NATION

PASSWORD

(proposal) planetary guard

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

should this "planetary guard" be formed?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:16 pm

yes
27%
no
64%
maybe
5%
not now
5%

Total votes : 22

Supreme Swiss
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

(proposal) planetary guard

Postby Supreme Swiss » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:16 pm

wouldn't it be nice if we created a defense for a group of people to create this one allience that defended earth itself and protected all the members of the allience from eniemies. I propose that this should be done. I will create a poll to decide this. Comments about THIS topic only!
Last edited by Supreme Swiss on Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We look to the stars!!
supreme swiss

Cloney
Attaché

Founded: Oct 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cloney » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:27 pm

is this gonna be a thing for a forum?
A militaristic, high-tech nation with an emphasis on cloning technology. I do not use NS stats.

Doing it Rightland
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Doing it Rightland » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:50 pm

Supreme swiss wrote:wouldn't it be nice if we created a defense for a group of people to create this one allience that defended earth itself and protected all the members of the allience from eniemies. I propose that this should be done. I will create a poll to decide this. Comments about THIS topic only!

Hey there! If your goal is to submit this as a proposal to the World Assembly I'd suggest that if you'd like to put this forth as an full fledged proposal, you probably should read the GA rules and the list of prior resolutions. These are useful for getting a proposal into the required shape. If not, then this likely isn't the forum you're looking for.

If so, in terms of the concept, not all NS nations are on the Earth, so a more neutral "world" might fit better. I would also take a look at GA#2, it severely limits the World Assembly's capacity to get involved in militaries, and you would have to work around it in a proposal.

Hopefully this helps somewhat; feel free to reach out to me or any of the thousands of other nations here if you have questions about the WA.
Just a nation trying to right the wrongs it can.

"Do kayokem anmodo kemode arboyem, y mi — mi ansido na."
-Rightlandian Proverb

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:57 pm

Protect earth. Blah blah blah. What about the other 10,000 planets in the WA?

OOC: also, WA military forces are illegal
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Disembodied Voice
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Disembodied Voice » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:49 am

A quiet voice seemingly coming out of nowhere, says just behind the author's left ear: "Some of us already are planetary guardians of other planets. Why should we invest time, resources and effort in guarding a planet that has nothing to do with us?"
"The tongue can paint what the eyes can't see." – a Chinese proverb

Netherspace
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Netherspace » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:09 pm

An entity wearing a blue robe and black mask appeared in a chair, almost like it was always there. “Hmm... while a planetary guard would make the Carcosian agenda far easier to achieve, I’m afraid it’s illegal, as Earth is not the only WA planet and the WA is not allowed to have military forces.”

Return to General Assembly