NATION

PASSWORD

Convention on Communist Government Sanctions

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Do you support the increased sanctions on all communist nations?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:28 am

Yes, I agree
11%
No, I do not agree
89%

Total votes : 18

Negeri Perak
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Convention on Communist Government Sanctions

Postby Negeri Perak » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:28 am

The communist governments in the world are getting to out of hand. So I, Sir John Forrest, and Tan Seri Tan Cheong Lok, Prime Minister of Negeri Perak, propose to tighten sanctions on all Communist States, no matter if they if they are well off or not.

My proposals are as follows:

1. A General Assembly Envoy to investigate the actions of all communist states.
2. A GA High Commissioner or Ambassador to have some involvement in investigations for a communist nation
3. If the reports come back and there is some anomaly with the statistics, then further sanctions will placed against the offending nation, whether they like it or not.

All those in favour vote For,
All those NOT in favour vote Against

Yours Sincerely,

Sir John Forrest, Governor of Negeri Perak
Tan Seri Tang Cheng Lok, Prime Minister of Negeri Perak
Last edited by Negeri Perak on Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:41 am

OOC
Proposals must be written from the viewpoint of the WA as a whole, rather than that of a specific nation or person, and can't even mention any specific nation (except as a Co-Author) or person.
Proposals can not target a specific type of nation, they must apply [at least in theory]] to all WA members... and they cannot directly affect non- members.
That isn't how we vote on things here.

But welcome, anyway!
Last edited by Bears Armed on Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Inberdia
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 11, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Inberdia » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:39 pm

You can probably guess why I'd say no to this. This is a blatant infringement on not only the rights of nations to follow whatever ideology they wish, whether you like it or not, but it also an infringement on our people's rights to not have to deal with economic oppression from those who think we're all stalinists.

-Inberdia

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:46 pm

All replies OOC.

Negeri Perak wrote:1. A General Assembly Envoy to investigate the actions of all communist states.

Which means...what, exactly? You can't say that "actions" are going to be investigated without saying what said actions are. "Actions" can cover every conceivable "doing thing". So a Communist Party member is going to be investigated for a cup of coffee they made, for example, as that is classed as an "action"...? :eyebrow:

Negeri Perak wrote:2. A GA High Commissioner or Ambassador to have some involvement in investigations for a communist nation

Vague.

Negeri Perak wrote:3. If the reports come back and there is some anomaly with the statistics, then further sanctions will placed against the offending nation, whether they like it or not.

"Some anomaly with the statistics?" Whatever does that mean?
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Inberdia
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 11, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Inberdia » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:49 pm

Also, I recommend you read the rules, because this looks like it could be considered illegal.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=159348

Cosmopolitan borovan
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmopolitan borovan » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:43 pm

Also helps to read and make resolutions

Return to General Assembly