the results of their space program's research

Aware that, given the diversity of World Assembly's members and the territories they inhabit, and the fact that many do not have launch capabilities, it will be difficult to ensure that all nations will have access to these stations, or station, as the case may be,

Recognising that it is fundamentally unfair to require nations to fund a project which they do not have the means to access,

Worried that the resolution's failure to standardize docking hardware makes it unlikely that stations will indeed be accessible by all nations without the use of an inordinate number of adapters,

Believing that the construction of such stations is better left to the cooperative efforts of our member nations and that confusion is best avoided in any project where large quantities of rocket fuel is involved, the World Assembly hereby;

Repeals General Assembly Resolution #453 "Intersystem Space Stations Programme"
Last edited by Aclion on Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:12 pm, edited 7 times in total.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:26 am

“On a minor formatting point, there should probably be a line break between the first line and the ‘Believing’ clause. Also, the ‘who’ should be a ‘whom’ at the end of the ‘Concerned’ clause. Although, this may be a moot point, as Intersystem Space Stations Programme looks to be set to fail at vote currently.”
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:35 am

Kenmoria wrote:“On a minor formatting point, there should probably be a line break between the first line and the ‘Believing’ clause. Also, the ‘who’ should be a ‘whom’ at the end of the ‘Concerned’ clause. Although, this may be a moot point, as Intersystem Space Stations Programme looks to be set to fail at vote currently.”

Thank you. Yes it's very close. I don't think i've ever seen a resolution stay this close this long.

With another author taking on the repeal efforts I'm going to leave this for them.
Last edited by Aclion on Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Return to General Assembly