NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Action On Bribery

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
New Min
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] Action On Bribery

Postby New Min » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:41 am

Action On Bribery
Category: Political Stability | Strength: Significant | Proposed by: New Min

Believing domestic bribery undermines the stability of nations and organisations,

Furthermore believing it is necessary for this esteemed Assembly to tackle the international issue of destabilizing governments,

Understanding action on bribery prevents many complications that come with domestic corruption and bribery,

Seeking to end the destructive practice of bribery,

The World Assembly,

1. Defines, for the purpose of this resolution,
  1. 'bribery' as the act of promising or giving an advantage to another person or organisation (the 'subject'), by:
    1. being aware or believing that bribery would be deemed improper functioning within the framework of their activity,
    2. regardless of perceived or known illegality, in the expectation that a relevant function shall be performed improperly by the subject or anyone else, and/or
    3. regardless of perceived or known illegality, as a reward for improper performance within the framework of their activity, whether concerning performance in the past or yet to happen,
  2. 'being bribed' as the act of requesting or accepting any advantage conducted as a result of bribery, including the above three definitions of 'bribery',

2. Mandates that all member states ban the aforementioned practices of bribery and being bribed, and hand out proportionate and reasonable sentences for individuals and organisations that commit these practices,

3. Prohibits governments of member states from engaging in bribery or being bribed, and

4. Implores member nations to engage in further action against bribery and being bribed; including (but not limited to) requiring members of the government to report all attempted bribery, prohibiting or concluding all government contracts known to have been acquired through corruption, and actively searching for those who have engaged in bribery or being bribed.

Co-authored by Tinhampton.

Changelog
Removed a clause to prevent loopholes
Complete new version (rewrite made by Tinhampton) uploaded (including new title)
Changed category
Changed category back again
New preamble

The World Assembly,

1. Defines, for the purpose of this resolution, 'bribery' as the act of either
  1. promising or giving any advantage, either financial or not financial, to another person or organisation with the intent to make someone perform improperly within the framework of their function or activity, or
  2. promising or giving any advantage, either financial or not financial, to another person or organisation whilst knowing or believing that the acceptance itself would be considered by law improper functioning within the framework of their function or activity.

2. Clarifies giving financial- or other advantages to someone that will perform, or has performed, the function or activity is also included in clause 1.

3. Furthermore clarifies giving, offering or promising advantages through a third party is also included in clause 1.

4. Defines, for the purpose of this resolution, 'being bribed' as the act of either
  1. requesting, accepting or agreeing to receive an advantage, either financial or not financial, intending that, as a result, a relevant function should be performed improperly by the receiver or someone else, or
  2. requesting, accepting or agreeing to receive an advantage, either financial or not financial, whilst knowing or believing the request, agreement, or acceptance itself would be considered by law improper functioning within the framework of their function or activity, or
  3. requesting, accepting or agreeing to receive an advantage, either financial or not financial, as a reward for improper performance, within the framework of the relevance of their function or activity, in the past, or
  4. requesting, accepting or agreeing to receive an advantage, either financial or not financial, as a reward for yet to happen improper performance, within the framework of the relevance of their, or someone else's function or activity.

5. Clarifies not knowing or believing their action is illegal is not relevant in clauses 4a, 4c and 4d.

6. Requires member nations to consider the acts of bribery and being bribed, as defined in respectively clause 1 and clause 4, illegal, with heavy but reasonable punishments for individuals and organisations found to have committed one of the aforementioned crimes.

7. Prohibits member nations from practising bribery or being bribed as a government.

8. Urges member nations to
  1. require government officials and officers to report any and all attempts of bribery, and
  2. end government contracts with companies found to have established these contracts through corruption, and
  3. actively search for those guilty of bribery or being bribed.

