NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] A Convention on National Economic Freedoms

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Mon May 07, 2018 11:37 pm

"I don't see how a resolution where the only thing it mandates is that member nations must compensate property owners fits significant strength."
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Tue May 08, 2018 12:05 am

Kenmoria wrote:"I don't see how a resolution where the only thing it mandates is that member nations must compensate property owners fits significant strength."

If the only mandate has to do about property ownership, then we should probably split that off and write a separate resolution based on eminent domain, nationalisation, etc.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Postby Kenmoria » Tue May 08, 2018 8:20 am

Imperium Anglorum wrote:
Kenmoria wrote:"I don't see how a resolution where the only thing it mandates is that member nations must compensate property owners fits significant strength."

If the only mandate has to do about property ownership, then we should probably split that off and write a separate resolution based on eminent domain, nationalisation, etc.

It is only a single clause about that, whereas every other clause is non-mandatory and about economic freedoms. Honestly, I don't see why the clause is in their in the first place.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Wed May 09, 2018 7:09 am

Probably because 68 GA contains such a clause right now. It was introduced likely, those years ago, to mal the proposal legal.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Postby Kenmoria » Wed May 09, 2018 8:50 am

Imperium Anglorum wrote:Probably because 68 GA contains such a clause right now. It was introduced likely, those years ago, to mal the proposal legal.

I would argue that just because the original resolution had it that's not a very good reason for adding it in, it's on a completely different topic to the rest of the proposal.
My pronouns are he/him.

Previous

Return to General Assembly