NATION

PASSWORD

[ABANDONED] Endangered Species as Food

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Roast Pork
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

[ABANDONED] Endangered Species as Food

Postby Roast Pork » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:16 am

Category: Environmental
Strength: All businesses – Mild

----------

Drawing attention to the importance of biodiversity and its role in sustaining all life, including humans,

Concerned with the increasing number of endangered species, particularly those caused by over-consumption of such speciesm

Respecting that some certain animals and plants hold significant symbolic and cultural value as food in some member nations,

Asserting that, there would be no such value if these species become extinct,

Recognizing that leaders and governments can take the lead in the preservation of the environment,

The World Assembly hereby,

1. Defines an endangered species is any species of animal or plant life listed as seriously at risk of extinction, and that is not currently farmed sustainably

2. Bans the preparation and consumption of endangered species as food in all official state functions within World Assembly member nations.

------------

Hi, all. This is my first time. Do point me in the right direction.
Last edited by Roast Pork on Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:28 am

"Hrarroom!" ("Greetings!")

Welcome to the GA. and congratulations on having the sense to post your draft here for feedback instead of just going (as far too many would-be authors do, alas...) straight to the 'submit proposal' stage.

I think that this topic is already covered adequately by GA Resolution #66 'Endangered Species Protection', supplemented -- where the possibility of importing those foods from non-member nations is concerned -- by GAR 267 & # 403.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Roast Pork
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Roast Pork » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:06 pm

Bears Armed wrote:"Hrarroom!" ("Greetings!")

Welcome to the GA. and congratulations on having the sense to post your draft here for feedback instead of just going (as far too many would-be authors do, alas...) straight to the 'submit proposal' stage.

I think that this topic is already covered adequately by GA Resolution #66 'Endangered Species Protection', supplemented -- where the possibility of importing those foods from non-member nations is concerned -- by GAR 267 & # 403.

Hello there, thanks for the welcome, and the feedback. I did see that resolution and wondered if this would be a good supplementary smack down, but I understand that the current language is strong enough. I'll switch it to withdrawn.

(Ooc: this is an actual problem my country is facing. But I guess this is more an issue of enforcement. Another country, China also recently banned shark fin from all state events. Baby steps.)

Return to General Assembly