Concerned that, in many countries and in the absence of adequate international legislation, both the private and public sectors are highly vulnerable to bribery,

Believing that, when contracts, deals and other such rewards are awarded as a result of bribery, the end product is ultimately delivered inferiorly and at a higher cost than it would be had the process been fair, and could even result in the collapse of national governments and major companies, and

Hoping for an end to the abhorrent practice of bribery,

The World Assembly,

1. Defines, for the purpose of this resolution,
  1. 'bribery' as the act of promising or giving an advantage to another person or organisation (the 'subject'), including:
    1. being aware or believing that bribery would be deemed improper functioning within the framework of their activity,
    2. regardless of perceived or known illegality, in the expectation that a relevant function shall be performed improperly by the subject or anyone else, and/or
    3. regardless of perceived or known illegality, as a reward for improper performance within the framework of their activity, whether concerning performance in the past or yet to happen,
  2. 'being bribed' as the act of requesting or accepting any advantage conducted as a result of bribery, including the above three definitions of 'bribery'.

2. Mandates that all member states ban the aforementioned practices of 'bribery' and 'being bribed', and hand out proportionate and reasonable sentences for individuals and organisations that commit these practices,

3. Prohibits governments of member states from engaging in bribery or being bribed, and

4. Implores member nations to engage in further action against bribery and being bribed; including (but not limited to) requiring members of the government to report all attempted bribery, prohibiting or concluding all government contracts known to have been acquired through corruption, and actively searching for those who have engaged in bribery or being bribed.

Co-authored by Tinhampton
Last edited by New Min on Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:01 am, edited 12 times in total.
MINISTER OF WORLD ASSEMBLY AFFAIRS
of The People's Republic of The Communist Bloc

Central Committee member
Justice on The People's Tribunal

Forensatha
Secretary

Founded: Aug 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Forensatha » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:13 am

Against.
Forensatha is satisfied with the amount of legislation dealing with this and most crimes.
Also known as Sargon Reman
GA#22

New Min
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Min » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:19 am

Forensatha wrote:Against.
Forensatha is satisfied with the amount of legislation dealing with this and most crimes.

"What legislation are you referring to, Ambassador? GAR248 "Against Corruption" has been repealed, as you are hopefully aware of."

Central Committee member

Desmosthenes and Burke
GA Secretariat

Founded: Oct 07, 2017
Corporate Bordello

Postby Desmosthenes and Burke » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:45 am

OOC: You know my general objection, but I have a few reservations about the specific text you have given.

New Min wrote:4. Defines, for the purpose of this resolution, 'being bribed' as the act of either
  1. requesting, accepting or agreeing to receive an advantage, either financial or not financial, intending that, as a result, a relevant function should be performed improperly by the receiver or someone else, or
  2. requesting, accepting or agreeing to receive an advantage, either financial or not financial, whilst knowing or believing the request, agreement, or acceptance itself would be considered by law improper functioning within the framework of their function or activity, or
  3. requesting, accepting or agreeing to receive an advantage, either financial or not financial, as a reward for improper performance, within the framework of the relevant of their function or activity, in the past, or
  4. requesting, accepting or agreeing to receive an advantage, either financial or not financial, as a reward for yet to happen improper performance, within the framework of the relevant of their, or someone else's function or activity.

5. Clarifies not knowing or believing their action is illegal is not relevant in clauses 4a, 4c and 4d.

I would remove the bolded and stricken portions entirely. I am not sure it appears or actually is any better to reward or pay off public officials with money or other effects for PROPER performance either.

Clause 5 just makes me uncomfortable. So-called strict liability is something I find objectionable in principle as a perversion of justice.
Last edited by Desmosthenes and Burke on Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
GA Links: Proposal Rules | GenSec Procedures | Questions and Answers | Passed Resolutions
Late 30s French Married in NYC
Mostly Catholic, Libertarian-ish supporter of Le Rassemblement Nationale and Republican Party
Current Ambassador: Iulia Larcensis Metili, Legatus Plenipotentis
WA Elite Oligarch since 2023
National Sovereigntist
Name: Demosthenes and Burke
Language: Latin + Numerous tribal languages
Majority Party and Ideology: Aurora Latine - Roman Nationalism, Liberal Conservatism

Hébreux 13:2 - N’oubliez pas l’hospitalité car, grâce à elle, certains, sans le savoir, ont accueilli des anges.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:50 am

OOC
This is not 'Political Stability'.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

New Min
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Min » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:57 am

Desmosthenes and Burke wrote:OOC: You know my general objection, but I have a few reservations about the specific text you have given.

