NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] [REPEAL] Freedom of Religion

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

-Manchukuo
Attaché

Founded: Aug 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby -Manchukuo » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:01 am

The New California Republic wrote:
United Massachusetts wrote:Atheism is absolutely a religion.

The lack of a God cannot be proved, it is a matter of faith.

Atheism is not a belief system, so no, as lacking a belief in a god does not necessarily entail believing that no gods exist.

But anyway, we should probably avoid turning this into an NSGeneral type of thread.

Just when it was getting fun...
----------------------------------------------------------
The New California Republic wrote:OOC: In the same way that an empty vacuum container is full. ;)
Candlewhisper Archive wrote:So weird this game, in that it has people complaining that Nuclear Armageddon HASN'T happened. :)
Peptobismo wrote:banned for breathing
SNNNM:Dawetid wants news here.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:03 am

-Manchukuo wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Atheism is not a belief system, so no, as lacking a belief in a god does not necessarily entail believing that no gods exist.

But anyway, we should probably avoid turning this into an NSGeneral type of thread.

Just when it was getting fun...

I know, but rules is rules.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

-Manchukuo
Attaché

Founded: Aug 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby -Manchukuo » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:05 am

The New California Republic wrote:
-Manchukuo wrote:Just when it was getting fun...

I know, but rules is rules.

I know.
----------------------------------------------------------
The New California Republic wrote:OOC: In the same way that an empty vacuum container is full. ;)
Candlewhisper Archive wrote:So weird this game, in that it has people complaining that Nuclear Armageddon HASN'T happened. :)
Peptobismo wrote:banned for breathing
SNNNM:Dawetid wants news here.

Palmyrion
Minister

Founded: Mar 04, 2015
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Palmyrion » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:10 am

"The Vile Lard, a militant apocalyptic cult, has wrought terror among our lands in the Romani-Mar'si Union - and yet the world is silently barking up the wrong tree by protesting our regular targeted killings of this cult's practitioners. Religion has been both malevolent and benevolent, but there are religions out there that are purely malevolent and deserve to be extinguished from this world.

I approve of the repeal of such a ridiculous law that has prevented us from openly targeting the members of this cult - and members of other, as-yet unknown purely malevolent religions."

-Jonathan Dalisay
Palmyrian Representative to the World Assembly

OOC: Yes, there are instances where a religion would be mostly malevolent to the well-being of its followers, and spill-over to the rest of the world. Cases in point: Jonestown and Aum Shinrikyo. The mess that Jonestown was shouldn't have happened if local authorities swept into the area when everything started to look south. Japan should have uprooted the Aum Shinrikyo mess before it went worse by actually cracking down on the cult before it was powerful enough to release sarin in a Japanese subway back in 1995.
__PALMYRION: INTO THE PALMYRO-VERSE__
Greater Dienstad (NSMT) | Kali Yuga (Hard MT) | Dark Lightshow (2100s PMT) | Niteo (AD 5000 FT) | Screwed Reality
Diplomatic Outreach Programme | The Dozen Giants | Storefront | Discord Server
A 15.83 civilization, according to this index.

NS stats have been [REDACTED] into a [DATA EXPUNGED].
Ostroeuropa refuses to answer this question: do women deserve equal rights in your opinion?

Previous

Return to General Assembly