NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Humane Treatment Act

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Snoburg
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] Humane Treatment Act

Postby Snoburg » Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:42 pm

Humane Treatment Act
Category: unkown
Strength: Strong

Acknowledging that several nations, both inside and outside of the WA, take POWs in an attempt to create a sort of “bargaining chip” which can be used in negotiations.

Knowing these same nations can give great inhumane treatment to POWs causing possible trauma to those captured

Appalled that this terrible treatment of our fellow man has gone since unrecognized in the General Assembly

This Assembly
A.Defines Prisoner Of War (POW) as
- Any soldier kept in a hostile nation as a prisoner, typically with intent to use them as a bargaining chip

B. Defines torture as
-Any significant repetitive harm given out out to a person held captive, most often in the interests of punishment or gaining information

C. Declares that any POW must be given enough food/water to survive, while this food does not necessarily need to be healthy, it cannot fall below worldwide health standards.

D. States that a POW must be given the opportunity to write his/her family at least once a month, preferably more.

E. Torture of any kind is strictly outlawed

F. A significant fine will be dealt out to any nation that violates the above clauses

With these clauses enacted, this assembly hopes that we may reach more humane treatment of those at war

[Side Note: I’ve been trying to figure out what category this would fit in, any help would be appreciated.]

Snoburg
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Snoburg » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:30 pm

Snoburg wrote:

This is probably the part I'm most split on wether or not to include, considering that one of the main reasons to take a POW is to torture them for info. Also, is POW considered an real world reference? therefore making this illegal?

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:54 pm

Prevention of Torture #9 viewtopic.php?p=321#p321
Prisoners of War Accord #18 viewtopic.php?p=330#p330
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:21 pm

Snoburg wrote:
Snoburg wrote:

This is probably the part I'm most split on wether or not to include, considering that one of the main reasons to take a POW is to torture them for info. Also, is POW considered an real world reference? therefore making this illegal?

"Not only is it illegal under both the Prisoner of War Accord and Prevention of Torture to torture prisoners of war, I am appalled that your delegation is so willing to accommodate such a reprehensible act."

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Return to General Assembly