NATION

PASSWORD

[ABANDONED] The Small Business Protection Act

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Northmapton
Civilian

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

[ABANDONED] The Small Business Protection Act

Postby Northmapton » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:19 pm

To the most Honorable members of the World Assembly,

For to long, the small businesses have been overlooked by the "big companies". Our politicians do NOT care about them because at the end of the day, it's not the small businesses who are writing out the campaign checks.

Section I

A small business is here-by defined as a business that employs 50 or under people (This 50 people does not include the owner/owners of the business) (The about of owners may not exceed more that 4 people. After that number, the owners after that margin will be counted at employees) and/or a business that grosses $200,000 or less.

Section II

Small Businesses starting out will be exempt from all tax for the first 2 years of that business.

After the period of 2 years has passed, the small business may not be taxed more than 20.0 %.

Section III

Regulations against (specifically targeting small businesses) shall here-after, if it is the will of the World Assembly, be considered null and void. This is in a effort to help out small business thrive. (Regulations shall not be considered to allow "Small Business" to operate, manufacture, distribute, or sell things that are illegal. These things illegal shall be enacted by each country individually.)

Sponsored by Northmapton,
Last edited by Northmapton on Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cosmopolitan borovan
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosmopolitan borovan » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:27 pm

We already have the national economic freedoms act. It prohibits most regulations on private enterprise. Also I don't really like this proposal. It is setting standards by all member states. I like every nation to set whatever taxes on businesses they want whether it be high taxes, low taxes, taxes on the consumer, service tax, or sales tax.

Also, different member states have different tax systems and regulations. I don't know if it will fit in. And the economic environment and amount of public welfare services, are different making it difficult to put in a number where you can't tax a small business more than this amount.
Last edited by Cosmopolitan borovan on Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:35 am

(OOC: This is illegal for branding due to the last line, which includes your country’s name. Also, proposals are written by the World Assembly, not proposed to its so the first line requires some altering. And as Cosmopolitan Borovan has said, this proposal’s idea has already been partly fulfilled by NEF. However, well done for posting a draft here and not just submitting it straight away.)
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Bananaistan
Senator

Founded: Apr 20, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bananaistan » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:10 am

OOC: There's also GAR#17 which prevents WA meddling in domestic taxation such as that outlined in section II while section III contradicts multiple WA resolutions which make regulations on businesses.
Delegation of the People's Republic of Bananaistan to the World Assembly
Head of delegation and the Permanent Representative: Comrade Ambassador Theodorus "Ted" Hornwood
General Assistant and Head of Security: Comrade Watchman Brian of Tarth
There was the Pope and John F. Kennedy and Jack Charlton and the three of them were staring me in the face.
Ideological Bulwark #281
THIS

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:34 am

There are internal WA legality issues here.

There is also the problem of pass-through taxation. Realise that one can make a shell corporation which exercises practically all things on one's behalf. Creating a law like this would simply permit people, especially wealthy ones, to create corporations in their name which earn all the income from the labour they provide and for the tax they normally would have been charged to not be charged. Following two years, just create a new corporation, sell the old one for a trivial sum, and repeat.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Return to General Assembly