New Min wrote:4. Defines, for the purpose of this resolution, 'being bribed' as the act of either
  3. requesting, accepting or agreeing to receive an advantage, either financial or not financial, as a reward for improper performance, within the framework of the relevant of their function or activity, in the past, or
  4. requesting, accepting or agreeing to receive an advantage, either financial or not financial, as a reward for yet to happen improper performance, within the framework of the relevant of their, or someone else's function or activity.

I would remove the bolded and stricken portions entirely. I am not sure it appears or actually is any better to reward or pay off public officials with money or other effects for PROPER performance either.

Clause 5 just makes me uncomfortable. So-called strict liability is something I find objectionable in principle as a perversion of justice.

OOC: That would make paying a salary to one of your employees illegal. Also, I disagree with your opinion on clause 5, as I believe simply saying you weren't aware corruption is illegal is not an excuse, only in clause 4b.

Bears Armed wrote:OOC
This is not 'Political Stability'.

OOC: I have discussed that with SL, who is currently considering it and I will wait for his/her opinion on it. I mainly went for PS as GAR248 had that one too.

Central Committee member

Desmosthenes and Burke
GA Secretariat

Founded: Oct 07, 2017
Corporate Bordello

Postby Desmosthenes and Burke » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:09 am

New Min wrote:
Desmosthenes and Burke wrote:OOC: You know my general objection, but I have a few reservations about the specific text you have given.

OOC: That would make paying a salary to one of your employees illegal. Also, I disagree with your opinion on clause 5, as I believe simply saying you weren't aware corruption is illegal is not an excuse, only in clause 4b.

I believe the "advantage" language you used would cover the official's normal contractual remuneration, but I reiterate my concern about the impropriety of paying off officials for doing their jobs properly. Microsoft handing an magistrate money after the fact is legal under your proposal, so long as the magistrate did his job properly prior to receiving and accepting it. However, I am not attached to any specific formulation on the point, so long as it is addressed in some way.

As for my objection to clause 5, I stand by it. Not knowing the law in general, I agree, should not be accepted as a barrier, but the law not being clear about what is or is not prohibited ought be, and the instant proposal uses the nebulous term "improper" which is insufficiently clear to me to refuse reasonable ignorance as a barrier to conviction.
GA Links: Proposal Rules | GenSec Procedures | Questions and Answers | Passed Resolutions
Late 30s French Married in NYC
Mostly Catholic, Libertarian-ish supporter of Le Rassemblement Nationale and Republican Party
Current Ambassador: Iulia Larcensis Metili, Legatus Plenipotentis
WA Elite Oligarch since 2023
National Sovereigntist
Name: Demosthenes and Burke
Language: Latin + Numerous tribal languages
Majority Party and Ideology: Aurora Latine - Roman Nationalism, Liberal Conservatism

Hébreux 13:2 - N’oubliez pas l’hospitalité car, grâce à elle, certains, sans le savoir, ont accueilli des anges.

Uan aa Boa
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 23, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Uan aa Boa » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:17 am

The problem here is that you're defining bribery in terms of it already being improper according to some law or standard. This means there are already, by definition, if not always laws then at least clear expectations that this behaviour is unacceptable. You're therefore close to proposing that there be a rule stating that the rules have to be followed.

I also think its unwise to give separate definitions of bribery and of being bribed. It would be far simpler and clearer to define one in terms of the other. Either the recipient of bribery is being bribed or bribery is what occurs when someone is being bribed.

Considering we already have GA #427 Convention on International Corruption what you’re seeking to address here is, by definition, not an international issue.

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:20 am

OOC: Simply replace every occurrence of “advantage, either financial or not financial” with “asset”

Other than that, it’s a good proposal, maybe the title could be tweaked to emphasize bribery as the target, since corruption is a broad term
Last edited by Aureumterra on Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

New Min
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Min » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:26 am

OOC post.
Uan aa Boa wrote:The problem here is that you're defining bribery in terms of it already being improper according to some law or standard. This means there are already, by definition, if not always laws then at least clear expectations that this behaviour is unacceptable. You're therefore close to proposing that there be a rule stating that the rules have to be followed.

Not true. The term by law is only used in clauses 1b and 4b, so bribery is still illegal. These clauses only say that, even if you do not perform improperly, accepting advantages, whilst knowing the acceptance itself would be considered improper performance by law, is illegal.

I also think its unwise to give separate definitions of bribery and of being bribed. It would be far simpler and clearer to define one in terms of the other. Either the recipient of bribery is being bribed or bribery is what occurs when someone is being bribed.

I have tried, but this was the only possible way to prevent loopholes.

Considering we already have GA #427 Convention on International Corruption what you’re seeking to address here is, by definition, not an international issue.

Countries and organisation destabalizing due to domestic corruption is an international issue.
Last edited by New Min on Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Central Committee member

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:34 am

“No preamble? Also, you have a lot of definition clauses and clarification causes, and it seems as though some of them are over complicated.”
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Uan aa Boa
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 23, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Uan aa Boa » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:42 am

New Min wrote:OOC post.
Uan aa Boa wrote:The problem here is that you're defining bribery in terms of it already being improper according to some law or standard. This means there are already, by definition, if not always laws then at least clear expectations that this behaviour is unacceptable. You're therefore close to proposing that there be a rule stating that the rules have to be followed.

Not true. The term by law is only used in clauses 1b and 4b, so bribery is still illegal. These clauses only say that, even if you do not perform improperly, accepting advantages, whilst knowing the acceptance itself would be considered improper performance by law, is illegal.

Sorry, you'll need to explain to me why something that's already considered improper by law is not illegal without a resolution to make it so.

New Min
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Min » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:55 am

Kenmoria wrote:“No preamble? Also, you have a lot of definition clauses and clarification causes, and it seems as though some of them are over complicated.”

"Preamble will follow. I am open to any suggestions on how to define bribery without over or under including things."

Uan aa Boa wrote:
New Min wrote:OOC post.

Sorry, you'll need to explain to me why something that's already considered improper by law is not illegal without a resolution to make it so.

OOC: First of all, this resolution does more than just banning it. Second, improper is legally not an equivalent to illegal.

Central Committee member

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:35 am

This could do with a bit of work. Here's my personal suggested rewrite (my apologies, of course, if your interpretation of "urges" is as an optional and not a mandatory clause):
Action on Bribery
A resolution to restrict political freedoms in the interest of law and order.
Category: Political Stability
Strength: Significant
Proposed by: New Min

The General Assembly,

Concerned that, in many countries and in the absence of adequate international legislation, both the private and public sectors are highly vulnerable to bribery,

Believing that, when contracts, deals and other such rewards are awarded as a result of bribery, the end product is ultimately delivered inferiorly and at a higher cost than it would be had the process been fair, and could even result in the collapse of national governments and major companies, and

Hoping for an end to the abhorrent practice of bribery,

Hereby:
  1. Defines, for the purpose of this resolution:
    • 'bribery' as the act of promising or giving any advantage to another person or organisation (the 'subject'), including:
      2. regardless of percieved or known illegality, in the expectation that a relevant function shall be performed improperly by the subject or anyone else, and/or
      3. regardless of percieved or known illegality, as a reward for improper performance within the framework of their activity, whether concerning performance in the past or yet to happen,
    • 'being bribed' as the act of requesting or accepting any advantage conducted as a result of bribery, including the above three definitions of 'bribery,'
  2. Mandates that all member states ban the aforementioned practices of 'bribery' and 'being bribed', and hand out proportionate and reasonable sentences for individuals and organisations that commit these practices,
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Forensatha
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Forensatha » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:38 am

New Min wrote:
Forensatha wrote:Against.

"What legislation are you referring to, Ambassador? GAR248 "Against Corruption" has been repealed, as you are hopefully aware of."

See: GA #427
Last edited by Forensatha on Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
GA#22

New Min
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Min » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:47 am

Forensatha wrote:
New Min wrote:"What legislation are you referring to, Ambassador? GAR248 "Against Corruption" has been repealed, as you are hopefully aware of."

See: GA #427

"Ahem - let me quote it: 'Clarifies that nothing in this resolution affects the regulation of purely domestic political bribery'"

Central Committee member

Forensatha
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Forensatha » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:28 pm

But what keeps the New Min or Forensatha from enacting national legislation that can address the same issue this does?

7. Prohibits member nations from practising bribery or being bribed as a government.

8. Urges member nations to
require government officials and officers to report any and all attempts of bribery, and
end government contracts with companies found to have established these contracts through corruption, and
actively search for those guilty of bribery or being bribed.

Corrupt governments can easily step around #8 and it's aspects.
#8 (c) sounds like you're encroaching a bit to much on the nation's legal systems.
Last edited by Forensatha on Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GA#22

Dawn Kingdom
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 15, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Dawn Kingdom » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:50 pm

Bribery and corruption is one of the strongest political game. Outlawing bribery would damage lot of corrupt nations. Strongly against.

New Min
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Min » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:24 pm

Dawn Kingdom wrote:Bribery and corruption is one of the strongest political game. Outlawing bribery would damage lot of corrupt nations. Strongly against.

"That's the fucking point, you plonker."

Central Committee member

Dawn Kingdom
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Dawn Kingdom » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:45 pm

New Min wrote:
Dawn Kingdom wrote:Bribery and corruption is one of the strongest political game. Outlawing bribery would damage lot of corrupt nations. Strongly against.

"That's the fucking point, you plonker."

1.) Mind your words,
2.) I know that this proposal is to depose dictatorships,
3.) zero chance of passing.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:47 pm

Dawn Kingdom wrote:
New Min wrote:"That's the fucking point, you plonker."

1.) Mind your words,

"Ambassador, three things. First, we can fucking swear as fucking much as we fucking like. Second, not all dictatorships are corrupt. Third, past corruption control attempts have succeeded. There is little reason this one will not eventually get there. It is more likely by far to succeed than your drafts."

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Dawn Kingdom
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Dawn Kingdom » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:52 pm

If I was the fucking one who sweared then I would be banned even before I could press the button "submit", second of all, corruption is great way of ruling the nation. Why should you outlaw it?
Last edited by Dawn Kingdom on Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:53 pm

Dawn Kingdom wrote:If I was the fucking one who sweared then I would be banned even beofre I could press the button "submit", second of all, corruptiong is great way of ruling the nation. Why should you outlaw it?

"Because it truly isn't the best way of ruling a nation. It is inherently inefficient, and puts the means of governance out of the reach of the poor or poorly connected by arbitrarily increasing the transactional cost of governing."

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Linux and the X
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Linux and the X » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:53 pm

Dawn Kingdom wrote:1.) Mind your words,

What's wrong with the Ambassador's words?

Figured that one out, eh? Good for you, champ.

Even if that were true, that doesn't seem to stop you from drafting.
Last edited by Linux and the X on Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you see I've made a mistake in my wording or a factual detail, telegram me and I'll fix it. I'll even give you credit for pointing it out, if you'd like.
BLUE LIVES MURDER

[violet]: Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Me, responding to a request to vote for a liberation: But... but that would blemish my near-perfect history of spitefully voting against anything the SC does!
Farnhamia: That is not to be taken as license to start calling people "buttmunch."

GPG key ID: A8960638 fingerprint: 2239 2687 0B50 2CEC 28F7 D950 CCD0 26FC A896 0638

they/them pronouns

Dawn Kingdom
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Dawn Kingdom » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:59 pm

Separatist Peoples wrote:
Dawn Kingdom wrote:If I was the fucking one who sweared then I would be banned even beofre I could press the button "submit", second of all, corruptiong is great way of ruling the nation. Why should you outlaw it?

"Because it truly isn't the best way of ruling a nation. It is inherently inefficient, and puts the means of governance out of the reach of the poor or poorly connected by arbitrarily increasing the transactional cost of governing."

Arbitrary isn't the best trait of ruler, but if you judge everyone justly it would cause more turmoil. Why not use corruption to ensure safety of loyal and influential people and depose traitors(even if they didn't deserve). Corruption won't give you ability to thrive in economy, but if you can regulate it then be sure that corrution will benefit governments.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly