NATION

PASSWORD

Controled adoption of WA resolutions

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
SVR2200
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Controled adoption of WA resolutions

Postby SVR2200 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:03 pm

So this exploit idea have to be confirmed by more seasoned Nation State members, Greetings all. Currently I have death penalty approved and wanted to know if I can join WA just for period for the adoption of this ban which you have currently on table. Would there be other resolutions auto accepted upon joining, which were passed before?

Thank you lads!

Arasi Luvasa
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Arasi Luvasa » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:14 pm

OOC:
From what I understand, yes you can join. It won't affect your policies and as the resolution hasn't passed yet, it won't matter. Regardless even if
you pass the legislation allowing capital punishment afterwards, I don't think it will have an effect. A sort of weird disconnect between the WA
and the games basic mechanics. Others might know better, but this seems likely to be the case.
Ambassador Ariela Galadriel Maria Mirase
37 year old Arch-bishop of the Arasi Christian Church (also the youngest ever arch-bishop and fifth woman in the church hierarchy). An attractive but stern woman with a strict adherence to religious and moral ethical codes, also somewhat of an optimist. She was recently appointed to the position following the election of Adrian Midnight to the position of Patriarch.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:37 pm

Arasi Luvasa wrote:A sort of weird disconnect between the WA and the games basic mechanics. Others might know better, but this seems likely to be the case.

WA proposals don't do anything to decisions made via Issues, nor will your policies change if you are in the WA if/when this passes. There's no way to write new code for every passed proposal, so we use generic code based on the Resolution Category. WA proposals do not ever affect game-identified national policies.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:06 pm

SVR2200 wrote:So this exploit idea have to be confirmed by more seasoned Nation State members, Greetings all. Currently I have death penalty approved and wanted to know if I can join WA just for period for the adoption of this ban which you have currently on table. Would there be other resolutions auto accepted upon joining, which were passed before?

Thank you lads!

When discussing things In Character, all resolutions are retroactively effective.

OOCly, your gameside policies will not change. Your stats won't.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

SVR2200
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby SVR2200 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:43 am

Thank you all for replies & clearing up the idea. It's disappointing that resolutions don't directly affect the nations states members policies participating in WA. It was logical conclusion proved to fallen & the whole idea of WA membership seems to me at this point even less attractive than before.What is even the point of existence of WA if the resolutions don't affect anyone really on ground basis?
Last edited by SVR2200 on Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:34 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:Your stats won't most likely will.

Corrected that for you.

Dammit, I meant to say will. Why did I type wont?
Last edited by Separatist Peoples on Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:35 am

SVR2200 wrote:Thank you all for replies & clearing up the idea. It's disappointing that resolutions don't directly affect the nations states members policies participating in WA. It was logical conclusion proved to fallen & the whole idea of WA membership seems to me at this point even less attractive than before.What is even the point of existence of WA if the resolutions don't affect anyone really on ground basis?

Its roleplay. Roleplay is it's own end.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:43 am

Separatist Peoples wrote:
SVR2200 wrote:What is even the point of existence of WA if the resolutions don't affect anyone really on ground basis?

Its roleplay. Roleplay is it's its own end.

OOC: Fixed, and like SP said, RP is fun. It's even more fun if your nation is fundamentally opposed to some of the resolutions, and you have to think of a way to technically apply the resolution, while mostly being able to ignore it. That's called creative compliance, where you comply with what's written, but only what's written. (Letter of the law rather than the spirit of the law.)
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly