NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] The Free Trade Act

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Do you like the draft?

Poll ended at Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:11 am

Aye!
13%
Nay!
50%
Kind of
13%
Not really
13%
Neutral
13%
Abstain
No votes
What’s a proposal?
No votes

Total votes : 8

Deltanium
Envoy

Founded: Feb 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] The Free Trade Act

Postby Deltanium » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:06 am

I decided instead of wrecking regions by raiding, I decided to stop raising hell and contribute to society by writing a GA proposal.Here it is:

Encouraging Free trade between two or more nations

Recognizing free trade as an important aspect of economic development and relationships between nations

Applauding the many nations that have free trade agreements with other nations

Motivating Non-WA nations to abide by this resolution

Condemning nations in partial or complete autarky

Proving the improvements in standards of living in free trade nations

Attempting to save nations from the scourge that is autarky

Projecting that 3 (three) years after this proposal goes through, all nations will have some sort, if not complete, free trade.
Last edited by Frisbeeteria on Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: don't check the "Disable BBCode" checkbox if you're using BBcode
The Empire of Deltia
"As He died to make men holy, let us die 'cause we want to!"

I have joined the light theme war against the dark theme.

Death is a preferable alternative to communism, death is a preferable alternative to democracy. Death is a preferable alternative to fascism. I just wanna die.

Discord server!

Christian Atheists are Atheists who behave like Christians... I guess that makes me an Atheist Christian?

I created a leader template with the stolen ideas of SC and Zitravgrad.

Radio Łódź:Sabaton- To Hell And Back|Der Warzau Telegraf: BREAKING: Valentine Z says the N-word!|American troops arrive in France

Samaj
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Samaj » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:52 am

If you want this to work, make the resolution actually do something. GA resolutions do not simply encourage things: they are laws.
Proud Citizen of The Western Isles - Factbook - News

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:46 am

Samaj wrote:If you want this to work, make the resolution actually do something. GA resolutions do not simply encourage things: they are laws.

(OOC: Actually, General Assembly legislation can just encourage or urge things to member states. This means the proposal cannot be any higher than "mild" strength but it is legal.)
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:00 am

Above is correct.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Sierra Lyricalia
Senator

Founded: Nov 29, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sierra Lyricalia » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:20 am

OOC: Given the existence of previously passed Free Trade resolutions and this proposal's utter lack of detail, I'm going to have to judge that it's illegal in its current state for No Operative Clause.

To the OP: Welcome to the World Assembly! Unfortunately this proposal doesn't seem to do much, and I would have to mark it "illegal." Have a look through the list of international law ("Extant Resolutions" link in my signature), and hopefully your next attempt will have more going for it.

Good luck!
Principal-Agent, Anarchy; Squadron Admiral [fmr], The Red Fleet
The Semi-Honorable Leonid Berkman Pavonis
Author: 354 GA / Issues 436, 451, 724
Ambassador Pro Tem
Tech Level: Complicated (or not: 7/0/6 i.e. 12) / RP Details
Jerk, Ideological Deviant, Roach, MT Army stooge, & "red [who] do[es]n't read" (various)
Illustrious Bum #279

Samaj
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Samaj » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:15 pm

Kenmoria wrote:
Samaj wrote:If you want this to work, make the resolution actually do something. GA resolutions do not simply encourage things: they are laws.

(OOC: Actually, General Assembly legislation can just encourage or urge things to member states. This means the proposal cannot be any higher than "mild" strength but it is legal.)

I see: you are right. The author will have to follow the rules for style and beef up the text. It is unlikely that a proposal that simply "encourages" would pass.
Proud Citizen of The Western Isles - Factbook - News

Return to General Assembly