NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT]Prohibition of Discourse on Capital Punishment

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Nogodia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT]Prohibition of Discourse on Capital Punishment

Postby Nogodia » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:51 pm

The World Assembly,

Restating, that capital punishment creates a model of justice for crimes exceeding others in malice and horrific results, a model beneficial in demonstrating a society's sense of justice and protection of citizens against individuals likely to repeat the same atrocities;

Restating, that capital punishment must be conducted in a humane manner that is not designed to be cruel or painful, such as thoroughly tested lethal injection and long rope hanging,

Concerned, that the potential restriction of capital punishment prevents nations from deterring violent criminals by demonstrating a lack of conviction by a nation-state in prevent public risks from being dealt with in a swift manner that prevents further crimes by their hand;

Believing, that although life sentences and other alternative punishments provide criminals with the opportunities to repent for their wrongs and improve their habits, the risk of escape and the unyielding convictions of some dangerous criminals leave the death penalty as the only foolproof solution,

Abhorring, that some nations attempt to remove this institution from legal bodies based on the assumption that innocent convictions are more valuable than removing a societal danger that may result in harm to innocents,

Asserting, that justice is best served with the threat of the death penalty as it condemns the worst criminals to death and removes the risk of their further committing of crimes,

Asserting, that sapient life is not inherently meant to be protected as it is the actions of those given life that should determine their value in society,

The General Assembly, invoking its purpose in creating a world with better stability, hereby:

1. Declares that no resolutions seeking to restrict a nation's right to maintain capital punishment shall be entertained in this chamber,

2. Declares that all nations shall be allowed to restrict the use of capital punishment in their own judicial systems,

3. Mandates that member nations shall complete any death sentences handed down within their jurisdiction without cruel and unusual methods,

4. Calls of the creation of the International Sentencing Moderation Committee to safeguard against cruel and unusual executions in ways such as, but not limited to;
a. Ensuring a nation has the facilities to conduct an execution that does not cause undue pain and suffering to the condemned,
b. Transporting the condemned to be executed in a different state should the nation where the punishment was handed be found to lack proper capabilities to conduct a humane execution,
c. Ensuring all condemned have been granted fair trials with conclusive evidence demonstrating their guilt.
Does NOT use NS Stats. RP Name 1252-1982: Nogodrick. 0-1252 and 1982-Present: Alsesia
Nation partially represents real views.
Vaukiai wrote:I am sure that if I say everything the opposite, you don't warn me.

This forum is a jewish dictatorship.

BLASNIAENIA wrote:
Inven wrote:A major threat, especially for small islands nation like Tuvalu

Can't they move?

Munkcestrian Republic wrote:
Trixtoria wrote:
BlueSteel does NOT support the institution of slavery. We thank you for you interest.

Why not?

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:54 pm

Joke proposals belong in the Joke proposals thread.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Nogodia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Nogodia » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:04 pm

Imperium Anglorum wrote:Joke proposals belong in the Joke proposals thread.

This is no joke.
Does NOT use NS Stats. RP Name 1252-1982: Nogodrick. 0-1252 and 1982-Present: Alsesia
Vaukiai wrote:I am sure that if I say everything the opposite, you don't warn me.

BLASNIAENIA wrote:

Can't they move?

Trixtoria wrote:
BlueSteel does NOT support the institution of slavery. We thank you for you interest.

Why not?

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011

Postby Separatist Peoples » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:11 pm

Nogodia wrote:
Imperium Anglorum wrote:Joke proposals belong in the Joke proposals thread.

This is no joke.

OOC: Cool, then its illegal.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Nogodia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Nogodia » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:16 pm

Separatist Peoples wrote:
Nogodia wrote:This is no joke.

OOC: Cool, then its illegal.

Is it game mechanics?
RW ref?

BLASNIAENIA wrote:

Can't they move?

Trixtoria wrote:

Why not?

Liberimery
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Liberimery » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:22 pm

Nogodia wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:OOC: Cool, then its illegal.

Is it game mechanics?
RW ref?

What the Secretariat should have informed you of is that this is blocker resolution. You cannot close off an issue by making a resolution that closes the topic.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:23 pm

Liberimery wrote:
Nogodia wrote:Is it game mechanics?
RW ref?

What the Secretariat should have informed you of is that this is blocker resolution. You cannot close off an issue by making a resolution that closes the topic.

OOC: Should is a strong word.

Nogodia wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:OOC: Cool, then its illegal.

Is it game mechanics?
RW ref?

Game Mechanics. Clause 1. You can't prevent drafting.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!

Nogodia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Nogodia » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:26 pm

Separatist Peoples wrote:
Liberimery wrote:

OOC: Should is a strong word.

Nogodia wrote:Is it game mechanics?
RW ref?

BRB as i fix it.

BLASNIAENIA wrote:

Can't they move?

Trixtoria wrote:

Why not?

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:34 pm

Nogodia wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:OOC: Should is a strong word.

BRB as i fix it.

OOC: Your fix won't help. You should delete the whole thing. You can block future resolutions on the issue with Clause 2. Clause 1 isn't necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly