NATION

PASSWORD

Prison Development Act [ABANDONED]

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Eduriania
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Prison Development Act [ABANDONED]

Postby Eduriania » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:30 pm

An act to protect prisoner rights.

The General Assembly,

Recognizing any human legally being held in a state prison (prisoner) as a person,

Understanding that all persons have equal rights that must be respected,

Hereby,

Promises to protect the rights of persons legally being held in state prison,

Agrees that prisoners must receive food, shelter and all of the basic human needs.
Last edited by Eduriania on Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:37 pm

Eduriania wrote:An act to protect prisoner rights.

The General Assembly,

Recognizing any human legally being held in a state prison (prisoner) as a person,

Understanding that all persons have equal rights that must be respected,

Hereby,

Promises to protect the rights of persons legally being held in state prison,

Agrees that prisoners must receive food, shelter and all of the basic human needs.

"What category and strength do you intend to submit this under? And what rights are being protected, exactly?"

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:41 pm

(OOC: I believe this has already been covered by Treatment of Inmates and as such your proposal duplicates it irreparably. However, well done for drafting your legislation here and not just submitting it, a lot of players initially don’t. Welcome to the GA.)
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Eduriania
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Eduriania » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:54 pm

Thanks guys!

Return to General Assembly