NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Investment Transparency and Responsibility

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Doing it Rightland
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Doing it Rightland » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:01 pm

Naboompu wrote:OK, I'm happy with how the ratings shall work as they do in real-life. Agreed it is probably better to leave it up to the Bureau.

But I'm still confused about one point. You specifically distinguish stocks but not the derivatives contracts they underlie. Shall, for example, a stock option contract be considered a "high-risk" investment or shall it not be covered by this resolution? How would these be directly monitored and not the stock price at the same time? Either way I'd at least specify whether "high-risk" investments include/may include/exclude derivatives contracts underwritten by stocks. If there's one change I'd make, it would be to clarify this.

I'd be interested in reaching out to IA and perhaps coordinating our proposals. Any feedback on my resolution (On Investment Equity) would also be appreciated; input seems to be lacking.

Good point; I've edited the definition in the rankings to exclude "stocks and any derivatives contracts whose underlying assets are stocks." I'll try and take a look at your proposal soon, I've just been a bit swamped with RL stuff the past few days.

I agree, it could be worthwhile to at least reach out to IA. Would you like me to initiate that, or you?
Just a nation trying to right the wrongs it can.

"Do kayokem anmodo kemode arboyem, y mi — mi ansido na."
-Rightlandian Proverb

Naboompu
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Naboompu » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:50 pm

Doing it Rightland wrote:
Good point; I've edited the definition in the rankings to exclude "stocks and any derivatives contracts whose underlying assets are stocks." I'll try and take a look at your proposal soon, I've just been a bit swamped with RL stuff the past few days.

I agree, it could be worthwhile to at least reach out to IA. Would you like me to initiate that, or you?

Yeah, no worries. RL stuff takes precedence over Nation States. Do you know IA? Perhaps it might be better coming from you if you have any rapport.

Doing it Rightland
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Doing it Rightland » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:52 pm

*Bump*
Just a nation trying to right the wrongs it can.

"Do kayokem anmodo kemode arboyem, y mi — mi ansido na."
-Rightlandian Proverb

Previous

Return to General Assembly