NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Internationally Recognize Cultural Heritage

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Tuummaarraa
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 03, 2018
Moralistic Democracy

[DRAFT] Internationally Recognize Cultural Heritage

Postby Tuummaarraa » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:47 pm

A resolution to promote funding and the development of education and the arts.

Category: Education and Creativity
Area of Effect: Cultural Heritage

The World Assembly

BELIEVES that global harmony and international respect is key for diplomatic friendliness.

RECOGNIZES every nation as a unique sovereign state that should be admired alongside others.

REALIZES racism and stereotyping has dulled the minds of many.

IS CONCERNED about the damage simple false stereotyping can do to an international relationship.

Therefore, by the power of the council of the General Assembly, the WA will

1. POSITIVELY RECOGNIZE at least a few cultural aspects of every nation,

2. ALLOW ADVERTISEMENT AND PROMOTION of cultural heritage and rituals that are open to outsider participation,

3. ILLEGALIZE racism and negative stereotyping,

4. ALLOW NATIONS TO CHOOSE which trading products are not allowed to enter the country due to cultural interference,

5. PROMOTE global harmony between all nations,

6. When a war is taking place, REQUIRE BOTH SIDES to discuss about a possible peaceful fair alternative.

Likar
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Likar » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:48 pm

Against.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Muslim and proud!
Your Local Dank Meme Lord™
Classical(ish) Liberal
Seriously, why are you looking at this.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:27 pm

Of the seven posts you have made to date, five have been new proposals. Firing off new threads isn't like firing a shotgun and hoping one or two pellets will hit the target. Proposals need careful thought, response to feedback, and a lot of hard work.

Perhaps you should try participating in other players' threads for a few weeks so you can see what other players respond to suggestions and criticism. What you're doing right now is pretty much just spam.

Frisbeeteria, Senior Game Moderator

Cosmopolitan borovan
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmopolitan borovan » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:08 pm

1. I don't think racism should be banned. If a person is acting a bigot, let him be, it si enforced through social conduct.
2. Forcing the recogniztion of cultural aspects of every nation is too much for a nation. There just isn't enough room to put in festivals and holidays.
2. ALLOW ADVERTISEMENT AND PROMOTION of cultural heritage and rituals that are open to outsider participation,

No thanks

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:32 pm

(OOC: While this isn’t illegal, it’s going to be very hard to enforce. Sides in a war generally aren’t open to dialogue, and people are going to be racist no matter what international law decides to say. A large portion of retro TV shows rely on negative stereotypes for comedy, and modern ones are very similar. Also, as Fris says, focus and work on one draft rather than several.)
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:20 am

Tuummaarraa wrote:A resolution to promote funding and the development of education and the arts.

Category: Education and Creativity
Area of Effect: Cultural Heritage

The World Assembly

BELIEVES that global harmony and international respect is key for diplomatic friendliness.

RECOGNIZES every nation as a unique sovereign state that should be admired alongside others.

REALIZES racism and stereotyping has dulled the minds of many.

IS CONCERNED about the damage simple false stereotyping can do to an international relationship.

Therefore, by the power of the council of the General Assembly, the WA will

1. POSITIVELY RECOGNIZE at least a few cultural aspects of every nation,

3. ILLEGALIZE racism and negative stereotyping,

4. ALLOW NATIONS TO CHOOSE which trading products are not allowed to enter the country due to cultural interference,

5. PROMOTE global harmony between all nations,

6. When a war is taking place, REQUIRE BOTH SIDES to discuss about a possible peaceful fair alternative.

OOC: 1. How? 2. Why? 3. Already covered. 4. Either already covered or illegal for contradiction. Also, off-category. 5. Lolwhut? 6. Off-category and has nothing to do with cultural heritage either.

EDIT:
Kenmoria wrote:OOC: A large portion of retro TV shows rely on negative stereotypes for comedy, and modern ones are very similar.

That's a very shitty reason ("because it was okay before") to not want to do something about it, though.
Last edited by Araraukar on Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:24 am

Tuummaarraa wrote:3. ILLEGALIZE racism and negative stereotyping

OOC: In the context of the rest of the draft, that looks suspiciously like a rider to me. :eyebrow:
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:41 am

Araraukar wrote:
Kenmoria wrote:OOC: A large portion of retro TV shows rely on negative stereotypes for comedy, and modern ones are very similar.

That's a very shitty reason ("because it was okay before") to not want to do something about it, though.

I meant that TV shows often rely on exaggerated stereotypes for humour as they form an instantly identifiable and able-to-be-satirised concept, not that the mere fact of their existence justifies negative stereotypes.
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:25 am

Kenmoria wrote:
Araraukar wrote: That's a very shitty reason ("because it was okay before") to not want to do something about it, though.

I meant that TV shows often rely on exaggerated stereotypes for humour as they form an instantly identifiable and able-to-be-satirised concept, not that the mere fact of their existence justifies negative stereotypes.

OOC: Yeah, but there's a difference between stereotyping and negative stereotyping. And yes one could argue that even a positive stereotype (like, say, all Japanese people are good with electronics) is a negative stereotype when it's used to get a laugh out of people, but that's somewhat besides the point...

("Use a camera? I am a camera!" and points for everyone who know which film without Googling. :P)
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Tuummaarraa
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 03, 2018
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Tuummaarraa » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:48 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:Of the seven posts you have made to date, five have been new proposals. Firing off new threads isn't like firing a shotgun and hoping one or two pellets will hit the target. Proposals need careful thought, response to feedback, and a lot of hard work.

Perhaps you should try participating in other players' threads for a few weeks so you can see what other players respond to suggestions and criticism. What you're doing right now is pretty much just spam.

Frisbeeteria, Senior Game Moderator

Yes, maybe that is a better idea.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly