NATION

PASSWORD

[Draft] Repeal GA#453: Intersystem Space Stations Programme

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Veniyerris
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

[Draft] Repeal GA#453: Intersystem Space Stations Programme

Postby Veniyerris » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:07 pm

Seeing as the current GA proposal is a close vote which is currently leaning for, I have been working on a repeal for it. Feedback is appreciated

Repeal GA#453: Intersystem Space Stations Programme

The World Assembly,

Acknowledging that the intention to foster scientific advancement in space is laudable;

Believing that the target resolution to be poorly written, convoluted, and unclear in its intent;

Shocked that the target lacks defined goals, while requiring unlimited and ongoing funding, all for an undefined “scientific benefit”;

Noting the vague definition of distance in the proposal, especially in the context of nations with differing tech levels;

Concerned that the target does not take into account the desires of member nations when requiring support for the construction of space stations

Additionally concerned that the target requires nations to contribute to and fund the construction and planning of Space Stations without considering nations’ level of technical achievement or economic position;

Alarmed that the resolution would benefit nations with high levels of technological advancement, while taking precious funding away from nations with low levels of technological advancement;

Concluding that this resolution is aimed at discriminating against less wealthy and technologically advanced societies, an aim unbecoming of this esteemed Assembly;

Hereby repeals GA#453: Intersystem Space Stations Programme

Bobberino
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 16, 2018
Father Knows Best State

Postby Bobberino » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:08 pm

Should this pass, I'm couping TNP just so I can approve this one. :p
Hi! I'm Bobberino. Not sure why you're wasting your time reading this but eventually I'll figure out all my positions. That time is not now.

Obligatory disclaimer that my posts do not represent any region or any official position therein. All opinions are mine, and mine alone, unless otherwise stated.

Have a nice day! :)

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:24 am

“I would add that member nations must fund space stations, through the WA general fund, even when they do not wish to explore the cosmos, possibly for religious or sociological reasons. I’m currently neutral on a repeal; although Kenmoria has a strong interest in exploring space through the WA Mission, a replacement could accomplish this far better.”
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Kranostav
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kranostav » Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:11 pm

I have some potential edits coming, but full support. Hopefully this is a quick instarepeal.
Non-compliance is lame and you should feel bad
The meddling WA Kid of Kranostav
Author of GAR #423 and #460

Veniyerris
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Veniyerris » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:07 pm

Kenmoria wrote:“I would add that member nations must fund space stations, through the WA general fund, even when they do not wish to explore the cosmos, possibly for religious or sociological reasons. I’m currently neutral on a repeal; although Kenmoria has a strong interest in exploring space through the WA Mission, a replacement could accomplish this far better.”

"The WA general fund assesses donations based on 'donors' national wealth and ability to give'. The target requires member nations to indefinitely fund space stations (even ones they cannot afford) regardless of the national wealth or ability to give of the member nation."

Bobberino wrote:Should this pass, I'm couping TNP just so I can approve this one. :p

Kranostav wrote:I have some potential edits coming, but full support. Hopefully this is a quick instarepeal.

Thank you for your support!

Aenglaland
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 01, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Aenglaland » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:35 pm

Full support. It's disappointing to see #453 on the verge of being approved, so hopefully, and like Kranostav said, this is a quick instarepeal.
Aye, 'tis Loh
"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems"

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:19 pm

Full support.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Fecaw
Envoy

Founded: Feb 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Fecaw » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:23 pm

Support.

Ivory Rhodes
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ivory Rhodes » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:39 pm

Veniyerris wrote:Seeing as the current GA proposal is a close vote which is currently leaning for, I have been working on a repeal for it. Feedback is appreciated

Concerned that the target does not take into account the desires of member nations when requiring support for the construction of space stations

Additionally concerned that the target requires nations to contribute to and fund the construction and planning of Space Stations without considering nations’ level of technical achievement or economic position;

Perhaps a mention that the author called this a "glaring error" in their own resolution?

Nagatar Karumuttu Chettiar
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Nagatar Karumuttu Chettiar » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:51 pm

The resolution is going to fail, so there isn't anything to repeal, Joscopor changed his vote :blush:
Author of GA #455
Favourite Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9iYAsoX5t8
Aspiring Issue Author (6-times-failed)
Ban Abortion!

"A person's a person, no matter how small."

Choose love over death!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly